News and Blog Report: Orange uniforms permanently replacing the blue

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/terry-jones-oilers-getting-futuristic-orange-as-crowd-gets-2006-loud-for-nhl-playoffs

from Bob Nicholson: “Next year, we are mandated by the NHL to go to two uniforms without a third jersey. We will have two new uniforms, one orange and one white.
“There will be a bit of a changed design to them.â€

It's official that the Orange Jerseys are permanently replacing the blue.
While not disgusted, I am disappointed and sad that they are getting rid of the blue.

I really dislike the orange but I'm older, and I guess that's what 35 year of watching the oilers in blue will do.

what do you all think? Glad it's orange instead of blue?
Are you an older fan like I am, and will miss the blue?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I prefer the blue personally, but my world is not ending provided this 'bit of a changed design' he is talking about doesn't go all Reebok Edge on us.

My actual favorite is the whites anyway. :laugh:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I prefer the orange. I just hope they clean up the numbers on the shoulder.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I prefer the blue personally, but my world is not ending provided this 'bit of a changed design' he is talking about doesn't go all Reebok Edge on us.

My actual favorite is the whites anyway. :laugh:

I'd kill for a white version of the orange jersey. That would look amazing. :yo:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Don't like it. The orange is great in small doses as an alternate and for playing Canadian teams/storied rivalries like Calgary, Los Angeles, or Winnipeg. But all orange all the time? Too hard on the eyes. Reminds me of the new Nashville home jerseys in that regard.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I read an article awhile back and they were interviewing stores. It appeared to be very clear that people are buying the Orange ones.

I don't mind it as when I'd watch a Calgary game you can see the red in the stands. The orange just stands out a lot better and looks neat when you sections of people in all orange. Hopefully in the near future the whole arena is in orange.

I am curious why the league is making this mandate though. Isn't the hope that by have multiple jerseys that you'll potentially have consumers buying multiple jerseys?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I'm more so disapointed that the league is going to just two jersey templates. Though I dont mind the Oil going orange; it's a bit more unique, and helps define the "McDavid era" with this team.

But I'm hardly liking ditching a classic design, can there be an option between "don't care" and "like it"?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm more so disapointed that the league is going to just two jersey templates. Though I dont mind the Oil going orange; it's a bit more unique, and helps define the "McDavid era" with this team.

and so far the poll speaks to how popular orange now is. over 70% so far.

I really will miss the blue, though.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I like the orange jerseys. It does hurt my eyes a bit watching the games on TV with how bright the damn jerseys are though. Looks like I'll have to buy myself a first orange jersey. I'm either going with Larsson or Lucic since I already have Connor's jersey in blue.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
How about another option:

Like it, but really wish the Oilers weren't slightly changing the jersey to drive jersey sales...

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I like the prior Blue better than the current Orange, but the current Orange better than the current Blue. But, mostly I want the team to establish a legacy not 100% built around the 80s Oilers, so am good with going Orange. It offers an acknowledgement of the past, but is mostly new.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
Big fan of the white and blues jerseys with the orange being nothing more than a good change up. Oh well, not a big deal.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Like the Orange and have been watching for 30+ years, as long as the blue makes a comeback in future seasons it's no big deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad