OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Let this season heal soon/ NO MORE COVID II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I didn't think what the flyers were doing was sustainable, but I guess that's just because I was looking at it through Devils colored lenses. When you have actual talent and don't need 2848437485 shots to score 1 goal, I guess you can sustain winning while being outshot. I still think the playoffs will crash it down, but maybe not as strongly as I thought that before.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A rare event on the Island tonight - Taylor Hall with a goal
And a not so rare event, with the Sabres yet again not being able to score more than two goals against a team that isn’t the Devils, nor being able to beat another team that isn’t the Devils.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight’s games

Rangers vs Devils: 1 goal against Shesterkin, no chance. 4 goals against Blackwood, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Dell in relief, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Islanders: 5 goals against Johansson, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Sorokin, no chance on either.

Red Wings vs Hurricanes: 4 goals against Bernier, no chance on any. 2 goals against Nedeljkovic, no chance on either.

Flyers vs Penguins: 3 goals against Elliott, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Jarry, no chance on any.

Jets vs Canadiens: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, no chance on any. 4 goals against Allen, 1 stoppable.

Lightning vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Vasilevskiy, no chance on either. 3 goals against Lankinen, 1 stoppable.

Panthers vs Predators: 4 goals against Bobrovsky, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Rinne, 2 stoppable.

Blue Jackets vs Stars: 2 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Khudobin, 1 stoppable.

Senators vs Flames: 4 goals against Murray, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Daccord in relief, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Rittich, 2 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Canucks: 3 goals against Hutchinson, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Demko and it’s stoppable.

So that’s 67 goals scored on goalies, 20 are stoppable. That’s 30% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .892%.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Jake Virtanen goal on Hutchinson. Johansson of the Sabres gave up a pretty bad one like this from a dead angle too, but that one was a bit more flukier than this one. Hutchinson makes softy of the night a lot when he actually does play and is on an NHL roster, which isn’t all that much....

Camille the Eel

He's a f***ing loser. Totally unnecessary hit straight to the head.

I don't like to wish injuries on people, but I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson get lit the f*** up.
When the league looks at it, there’s Wilson’s history. He’s had so many incidents and suspensions. You have to think with the repeat offenses it’s at least 10 games worth. At some point you need to suspend the guy for a season.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
When the league looks at it, there’s Wilson’s history. He’s had so many incidents and suspensions. You have to think with the repeat offenses it’s at least 10 games worth. At some point you need to suspend the guy for a season.
They tried that for like 20 games and of course it was appealed and he only had to serve like 11 or 12.

Or maybe he did serve 20, but got his money back for half of them?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Reading the main board thread and there are dozens of posts trying to examine the precise point of initial contact are ague that "actually it's a good hit" and man oh man you just need to watch that thing once at full speed and you can see how awful it is.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Camille the Eel

The more I watch the Caps, the more impressed I am with Jakub Vrana. He’s the guy who beat us a couple times I think. He’s such a smooth scorer.

As to Wilson it will probably depend on how banged up Carlo is. I’ve seen worse Wilson hits (the rookie guy blindsided in an exhibition game, remember that one) but - while he initiated the contact with Carlo’s shoulder - Carlo was defenseless and engaged with another player when Wilson came in late and then used clearly his elbow to finish the hit to Carlo’s head. Just no reason for it.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I still stand by the opinion in both the NHL and NFL that if you're a repeat offender you should sit for as long as the player you injure are injured for. Put a cap on it obviously in case it's a career ending injury, but these dinky 5 game suspensions are nothing for these guys. I get that Wilson's last one was 20 games, but this dude should be forced to miss the remainder of the season and playoffs.

Wilson has been suspended like 6 times already, f*** this guy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight’s games

Capitals vs Bruins: 4 goals against Vanecek, no chance on any. 1 goal against Samsonov in relief, no chance. 1 goal against Halak, no chance.

Lightning vs Blackhawks: 3 goals against McElhinney, no chance on any. 3 goals against Subban, 1 stoppable.

Blues vs Kings: 2 goals against Husso, no chance on either. 3 goals against Petersen, 2 stoppable.

Ducks vs Avalanche: 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. 2 goals against Grubauer, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Coyotes: 1 goal against Kahkonen, no chance. 5 goals against Raanta, 2 stoppable.

Golden Knights vs Sharks: 4 goals against Dansk, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Jones, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Dubnyk in relief, no chance on either.

So that’s 37 goals scored on goalies, 9 are stoppable. That’s 24% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .894%.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Kevin Labanc goal on Oscar Dansk.

Holy shit this was hilarious. This was worse than Bryzgalov on David Clarkson. It also saved Martin Jones from getting softy of the night in the very same game.

Last edited:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Man if anyone watched the kings game I would be infuriated about there lack of being able to get the puck out with a 6 on 5

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Reading the main board thread and there are dozens of posts trying to examine the precise point of initial contact are ague that "actually it's a good hit" and man oh man you just need to watch that thing once at full speed and you can see how awful it is.
Yeah, the slow motion over analyzation really doesn't do any good in situations like these... it's a dirty hit. Plain and simple. That hit looked f***ing awful to receive, have to wonder if Carlo got concussed. Seems like Wilson never learns. Maybe suspending him for a full season (82 games) would wake him up?

Reactions: tr83

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i'm not 100% sure, but i don't believe he is considered a repeat offender anymore because he's been a goodboi for a year or so. which, if true, is an absolute joke

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for Saturday’s games

Rangers vs Devils: 3 goals against Georgiev, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Blackwood, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Islanders: 5 goals against Hutton, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Varlamov, no chance on either.

Flyers vs Penguins: 3 goals against Elliott, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Jarry, no chance on any.

Panthers vs Predators: 2 goals against Bobrovsky, no chance on either. 6 goals against Rinne, 2 stoppable.

Maple Leafs vs Canucks: 4 goals against Andersen, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Demko, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Coyotes: 4 goals against Talbot, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Kuemper, 1 stoppable.

Jets vs Canadiens: 4 goals against Hellebuyck, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Brossoit in relief, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Price, no chance.

Ducks vs Avalanche: 4 goals against Miller, 1 stoppable. 5 goals against Miska, no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Stars: 4 goals against Korpisalo, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against
Vehvilainen in relief and it’s stoppable. Oettinger gets the shutout.

Blues vs Kings: 4 goals against Binnington, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Quick, no chance on any.

Flames vs Oilers: 3 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Smith, no chance on either.

Golden Knights vs Sharks: 4 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable. Fleury gets the shutout.

So that’s 80 goals scored on goalies, 23 are stoppable. That’s 29% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were .884%.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Hall just had a breakaway (granted, at the end of a long shift) and he just fell on his own and didn't even get a shot off. Oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad