Carolina@ Columbus3:00 PM ET , SN, FS-O, FS-CR
Colorado@ St. Louis3:00 PM ET
Arizona@ MinnesotaPPD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't think it'll happen but I think the league really could use a two week shut down after this weekend.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight’s games

Capitals vs Rangers: 3 goals against Vanecek, no chance on any. 2 goals against Shesterkin, 1 stoppable.

Predators vs Panthers: 5 goals against Saros, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Bobrovsky, 3 stoppable. Bob is a $10 million dollar pile of trash.

Stars vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Khudobin, 3 stoppable. 3 goals against Korpisalo, no chance on any.

Senators vs Canadiens: 2 goals against Murray, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Price, no chance on any.

Canucks vs Maple Leafs: 7 goals against Demko, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Andersen, 2 stoppable.

Hurricanes vs Blackhawks: 5 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Lankinen, no chance on any.

Coyotes vs Blues: 3 goals against Raanta, no chance on any. 3 goals against Binnington, no chance on any.

Flames vs Jets: 3 goals against Markstrom, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance.

So that’s 57 goals scored on goalies, 16 are stoppable. That’s 28% of the goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages .886%.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this Auston Matthews goal on Demko. If you stay quiet and really concentrate and try to listen, you can actually hear Demko is snoring on this one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That second goal on Shesterkin was pretty bad too, shot lollipopped up in the air and he just whiffed on it with his glove.
That one only bobbled off his glove after it deflected off of Hagelin (and possibly a Ranger?) just a few feet in front of him. I can’t honestly nail him with a stoppable goal on that one. That was actually the first goal on him.

The second goal was by Ovechkin and that beats him from distance off the face off with little screen on the blocker side. It’s a forgivable goal because it’s Ovechkin, but I gotta nail him with a stoppable goal on it.

Reactions: Blackjack

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
That one only bobbled off his glove after it deflected off of Hagelin (and possibly a Ranger?) just a few feet in front of him. I can’t honestly nail him with a stoppable goal on that one. That was actually the first goal on him.

The second goal was by Ovechkin and that beats him from distance off the face off with little screen on the blocker side. It’s a forgivable goal because it’s Ovechkin, but I gotta nail him with a stoppable goal on it.

Ahh, you're right, I forgot that that was the first goal.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when Canucks fan tried to argue Demko was better then Blackwood?

A lot of fanbases try that and have looked dumb
He’s had a few really good games this year, but he’s already had two different 7 goal against games this season.

I would guarantee he’s the only goalie in the league to have allowed 7 goals two different times this year already. Not many goalies have even allowed 7 in a game at all yet this year.

Fun trivia. Martin Brodeur never once allowed 7 goals in a game, but I think he allowed 6 goals in a game 14 or 15 different times? I remember it was 14 or 15 times in his career and looking that up a while back, but he never allowed 7. Kind of weird that he allowed 6 goals 14 or 15 different times, but never broke 7.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
He’s had a few really good games this year, but he’s already had two different 7 goal against games this season.

I would guarantee he’s the only goalie in the league to have allowed 7 goals two different times this year already. Not many goalies have even allowed 7 in a game at all yet this year.

Fun trivia. Martin Brodeur never once allowed 7 goals in a game, but I think he allowed 6 goals in a game 14 or 15 different times? I remember it was 14 or 15 times in his career and looking that up a while back, but he never allowed 7. Kind of weird that he allowed 6 goals 14 or 15 different times, but never broke 7.
Most goalies probably get yanked before they give up 7, Travis Green probably thinks the games over and why bother, he's still their coach I think?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Most goalies probably get yanked before they give up 7, Travis Green probably thinks the games over and why bother, he's still their coach I think?
Yeah he’s still the head coach.

A blow up is likely coming after this season if they finish the way they’re on pace to finish.

It would seem Benning is really getting dangerously close to the end.

Reactions: Guttersniped

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Yeah he’s still the head coach.

A blow up is likely coming after this season if they finish the way they’re on pace to finish.

It would seem Benning is really getting dangerously close to the end.
they are not doing well this year, yeah I definitely see changes coming

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
they are not doing well this year, yeah I definitely see changes coming
“Not doing well” is understatement, other than Hoglander breaking out it’s gone bad in just about every way. Canuck fans have joked that Pettersson has made himself more affordable with an off-year but I doubt he (or his agent) is going to see it that way. I won’t even try to guess what deal he’ll get next off-season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
“Not doing well” is understatement, other than Hoglander breaking out it’s gone bad in just about every way. Canuck fans have joked that Pettersson has made himself more affordable with an off-year but I doubt he (or his agent) is going to see it that way. I won’t even try to guess what deal he’ll get next off-season.

Likely a bridge deal similar to Barzal if I had to guess. I'm sure the Canucks wanted something longer but I'm sure that Petterson wants top dollar. Apparently, he changed agents at the beginning of the year to Pat Brisson so I doubt early contract talks went well. He might as well have retained Scott Boras. If they were smart they'd pay him the long term money but that could have happened already. Off season or not, he's a top young center and they should try to keep him happy.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Isnt that the guy a lot of posters here said we should have taken over Nico?
well he does have more points than Nico this year, and two legs at least !

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
There are main board posters who don't even have Nico top 5 in a redraft, which is insane. Mostly Montreal fans with a massive hard on for Suzuki
Don’t forget Thomas and Necas!

Lots of guys looking better than Nico, they just need more time to actually technically overtake him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad