OOT scoreboard 2020 bubble playoffs part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about that fluttery Heiskanen goal?
To me that was more bad luck than anything for Vasilevskiy, as he was in a very prone position. The puck hit him but bounces over him. Vasilevskiy was almost in the splits while doing that save and definitely not in a good enough position to really have a chance on it, unless it bounced under him to where he could get a whistle after he covered it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

So is Dallas really this overmatched? Are people ready to call the series for Tampa? I mean Dallas getting blown out of the first period on two straight games makes it seem that whenever Tampa puts its foot on the gas they can overwhelm Dallas and then just sit back and counterpunch.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So is Dallas really this overmatched? Are people ready to call the series for Tampa? I mean Dallas getting blown out of the first period on two straight games makes it seem that whenever Tampa puts its foot on the gas they can overwhelm Dallas and then just sit back and counterpunch.

Dallas just needs to get to their physical game without taking a million penalties.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Sorry to say this Dallas team has the all the makings of a Finals loser, down to the quirky goalie folk hero whose luck usually runs out about now.

The fact is the WC blows outside of the Blues, who thought just pretending Billington wasn’t god awful in the bubble might work, and the Avalanche, whose goalies were replaced like Spinal Tap drummers. Vegas is the king of mediocrity that is the Pacific. The Stars, like their fellow Central Conference’s Predators and Jets, are respectable also-rans. (Do the Jets get to lose in Cup final next?)

After a playoff drought of five years the Stars had six years where it made three times, twice as the playoff team with the worst record and they managed to win the Central four years ago.
It’s weird having the NHL try to sell them as full blown swaggering contenders, Seguin and Benn had been called out by the team’s owner as their offense had gone MIA, Benn was seen as another broken down power forward while Seguin with more of a mental thing. Pavalski signed there because there a big spending vet team who was willing to give a 35 year old a 3 year/7m deal when his previous big spending vet team couldn’t.

We’re not at the Stars level yet so it’s daunting to see them shown as lacking. They have a excellent 1st line (if Seguin would turn on), Pavalski’s line works as well, excellent forward depth beyond that, some stellar defense... It’s just that the Lightning have more.

I will say that going with 7d-11f seemed to have a negative draining effect on the TB forwards and switching on Monday to 6d-12f was a good call.

It’s not remotely over of course. Is Stamkos coming back? How’s Point? I’d be absolutely thrilled to eat these words but Dallas looked like it was unraveling. I have less faith if they go back to 7d because it annoys me.

Camille the Eel

Sorry to say this Dallas team has the all the makings of a Finals loser, down to the quirky goalie folk hero whose luck usually runs out about now.

The fact is the WC blows outside of the Blues, who thought just pretending Billington wasn’t god awful in the bubble might work, and the Avalanche, whose goalies were replaced like Spinal Tap drummers. Vegas is the king of mediocrity that is the Pacific. The Stars, like their fellow Central Conference’s Predators and Jets, are respectable also-rans. (Do the Jets get to lose in Cup final next?)

After a playoff drought of five years the Stars had six years where it made three times, twice as the playoff team with the worst record and they managed to win the Central four years ago.
It’s weird having the NHL try to sell them as full blown swaggering contenders, Seguin and Benn had been called out by the team’s owner as their offense had gone MIA, Benn was seen as another broken down power forward while Seguin with more of a mental thing. Pavalski signed there because there a big spending vet team who was willing to give a 35 year old a 3 year/7m deal when his previous big spending vet team couldn’t.

We’re not at the Stars level yet so it’s daunting to see them shown as lacking. They have a excellent 1st line (if Seguin would turn on), Pavalski’s line works as well, excellent forward depth beyond that, some stellar defense... It’s just that the Lightning have more.

I will say that going with 7d-11f seemed to have a negative draining effect on the TB forwards and switching on Monday to 6d-12f was a good call.

It’s not remotely over of course. Is Stamkos coming back? How’s Point? I’d be absolutely thrilled to eat these words but Dallas looked like it was unraveling. I have less faith if they go back to 7d because it annoys me.
Dallas Posters are saying btw that Seguin has an arm or wrist or hand injury; that may account for his vanished production.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Dallas Posters are saying btw that Seguin has an arm or wrist or hand injury; that may account for his vanished production.
No way, he just needs to dig real deep and find an extra gear. There is also various jams and grit involved as well. I know how sports work.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Khudobin leaves too much far side.

Gross.

I want Dallas to win tonight so we have more games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Brian Boucher calling that a nothing shot and a backbreaking goal.

I made fun of him as a goalie, but he’s my favorite color analyst and my favorite NBC hockey personality period after Doc.

He breaks down every goal from the goaltenders angle.

I’ve never had anything but good things to say about him as an analyst since he joined the NBC crew 5 or 6 years ago.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Goalies have been very mediocre in this series. Vasilevsky did have that one great save in this game though.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goalies have been very mediocre in this series. Vasilevsky did have that one great save in this game though.
Both have looked poor tonight.

I’d only nail each of them on one goal tonight (first one on Vasilevskiy and last one on Khudobin), but they’ve looked shaky. Khudobin just gave the puck away from an almost goal and both have been way out of position and over or under committing.

Vasilevskiy is being easily pulled out of position. That happened on the one goal on him. I wouldn’t give him a stoppable goal on it, but he was easily pulled apart on it. The one where he had the puck put off of him from the side of the net. Think it was that Corey Perry goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad