OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And this is fake news. Rangers had 11 shots in two periods.

Edit: Shots are 42-19 Jets, your post was abhorrent.

Rangers are not a good team, they’ll go as far as Hank goes. Yet another SO for them, the shootout and Hank are the only reasons why the Rags find themselves where they are.

Edit #2: Anddd they lost, Rangers sure ‘handled’ the Jets with a massive 19 shot performance.
Since I know we've been over the word narrative a few times, there's a certain ''Narrative'' when it comes to certain teams. Especially our rivals or like when the Sharks lose to the Flyers (despite outplaying them mightily) because they're purposely no-showing to conserve their energy and effort to beat us. Because Pete allows them to not beat those teams, as long as they come ready to beat us.

So any time the Rangers beat a team (which they didn't tonight anyway) and the same goes for the Flyers or Islanders (who haven't ''Handled'' or outplayed many teams at all this year) or Hurricanes or Panthers, they handle them or outplay them, even if the only reason for beating them is because they won the PDO war.

I think the only guy that got handled in this game was Helleoverrated, who has been TRASH all year. The Jets have won in spite of him. Brossoit has been much better, but has also hardly played.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hellebuyck sucks. He's got one of the highest softy per game/softy to goals allowed percentages among goalies this year by my count. It's not quite in Jake Allen or Mike Smith territory, but it's one rung lower. I was surprised to see his save percentage was even about 90%.

That Marc Staal goal was a bad goal. It reminded me of the second Tampa goal against Cory last week, only I think Hellebuyck had even more time to set himself to stop the shot.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good. I want the Rangers to end up in that 8-9 seed type rut where they are not a threat in the playoffs and they are not bad enough to get too high of a pick to improve the team quickly.
They remind me way too much of the 15-16 Devils, when Cory was still elite.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
LOL Caps were up 5-1 over the Ducks at one point, now it's 6-5 Ducks. This is the kind of game that gets your coach fired if you're a middling team or less.

I was listening to the Caps radio feed and whoever their color commentator is said (I'm paraphrasing) Anaheim is dead and there's no emotion just as Anaheim made it 5-2. The rest, as is said, is history.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Listen to the Marc Staal post-game interview, close your eyes.

He sounds eerily similar to Greene
If you were literally color blind, they both look eerily similar watching them play. Both of them suck, only Staal is like 5 years younger and has been worse for longer.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was listening to the Caps radio feed and whoever their color commentator is was saying (I'm paraphrasing) Anaheim is dead and there's no emotion just as Anaheim made it 5-2.
I saw a lot of it and couldn’t believe it. I will say, I don’t think most of the goals Holtby had a chance on. Holtby also has a high stoppable goal count from me for how high his save percentage was this year. I think over 30% of them were for him and he was at .917% before today. Now most of the bad goals came before he went on this run. I think the first goal against us the other night was the only one I’ve dinged him on in the last couple weeks. He hasn’t allowed many goals at all for the last couple weeks.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Mrazek came 2 minutes away from a potential shutout in a 0-0 game.

I was dreading DD posting about Mrazek's impending shutout in the morning.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Ducks vs Capitals: 3 goals against Gibson, no chance on any. 2 goals against Miller in relief, no chance on either. 6 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Jets vs Rangers: 3 goals against Hellebuyck, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on any. first Jets goal beats him through the 5-hole on a one timer as he's moving. Can't ding him on that one. If the shot was just a bit slower, he probably would have at least had time to be in position for it. And maybe then I nail him for a stoppable goal if it goes in.

Flames vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Smith, no chance on either. 3 goals against Crawford, 1 stoppable. Couldn't nail Smith on the breakaway where he's deked by Toews 5-hole. Mike Smith should get a trophy for going a game without allowing a bad goal. The last two times he allowed 1 goal in a game they were softies each time.

Sharks vs Canadiens: 1 goal against Jones, no chance. 3 goals against Price, 2 stoppable.

Avalanche vs Red Wings: 1 goal against Bernier, no chance. It was another 5-hole on a one timer as the goalie was sliding goal. Varlamov gets the shutout.

Hurricanes vs Kings: 1 goal against Mrazek, no chance. Quick gets the shutout.

So that's 28 goals scored on goalies tonight and 5 were stoppable. That's only just about 18%. That's the lowest I've found in a while. Even the Ducks goalies and Holtby didn't play as bad as the score of that game would suggest. Combined save percentages tonight were a very good .925% and the stoppable goal count tonight is very much in congruence with that. The numbers of both corroborate each other perfectly tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night is this goal on Carey Price from Justin Braun. Braun is no Al MacInnis. When Jamie Baker is suggesting the goalie should have stopped this one, then he really should have stopped it. Jamie Baker is more sympathetic to goalies than most commentators and rarely points out a poor goal allowed.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Softy of the night is this goal on Carey Price from Justin Braun. Braun is no Al MacInnis. When Jamie Baker is suggesting the goalie should have stopped this one, then he really should have stopped it. Jamie Baker is more sympathetic to goalies than most commentators and rarely points out a poor goal allowed.

Saw this game live yesterday. When I saw this go in, I though to myself, yep 'that will make the Bleedred low-lite post'. It was so bad, the crowd was dead quiet, and it set the tone for the rest of the game. Free food in my section, so it was a good time regardless!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saw this game live yesterday. When I saw this go in, I though to myself, yep 'that will make the Bleedred low-lite post'. It was so bad, the crowd was dead quiet, and it set the tone for the rest of the game. Free food in my section, so it was a good time regardless!
Haha nice! Free food sounds pretty sweet! I know, the place went library quiet! :laugh:

I thought the Burns goal was also not good. He shouldn’t have been screened on it, he made no attempt to even battle through it or search for the puck.

I was close to also bailing him on Pavelski’s goal. I had to watch the replay a few times and decided to cut him a break on that one. That game definitely tells me a lot about why Price has played poorly for almost 79 games though.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Haha nice! Free food sounds pretty sweet! I know, the place went library quiet! :laugh:

I thought the Burns goal was also not good. He shouldn’t have been screened on it, he made no attempt to even battle through it or search for the puck.

I was close to also bailing him on Pavelski’s goal. I had to watch the replay a few times and decided to cut him a break on that one. That game definitely tells me a lot about why Price has played poorly for almost 79 games though.
The third goal was a nice play, I don't think I can fault Price for that one.

From my vantage point I thought the second goal was your typical 5v3 screen, but it's true, he was too passive on the play.

At the Bell Center, the second (middle) bowl is free food seating. It's technically a sham since it gives the Habs management an excuse to jack up the prices of seats that are higher up in the arena. They will usually charge $150+ USD for those seats when they are probably $40-60 USD average price for your typical middle-upper bowl seating. Even with the free food it's unlikely you will eat up $100 of value of food, so you are most likely getting the shaft.

However, the day of the game, there's usually good deals from people trying to jettison their tickets last minute. 50-60% off and it's worth going!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The third goal was a nice play, I don't think I can fault Price for that one.

From my vantage point I thought the second goal was your typical 5v3 screen, but it's true, he was too passive on the play.

At the Bell Center, the second (middle) bowl is free food seating. It's technically a sham since it gives the Habs management an excuse to jack up the prices of seats that are higher up in the arena. They will usually charge $150+ USD for those seats when they are probably $40-60 USD average price for your typical middle-upper bowl seating. Even with the free food it's unlikely you will eat up $100 of value of food, so you are most likely getting the shaft.

However, the day of the game, there's usually good deals from people trying to jettison their tickets last minute. 50-60% off and it's worth going!
I think our building used to have that, maybe it still does. A few sections along the side of the ice (behind the penalty boxes and players benches in the lower bowl) had like unlimited food or something. I didn't sit down there and maybe it's changed since the new owners have come in and all of that. I've only seen two games at Prudential Center since 2012. They were the Marty and Patty jersey retirement nights.

I think those seats I'm talking about were about $250 bucks USD like 6 or 7 years ago!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Lightning vs Devils: 1 goal against Domingue, no chance. 4 goals against Kinkaid, 1 very stoppable goal. 1 goal against Schneider and it's another pretty stoppable one.

Sabres vs Predators: 2 goals against Hutton, no chance on either. 1 goal against Rinne, no chance. One of the goals on Hutton looked pretty bad, but it also clearly looked like it was deflected just from the weird way it went into the net. It's hard to say for sure, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Preds commentators said ''I don't know if it hits something''. It was hard to say.

Oilers vs Stars: 3 goals against Koskinen, no chance on any. 1 goal against Khudobin, no chance.

So that's 14 goals scored against goalies tonight and only 2 are stoppable. Sadly both are from our wonderful goalie tandem. That's 14% of goals allowed tonight are stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight are the league average of .909%.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No need to post the softy of the night tonight, because if you watched tonight's Devils game, then you saw it. It was the Kucherov goal on Kinkaid. The first goal he allowed tonight.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
No need to post the softy of the night tonight, because if you watched tonight's Devils game, then you saw it. It was the Kucherov goal on Kinkaid. The first goal he allowed tonight.

the one that vats deflected, right? come on now

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Goal one? That was deflected? If that was deflected it was from a mile away.

go to the 40 second mark for the clearest view:

or just look at kinky/vats body language after it went in. they both knew it was vats’ fault

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
go to the 40 second mark for the clearest view:

or just look at kinky/vats body language after it went in. they both knew it was vats’ fault

There may have been a slight deflection, but I think most are gonna agree that’s a bad goal when the deflection was right near where the shot was taken. It’s line when someone says “goalie was screened though” by a guy way up there and right near the shot. The fact that it also just barely misses his glove and floats in very slowly.

Simply put, he’s probably made saves on tougher deflections than that.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
There may have been a slight deflection, but I think most are gonna agree that’s a bad goal when the deflection was right near where the shot was taken. It’s line when someone says “goalie was screened though” by a guy way up there and right near the shot. The fact that it also just barely misses his glove and floats in very slowly.

Simply put, he’s probably made saves on tougher deflections than that.

a deflection on a change up type shot from high out with a rolling puck is more difficult than some of the other deflections he’s saved. when the deflection is further out, in those circumstances, the puck will dip/change direction more (as you can see on the replay) than a deflection right in front of the goalie. those are, in some respects, actually easier to stop.

if you want to say it was stoppable, fine, i’m not going to argue lol...i’ve explained before why i find that so arbitrary and ridiculous. but to say it’s the softy of the night or whatever is just plain wrong. hell the goal against schneider was much, much softer

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Buff having a great season and TML fans still take over their arena.

More than 50% Leafs fans in the building tonight.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ryan Reaves scores his 6th tonight.

Crazy game in Cbj tonight

TBL beats Det in the SO, 6-5

Wpg defeats NYb 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events