OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Results from tonight officially drop the Devils to 16th place of the 16 Eastern teams.

EDIT: Better than 3 Western teams though! (L.A., Canucks, Chicago)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was chastised for suggesting we acquire him.

He's not a liabity, 6 goals, do we have anyone that stands up to bullies?
He IS a liability. Not to the level of Cam Janssen or Eric Boulton, Andrew Peters, etc, but he is NOT a good player at all.

He just tied his career high in goals last night at 31 years old. He averages about 6 goals per 82 games over his entire career and this year he scored 6 goals in 29 games so far. Do you really think Reaves just all the sudden got good this year? Or do you think maybe he's having an Andrew Hammond type season at scoring goals?

Not to mention that he has 2 career power play goals, that's two more than he had in his entire career before this season. One of them was last night.

I enjoyed watching him take Wilson out of the game, even on a dirty late hit, I won't lie. I'm not sure if Wilson ever came back, but I was flipping through games and happened to turn that game on right as that happened. The Caps didn't score one goal on their 5 minute PP and it was 2-1 Caps after 2 periods when that happened and they lost the game 5-3.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Bruins vs Panthers: 5 goals against Halak, 3 stoppable. Seriously, the first 3 goals were all very bad. Not even just stoppable. Behind the goal line, through his arm, another one squeaks through his 5-hole. And the team was terrible with allowing 44 shots, but the quality of those first 3 goals were brutal. Luongo gets the shutout in his return.

Jets vs Islanders: 1 goal against Hellebuyck, no chance. 2 goals against Greiss, no chance on either.

Avalanche vs Penguins: 6 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against DeSmith, no chance on any.

Flames vs Blue Jackets: 3 goals against Rittich, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Smith in relief, 1 stoppable. 8 goals against Bobrovsky, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Korpisalo and it's stoppable. Bobrovsky had a high stoppable goal count coming into tonight that I thought was too high for his save percentage. He wasn't as bad as the goals against tonight. Didn't have a chance on 6 of these 8, but this knocks him down to probably where he should be. Rittich was the worst of the 4 goalies to play in this game on the eye test.

Maple Leafs vs Sabres: 3 goals against Andersen, no chance on any. 4 goals against Ullmark, 2 stoppable.

Senators vs Canadiens: 5 goals against Anderson, 1 stoppable. 2 goals against Price, no chance on either.

Lightning vs Red Wings: 5 goals against Pasquale, 2 stoppable. 5 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable.

Wild vs Canucks: 2 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on either. 3 goals against Nilsson, no chance on any.

Capitals vs Golden Knights: 4 goals against Holtby, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Fleury, no chance on any. The game winner on Holtby was brutal. Happened with a little over a minute left. That's not the first time this year that he's allowed a backbreaking game winner very late in regulation.

Coyotes vs Kings: 1 goal against Hill, no chance. 2 goals against Quick, 1 stoppable.

72 goals were scored on goalies tonight and 19 were stoppable. That's a bit over 26% of goals scored were stoppable. Combined save percentages were an abysmal .884% tonight, which might be the lowest I've seen this season on a night where 10 or more games were played. I don't think goalies played nearly as bad tonight on the eye test as they did on paper. Which is why some nights there will be a 40% stoppable goal count with combined save percentages being .905%. These things even themselves out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Because the live puck era seems to be back and there were so many goals scored last night, you get two softies of the night.

This one on Halak is the softy of the night

This one runner-up. And the timing of this goal was extremely suspect.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The trick is finding a player with a brain who can actually play decently and put the hurt on a Wilson only when necessary.

That said I’m sure the video of that hit by Reaves will be watched in more than a few NHL locker rooms today.

Reactions: Bleedred

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
screen_shot_2018-12-05_at_12.15.37_pm.png

Not surprisingly, the head coaches had differing opinions on the play.

“Reaves targeted (Wilson) the entire game,” Capitals coach Todd Reirden said. “You could hear it on every faceoff, you could hear that things were being said. It’s a blindside hit on an unsuspecting player who (then) hits his head on the ice. That’s disappointing. You can put two and two together, but he targeted him the entire game. You can figure it out from there.”

Golden Knights coach Gerard Gallant saw it differently.

“It’s a clean hit,” Gallant said. “There’s nothing wrong with it.”

When a reporter pointed out the hit appeared to be late, Gallant said, “No, not late at all. Not late at all.”
I lol'd.

Reactions: Bleedred

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Reirden has to have his guy's back. I'm more amused by Gallant's "nope, no way" quote which he could not possibly have actually believed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
FLA actually outdrew NYb last night, 12,058 to 9,125

FLA's attendance will continue to climb since they are in the beginning of torrid winning pace

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Buff having a great season and TML fans still take over their arena.

More than 50% Leafs fans in the building tonight.
Everyone flipped their tickets for stupid money when it appeared the season was going to be another total disaster. There will be a lot more of us in the building in March, including myself as I just got a ticket as part of a 5 game mini plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad