OOT Scoreboard 2018-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Koskinen from Edmonton just got bailed out of the probable softy of the night on an offsides call.

It was a hideous bad angle from Toffoli that was from outside of the circles and just went in off of him and the post.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
''This is the Bruins first shutout of the season in 25 games'' - Jack Edwards.

Uhh, dude, it's 1-1 going into the shootout. Where is the shutout here?

lol he must have meant first shootout...or he was just having a senior moment :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol he must have meant first shootout...or he was just having a senior moment :P
I am pretty sure he said shutout and not shootout, but I guess I'll give him a break, as I make plenty of typos along those lines, though not many audio gaffes like that. I don't think I'm nearly as old as him though haha.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for tonight

Islanders vs Bruins: 1 goal against Lehner, no chance. 1 goal against Rask, no chance.

Wild vs Blue Jackets: 4 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on any. 2 goals against Bobrovsky, both stoppable. First one was caused by a giveaway from him and he was even in position to make the save and it still looks through. Second goal was a clean wraparound. Both are bad.

Rangers vs Senators: 3 goals against Lundqvist, 1 stoppable. Anderson gets the shutout.

Sabres vs Lightning: 5 goals against Hutton, 3 stoppable. 4 goals against Domingue, 2 stoppable. Both of these goalies sucked. This is probably the worst game Hutton's had this year. The Lightning probably thought Cory was back in town and suited up for the Sabres tonight. The Stamkos goal looked almost identical to the one he scored on Eddie Lack last year.

Coyotes vs Predators: 3 goals against Rinne, 1 stoppable. Adin Hill gets his first NHL shutout.

Blackhawks vs Jets: 6 goals against Crawford, 3 stoppable. 5 goals against Hellebuyck, 1 stoppable. The poor goals are really piling up on Crawford right now, after being really, really low to start his season. And so goes his save percentage into the toilet.

Kings vs Oilers: 3 goals against Quick, 2 stoppable. 2 goals against Koskinen, 1 stoppable.

Golden Knights vs Canucks: 3 goals against Fleury, no chance on any. 4 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable.

So that's 46 goals scored on goalies tonight, 17 are stoppable, that's 37% of goals were stoppable. That's pretty high. Combined save percentages tonight were .906%. Now last night the stoppable goal count was very low for how poor save percentages were. Save percentages were just average tonight, while stoppable goals very high. Call it the odds evening out for last night if you will. Both goals on Bobrovsky were so poor, he probably should have a shutout tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night was a tough one. It probably should be this one on Hellebuyck (yet again! Is he still elite, by the way?), so I'll give it to him

But this one on Domingue was just way too funny not to post. Probably a bit fluky, but still hilarious.

It's funny how the softy of the night goes to the guy who won the game just as much as often as the goalie who lost the game. That's the case in both of these.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One interesting note. Devan Dubnyk did not play nearly as poorly tonight as his save percentage/the goals against total indicated, nor did he last game. He's given up 8 goals in the last 2 games and only one of them I nailed as stoppable.

But his stoppable goal count was very high for what his save percentage was, so this is probably the save percentage coming down to where it should be, because he wasn't as good as his save percentage for the first 1.5 months, almost 2 months of the season.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
One interesting note. Devan Dubnyk did not play nearly as poorly tonight as his save percentage/the goals against total indicated, nor did he last game. He's given up 8 goals in the last 2 games and only one of them I nailed as stoppable.

But his stoppable goal count was very high for what his save percentage was, so this is probably the save percentage coming down to where it should be, because he wasn't as good as his save percentage for the first 1.5 months, almost 2 months of the season.

did Buff fans fill those large swaths of empty seats tonight?

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Devils vs Capitals: 4 goals against Kinkaid, 3 stoppable. Kind of petty of me to call that breakaway goal stoppable, but goal 2 was all his fault and goal 4 was pretty poor. 3 goals against Holtby, 1 stoppable.

Sabres vs Panthers: 3 goals against Ullmark, no chance on any. 2 goals against Reimer, no chance on either.

Ducks vs Hurricanes: 1 goal against Gibson, it's pretty stoppable. 2 goals against McElhinney, no chance on either.

Blues vs Avalanche: 2 goals against Allen, no chance on either. 3 goals against Varlamov, 1 stoppable.

Kings vs Flames: 2 goals against Petersen, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against Smith and it's the typical Smith softy that we see so much of this year. Pathetic goal to cost yourself a shutout on.

23 goals scored on goalies tonight, 8 stoppable. That's 35% of goals tonight were stoppable. Combined save percentages were a very good .926% though. Sadly, Kinkaid is the only goalie with less than .917% tonight. Holtby and Reimer both were .917% on the night.

Jake Allen doesn't give up a single stoppable goal tonight.

No softy of the night tonight, it's the Tom Wilson goal on Kinkaid, which you saw if you watched tonight's game. It could have been a goal on Smith on Petersen though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Jets vs Devils: 3 goals against Brossoit, no chance on any. 4 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on any.

Sharks vs Senators: 5 goals against Jones, 3 stoppable. 2 goals against Anderson, no chance on either.

Stars vs Canucks: 1 goal against Bishop, no chance. 2 goals against Nilsson, no chance on either.

Maple Leafs vs Wild: 3 goals against Andersen, 1 stoppable. 4 goals against Dubnyk, no chance on any.

Red Wings vs Bruins: 2 goals against Howard, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Rask, no chance on any.

Rangers vs Canadiens: 5 goals against Georgiev, 3 stoppable. 2 goals against Price, no chance on either. Georgiev not looking much like a steal this game.

Lightning vs Panthers: 4 goals against Domingue, 2 terribly stoppable goals. 5 goals against Reimer, 1 stoppable.

Flyers vs Penguins: 2 goals against Stolarz, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against DeSmith, 2 stoppable.

Blues vs Coyotes: 6 goals against Johnson, 2 stoppable. 1 goal against Hill, no chance.

Blackhawks vs Predators: 4 goals against Ward, no chance on any of them. 2 goals against Rinne, no chance on either.

Blue Jackets vs Islanders: 3 goals against Bobrovsky, no chance on any. 2 goals on Greiss, no chance on either.

Golden Knights vs Oilers: 2 goals against Fleury, no chance on either. 1 goal against Koskinen, no chance.

So 71 goals were scored on goalies tonight, 16 were stoppable, that's just over 22.5% of goals scored tonight were stoppable. Not a bad night for goalies on the eye test. Jones, Domingue and Georgiev were abysmal. Georgiev and Jones especially. Not even Cam Ward allowed a stoppable goal tonight. Combined save percentages were a below average .906% tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Domingue for this pathetic goal. The one he gave up a few seconds after this wasn't much better. This is softy of the night no contest.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL Caps were up 5-1 over the Ducks at one point, now it's 6-5 Ducks. This is the kind of game that gets your coach fired if you're a middling team or less.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL Caps were up 5-1 over the Ducks at one point, now it's 6-5 Ducks. This is the kind of game that gets your coach fired if you're a middling team or less.

I'm sure they're going nuts on the Trotz-Rierden comps right about now.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Tom Wilson also got bullied by our Swedish defenseman Hampus Lindholm.
& a nobody that was waived by Edmonton, Pontius Aberg before the season started scored 2 goals, his 8 & 9th of the year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
''Connor Hellebuyck has allowed a lot of soft goals'' said by Joe Micheletti twice already on the broadcast!

Thanks for being the first member of the hockey media to recognize my work and reference my data! :sarcasm:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Rags handling Wpg
And this is fake news. Rangers had 11 shots in two periods.

Edit: Shots are 42-19 Jets, your post was abhorrent.

Rangers are not a good team, they’ll go as far as Hank goes. Yet another SO for them, the shootout and Hank are the only reasons why the Rags find themselves where they are.

Edit #2: Anddd they lost, Rangers sure ‘handled’ the Jets with a massive 19 shot performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->