Ontario Reign 20-21 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
Clague with a nice breakout pass to spring Frk for the breakaway. Reign take the lead 4-3.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Hate to say it but the organization has systems in place that are not that good. Besides the 1-3-1, teams have figured out how to stop that power play breakout and there needs to be a better plan to enter the zone when its not working.
The system in place is the same at both levels and can make even the most skilled players look uninspired.
Whoever is still pushing for this system should rethink it or be fired.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Thankfully it's over. Not even sure if I wanted a win. Rest up and get ready for next season. Now no hockey for the next 4 months.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That rush in OT was as poorly defended of a rush as you’ll see. Phillips covered absolutely nothing, which is something I saw too often from him throughout the season.

Good learning experience overall for all the young prospects in the pipeline. They should be considerably better players next season.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Its annoying how they lost last night, but looking at the season as a whole, I think a lot of progress was made given where they were at the start of the season. I think of the prospects I'm most impressed with the growth was Akil, I'm not suprised that Kaliyev and Byfield did as well as they did, but Akil showed how versatile he was and got better as the year went along. I think another year in the AHL with maybe a couple call ups will be good for him. Also curious to see if Parik or Ingham can take the reigns over from Villalta because he didn't take the step that I thought he would this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad