Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Theres no reason their PP should be so bad. They keep doing the same shit and it ain't working. At what point do you start questioning the coaching staff.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
That's why I hate 5 on 5 hockey...no goals,fricking boring and super huge goaltenders with stupidly Ultra XXXX sized equipment

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Theres no reason their PP should be so bad. They keep doing the same shit and it ain't working. At what point do you start questioning the coaching staff.
At what point do you blame the stupidity of the game? Hockey needs excitement back and begs for 4 on 4 hockey

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The way he handles the puck reminds me a lot of Alexei Kovalev. He doesn't shoot it as well as Kovalev did but probably has better vision and for the Ducks sake hopefully a better compete level.

Ah, even at first glance, he's way pissier than Kovalev at least. As he gets comfortable I'm sure that'll come out more. He'll be borderline pest/annoyance for years. Kind of like the flashes we see from Kempe.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The AHL is not nearly as good this year as it usually is because of the taxi-squad but calling it a garbage league is a laughable take. Most players who aren't stars spend time in that league, and some stars do as well.

Also, Turcotte probably would have been playing in the AHL right now even if he had played in the NCAA this year, I am a big NCAA guy but if your 1st round pick is playing as a junior in the NCAA it is a bad sign unless the guy is really into academics and wants to graduate or is trying to go the Jimmy Vesey/Adam Fox route. And he didn't get hurt because he was playing in the AHL, he has been hurt the previous two seasons playing in the USHL and NCAA, can't blame the AHL if he's hurt.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Trying to figure out how to say this.

This version comes off as too critical: "Byfield really looks like he should have more points."

This version comes off as too over-the-top: "Byfield looks like a completely dominant player."

I'm gonna settle for every time I watch him, Byfield gets closer and closer to the verge of something special and unique and if and when that breakthrough happens--which honestly is starting to look sooner than I thought (doesn't mean he won't continue learning)--the guy will be unstoppable.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
At this point how far does everyone think Akil is from making the NHL. The dude committed hard to putting muscle on last summer and he seems like his is a Swiss utility knife type player.

how far away is he and what role will he have. I know we have more skilled and higher end guys but this kid seems to be a true hockey player. Wondering your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad