Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
I think there a number of things to keep in mind...

Byfield and Kaliyev are 18 and 19 years old and ordinarily wouldn't even be allowed to play in this league.
That's 2/3 of your top line. Other teams top scorers are 24-28 years old with years of AHL and NHL experience.

The Kings have made a deliberate effort to focus on "development" and in this season there is no benefit to icing a team or coaching that team to do whatever it takes to win. I have every confidence that Wroblewski and the players WANT to win every game but if the goal of the Ontario Reign was to win every game no matter the cost I believe you would see a very different roster construction and deployment than we've seen. See previous paragraph.

The D corps was disrupted with the untimely departures of Walker and Roy for the Kings as well as the injury to Hults. We've been watching a Reign team without Clague, Strand, Bjornfot, Alt and Hults for most of their games.

I'm not trying to make any excuses for this team... watching them lose when we've all been looking forward to the young guns popping off is excruciating and annoying. I just think a little patience is warranted.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
One issue I have watching the game is the camera is to low. Not sure what the optimum would be but its not working the way it is now.

Please do not take this as an insult in any way but it’s a question. Have you ever been to Toyota Sports Center? There’s only maybe 12 rows of bleachers on one side. And sadly to move the camera back even further would put it behind glass that’s outside the rink. Only option for a wider view is this little “GM” box right inside the glass but then you’d have a very weird angle of the ice.

But I completely agree, the camera is close and then when it zooms in you miss what’s going on outside of the puck carrier.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
One thing that is so blatantly obvious with these defensemen compared to the ones that are sitting in LA and even Clague, is their inability to make passes across the blue line to their partners. Tobi does that at a very high level even in the NHL. It makes a huge difference in being able to cycle the puck and keep possession or getting an open shot from the blue line.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fagemo. His office is pretty much either circle. Slap Shot or wrist shot doesn't matter.

I was worried if that would be NA translatable but he appears to have no problem just blowing them by even here. I wanna check out his release some more because the shot is a bullet but it didn't seem as deceptive as it is, so many goalies just wave at it

Reactions: andys

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I try to have a pretty positive outlook, but they're getting worse with each game...

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Goodness I feel bad for this team. Imagine when Kaliyev and Byfield leave at one point or another. Sheesh

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
For as much as this team struggles at times, you have to admire the fact that they don't quit and are in every game. I think once they get to about mid season and get used to the system this team could be dangerous.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
Really liked Byfield's shift around the 8 min mark of the 3rd period. Completely took over from the entry to a grade A opportunity for Alt all alone in the slot.

Reactions: andys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->