Ontario Reign 20-21 part II Growing Pains

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
From what I've seen this season, the criticism of Kaliyev dogging it does not jive with his play. I've been impressed with his strength along the boards entering the zone on dump-ins as he is routinely getting through contact between center ice and the blue line to be able to get in on the forecheck quicker. We can't forget that he isn't a small dude so, even though he is already 32 years old, he should still get stronger.

Honestly, what's been shocking is the numerous golden opportunities he has missed with that one-timer of his. So many times this year where he's looking up to the sky after the whistle because he cna't believe he sailed it high or shot it right into the goaltender. I'm not worried about it though. Guy is still my favorite prospect in the pipeline and I really hope he isn't one of the prospects that ultimately gets moved out of here.

He's not going anywhere if his complete game continues to improve. They would be stupid to trade someone with that size and shot when they have struggled to score for so long.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
From what I've seen this season, the criticism of Kaliyev dogging it does not jive with his play. I've been impressed with his strength along the boards entering the zone on dump-ins as he is routinely getting through contact between center ice and the blue line to be able to get in on the forecheck quicker. We can't forget that he isn't a small dude so, even though he is already 32 years old, he should still get stronger.

Honestly, what's been shocking is the numerous golden opportunities he has missed with that one-timer of his. So many times this year where he's looking up to the sky after the whistle because he cna't believe he sailed it high or shot it right into the goaltender. I'm not worried about it though. Guy is still my favorite prospect in the pipeline and I really hope he isn't one of the prospects that ultimately gets moved out of here.

All I can figure is it comes down to his stride, he doesn't 'look' like he's skating hard, i.e. Kopitar.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

:laugh:

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

Feel like he was 19 just yesterday.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Why?The Kings don't need an enforcer and Reeves should have played Football like Papa Williard he's terrible and a goon hockey player which means he stinks in the new NHL and is practically obsolete! Vegas' 3rd line will be Janmark,Glass and Roy with the 4th given to Carrier,Nosek and an up and coming minor leaguer L Elvenas and highly touted Junior/College prospects and 1st rounders Peyton Krebs and Brendan Brisson
Doesn't matter. Those teams still kick our ass when it comes to the physical game.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Zegras just did something I don't know if i've ever seen. He was on a break and was kind of hooked and flipped his stick and kind of pick axed the puck over the pad and in pretty casually.:eek:

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Sheesh Zegras making Berube look like a beer leaguer. One nothing Gulls chalk up another loss. Sheesh Turcotte and Andersson not playing.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Durzi knocked down by a 5'9 De Leo. I understand De Leo's a few years older, but Durzi has 3 inches on him.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
GM Blake knew about the AHL but he puts all best prospects in the A...why? Its a shit league mainly played by Old men!

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Sheesh Zegras making Berube look like a beer leaguer. One nothing Gulls chalk up another loss. Sheesh Turcotte and Andersson not playing.

It sucks that the Kings really liked him but passed. I’ve said it for awhile but he has the skill to be the best player in the draft. Ducks lucked out on him and Drysdale.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Zegras just did something I don't know if i've ever seen. He was on a break and was kind of hooked and flipped his stick and kind of pick axed the puck over the pad and in pretty casually.:eek:

The way he handles the puck reminds me a lot of Alexei Kovalev. He doesn't shoot it as well as Kovalev did but probably has better vision and for the Ducks sake hopefully a better compete level.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It sucks that the Kings really liked him but passed. I’ve said it for awhile but he has the skill to be the best player in the draft. Ducks lucked out on him and Drysdale.

True, but just like with Caufield (who I wanted) there comes an elevated risk of busting where as Turcotte (who I wanted after it became obvious they weren't taking Caufield) there was very little risk in busting even if the ceiling maybe wasn't as high as those other two. We have to remember at the time of the pick there was no Byfield in the system and Vilardi was just coming off a season that he played 4 games. I am always a dice roller but you kind of understand why Blake played it more cautiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad