Rancho Cucamonga, CA
New Reign lines this morning:

Kempe-Kupari-Rempal
Grundstrom-JAD-Frk
Eyssimont-Sutter-Luff
Sodergran-Bouma-Imama
Doty-Rymsha
Morrison jettisoned to the ECHL.

They play a day game in SJ tomorrow, their only game this weekend. They have 3 games in 4 night, 2 of them on the road next week.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
New Reign lines this morning:

Kempe-Kupari-Rempal
Grundstrom-JAD-Frk
Eyssimont-Sutter-Luff
Sodergran-Bouma-Imama
Doty-Rymsha
Morrison jettisoned to the ECHL.

They play a day game in SJ tomorrow, their only game this weekend. They have 3 games in 4 night, 2 of them on the road next week.

Question for you Reg, could Turcotte play for the Reign should they not make a deep run and not lose eligibilty? a tryout type thing?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Question for you Reg, could Turcotte play for the Reign should they not make a deep run and not lose eligibilty? a tryout type thing?

Reg can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, but no. The moment Turcotte signs a professional contract, he loses his NCAA eligibility. Even if it's an ATO (which I don't even know if the Kings can do that, since they own his rights).

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Reg can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, but no. The moment Turcotte signs a professional contract, he loses his NCAA eligibility. Even if it's an ATO (which I don't even know if the Kings can do that, since they own his rights).
didnt Aiden Dudas do it last season?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
FYI Bjornfot is here for the year now. So I imagine he'll be playing LOTS in the AHL for development.

9 game rule apparently doesn't apply to the AHL.

Reactions: Fishhead

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The answers provided about Turcotte are correct. If he wants to play in Wisconsin again next year he cannot play for the Reign. I'd imagine the Kings and Turcotte will go over his development at the end of the NCAA campaign this year and they will come to a mutual conclusion about where he will play in 2020-2021 (turn pro or not). If Turcotte turns pro, he can play in the AHL at 19 since he was not a CHL player, so if he wasn't ready for the NHL, it would be an option. Dudas (and other players before him like JAD who were playing in the CHL) have joined the Reign on an ATO for a few games after their regular season in their respective league was over. Of course, how many games depends a lot on if the CHL team is in the playoffs or not, and if the Reign season is extended by making the Calder Cup playoffs. But NCAA players cannot do this for the same reason they can only go to development camp in July (NHL coaching staff is not on the ice), but cannot go to rookie camp or NHL training camp in September.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Reign win in San Jose 5-2. I'll just say this now. Bjornfot is really, really good. Man what a player this kid is going to be. A goal and an assist in his AHL debut and named 1st star of the game. But it's so much more than that. He just slows the game down when the other team is pushing. Helps calm the whole team down in their own zone. Grundstrom with 2 goals, and Frk and Bouma with a goal and an assist. Petersen was very solid. Reign also hit 5 or 6 crossbars/posts, although more of the game was played in their own end than not, so some work to do.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL

·
9m
BREAKING NEWS Was going to save this nugget for the pod tonight, but if I've learned anything, it's don't wait! Gabe Vilardi update - He's back in LA. Will skate on his own for a few days, starting tmrw. They'll evaluate at end of week. Possible for Reign practice next week.
Woah! Vilardi news! The prodigal son returns.

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

John Hoven | The Mayor
@mayorNHL

·
9m
BREAKING NEWS Was going to save this nugget for the pod tonight, but if I've learned anything, it's don't wait! Gabe Vilardi update - He's back in LA. Will skate on his own for a few days, starting tmrw. They'll evaluate at end of week. Possible for Reign practice next week.

First the Kings are looking like a new bunch, the reign have loads of talent and now our most important prospect since Kopitar is finally set to return

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’ll take it.... I figured he’d be on the ice sometime mid season but this is fantastic news

Yeah I was just hoping he'd be skating this year and conditioning for next season...never dreamed he could see pro ice before December

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Yeah I was just hoping he'd be skating this year and conditioning for next season...never dreamed he could see pro ice before December
While this is good news, let’s see how he responds to training and getting bumped around. Don’t want to get too far in front of ourselves just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad