Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Some very poor defensive coverage by Kupari on both goals against (along with Stanton) on the 2nd goal. Petersen was once again tremendous, Reign need a lot of work cutting down on shots against. Still, a good win against a very good team that won the division last year and has 18 returning players. Condors were 8-1-1 against the Reign last season, so this is a step in the right direction. Most of this game was played in the Reign's end.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Brickley looks f***ing clueless in those clips.

Pretty sick of all these high-IQ puck handlers who can't find their own slot with a map.

Defense is totally underrated in the hockey world right now.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Some very poor defensive coverage by Kupari on both goals against (along with Stanton) on the 2nd goal. Petersen was once again tremendous, Reign need a lot of work cutting down on shots against. Still, a good win against a very good team that won the division last year and has 18 returning players. Condors were 8-1-1 against the Reign last season, so this is a step in the right direction. Most of this game was played in the Reign's end.

LOL both Condor goals pretty much no Defense. Especially the second one my goodness we can score on Peterson. But glad to see the kids doing well and some vets showing up early.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kupari, managed the puck well on that goal. Patient, and confident to hold onto it rather than fire it on net for the low percentage play. I can’t wait until he’s ready.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Brickley looks ****ing clueless in those clips.

Pretty sick of all these high-IQ puck handlers who can't find their own slot with a map.

Defense is totally underrated in the hockey world right now.
Yep. It's like football. The fullback is making a comeback after years of flashy offenses. By the time the Kings are a speedy flash team the league is going to be a heavy hitting defense first league again.

Reactions: yankeeking

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
A couple of people said Durzi was cross checked in the face and the refs missed it (happened in the 1st period). I did not see it occur, but I guess he went right to the dressing room.

Damn, hopefully it didnt led to a concussion...

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
The ontarioreign.com posted;

Cal-Petersen-WEB-8878066084.jpg

CAL PETERSEN NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Oct 7, 2019
SPRINGFIELD, MA – The American Hockey League announced today that Ontario Reign goaltender Cal Petersen has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending October 6, 2019.
Petersen turned aside 83 of the 85 shots he faced while earning a pair of victories over division rivals to open the 2019-20 season (2-0-0, 0.96, .976).
Petersen, who faced a league-high 38.8 shots per 60 minutes last season, began the year with a 41-save shutout of San Jose on Friday night, backstopping the Reign to a 5-0 victory over the Barracuda. Then on Saturday, Petersen carried a shutout bid into the third period and finished with 42 stops as Ontario earned a 3-2 overtime win at Bakersfield.
Petersen enters his third pro season after making his NHL debut with Los Angeles in 2018-19, posting a record of 5-4-1 with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage in 11 appearances with the Kings. The native of Waterloo, Iowa, is 38-33-5 with a 3.20 GAA, a .905 save percentage and five shutouts in 81 career AHL games with Ontario, and was an AHL All-Star as a rookie in 2018. Petersen was originally selected by Buffalo in the fifth round of the 2013 NHL Draft.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Petersen will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Reign home game.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

I was thinking the same exact thing. Reign have looked great this year, except for the defensive lapses. I don't think Brickley is going to see time in the NHL with the Kings. Not thrilled w/ Stanton. Kupari should come around, but hopefully he's not exhibiting Kovalchuk syndrome. When you see such big gaps in defensive coverage, it's no wonder you see those types of goals. Bakersfield is still a very good team.

I think the Reign are going to be extremely fun to watch this year. They are deep on offensive/defense and Cal is incredible. I really don't see any weaknesses on that team that can't be sorted out through the season.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
A couple of people said Durzi was cross checked in the face and the refs missed it (happened in the 1st period). I did not see it occur, but I guess he went right to the dressing room.

AHL TV time ca. 1.31.15 (1st period 03.53). In my mind hit was a little high but not a really ugly/bad.

Mikey Anderson has been surprisingly good, but it's only two games. Frk can really shoot and because of him second PP-unit has been more dangerous than first. Petersen has been excellent, a true differencemaker.

I really don't see any weaknesses on that team that can't be sorted out through the season.

Defence is pretty soft and I'm not sure that they can protect Petersen well enough.

Last edited:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
AHL TV time ca. 1.31.15 (1st period 03.53). In my mind hit was a little high but not a really ugly/bad.

Defence is pretty soft and I'm not sure that they can protect Petersen well enough.

I'm not so sure I would say soft. They definitely have the size not to be soft. Outside of Mikey Anderson at 5'11", everyone else is over 6'0" and over 200. With the exception of Durzi and Clague who are still younger. Those guys will put on muscle as they get a couple years in the AHL under their belt.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The ontarioreign.com posted;

Cal-Petersen-WEB-8878066084.jpg

CAL PETERSEN NAMED CCM/AHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Oct 7, 2019
SPRINGFIELD, MA – The American Hockey League announced today that Ontario Reign goaltender Cal Petersen has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending October 6, 2019.
Petersen turned aside 83 of the 85 shots he faced while earning a pair of victories over division rivals to open the 2019-20 season (2-0-0, 0.96, .976).
Petersen, who faced a league-high 38.8 shots per 60 minutes last season, began the year with a 41-save shutout of San Jose on Friday night, backstopping the Reign to a 5-0 victory over the Barracuda. Then on Saturday, Petersen carried a shutout bid into the third period and finished with 42 stops as Ontario earned a 3-2 overtime win at Bakersfield.
Petersen enters his third pro season after making his NHL debut with Los Angeles in 2018-19, posting a record of 5-4-1 with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .924 save percentage in 11 appearances with the Kings. The native of Waterloo, Iowa, is 38-33-5 with a 3.20 GAA, a .905 save percentage and five shutouts in 81 career AHL games with Ontario, and was an AHL All-Star as a rookie in 2018. Petersen was originally selected by Buffalo in the fifth round of the 2013 NHL Draft.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Petersen will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Reign home game.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not so sure I would say soft. They definitely have the size not to be soft. Outside of Mikey Anderson at 5'11", everyone else is over 6'0" and over 200. With the exception of Durzi and Clague who are still younger. Those guys will put on muscle as they get a couple years in the AHL under their belt.
Those numbers for Mikey Anderson have to be from his draft year because the kid looked absolutely huge during camp.. much bigger than Bjornfot whose 6', 195..

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I remember noting that too. He looked like an absolute monster. I thought he had to be 6’3” :laugh: He looked like Mitchell

Im pretty sure he grew a teenie bit during his college career.. That kid has been underrated for far too long.. We legit have 2, top 4 Dman prospects.. Mikey has that "IT" factor

Reactions: BallPointHammer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad