Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Optical illusion. He measured in at 5-11 in camp. I saw him the other day in his jersey at a season ticket event, not in gear. He's pretty average sized, just under 200 I think.

tenor.png

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I was thinking the same exact thing. Reign have looked great this year, except for the defensive lapses. I don't think Brickley is going to see time in the NHL with the Kings. Not thrilled w/ Stanton. Kupari should come around, but hopefully he's not exhibiting Kovalchuk syndrome. When you see such big gaps in defensive coverage, it's no wonder you see those types of goals. Bakersfield is still a very good team.

I think the Reign are going to be extremely fun to watch this year. They are deep on offensive/defense and Cal is incredible. I really don't see any weaknesses on that team that can't be sorted out through the season.
The general consensus with Kupari is that he’s very coachable. He’s never going to be a Selke nominee but we don’t want to knock the creativity and x-factor out of him anyway.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I was thinking the same exact thing. Reign have looked great this year, except for the defensive lapses. I don't think Brickley is going to see time in the NHL with the Kings. Not thrilled w/ Stanton. Kupari should come around, but hopefully he's not exhibiting Kovalchuk syndrome. When you see such big gaps in defensive coverage, it's no wonder you see those types of goals. Bakersfield is still a very good team.

I think the Reign are going to be extremely fun to watch this year. They are deep on offensive/defense and Cal is incredible. I really don't see any weaknesses on that team that can't be sorted out through the season.
If he can’t crack the Kings blue line he’s in trouble.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Brickley and Durzi out injured this weekend, so suddenly we are down from 9D to 7D. Reddekopp plays tonight, I hope Phillips can get into a game tomorrow. I do not have a lot of faith in Reddekopp defensively, gaps are the size of the Grand Canyon at times. He does bring size and physical play though.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Ontario doing a Kings impersonation. Brutal lost. Porky with a horrific turnover in OT. But up 3-1 with 3 minutes to play lose in OT. Yikes.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Brutal effort by the Reign last night, outworked and they looked tired. Petersen didn't get a lot of help, and Villalta got his first taste of pro hockey in the 3rd period and was shaky. Judging by the Stothers remarks after the game he likely blistered the team. There were some all out line brawls the last five minutes of the game, not included in these highlights. Best players for the Reign the first 4 games of the season have been Petersen and Mikey Anderson. Most disappointing so far would be Luff and LaDue. Luff was a healthy scratch yesterday and LaDue had a tough weekend. Kupari and Prokhorkin a work in progress. JAD was better the first weekend than this weekend. Eyssimont looks better this year, but I don't think he'll be an NHLer. Have not changed my stance on that. Rempal doing okay but does not look like the player that burst out of the gate last season. Veterans Kempe and Frk have been good adds, but I don't think they played that well this weekend. Defense as a whole is still suspect. Phillips got his first action in a limited role, Stothers went with an 11/7 to break him in. His skating was better than I thought, he did just fine. The official scoresheet said he -2, however, that is incorrect. A minus that was given to Phillips should have gone to LaDue (#5 vs #6). I sent a message, hockey ops will fix it with the league. Bottom line in my early read of this team is they will be improved, but it's hard to know if they will be a playoff contender. Looks at best early on a bubble team. However, if the Kings don't raid the refrigerator too often, the new guys will improve as the season wears on, so it's too early to be definitive, that is for sure. One thing that is apparent they lack is a player that is on the puck all the time and can distribute, something that Amadio and Dowd excelled at on the Reign over the past four years. They lack a pure passer, and that will cause spurts and struggles with the offense. If Vilardi starts skating and is sent here for a significant amount of time since he hasn't played much hockey in 18 months, that would certainly fill that bill.

member 88115

Brutal effort by the Reign last night, outworked and they looked tired. Petersen didn't get a lot of help, and Villalta got his first taste of pro hockey in the 3rd period and was shaky. Judging by the Stothers remarks after the game he likely blistered the team. There were some all out line brawls the last five minutes of the game, not included in these highlights. Best players for the Reign the first 4 games of the season have been Petersen and Mikey Anderson. Most disappointing so far would be Luff and LaDue. Luff was a healthy scratch yesterday and LaDue had a tough weekend. Kupari and Prokhorkin a work in progress. JAD was better the first weekend than this weekend. Eyssimont looks better this year, but I don't think he'll be an NHLer. Have not changed my stance on that. Rempal doing okay but does not look like the player that burst out of the gate last season. Veterans Kempe and Frk have been good adds, but I don't think they played that well this weekend. Defense as a whole is still suspect. Phillips got his first action in a limited role, Stothers went with an 11/7 to break him in. His skating was better than I thought, he did just fine. The official scoresheet said he -2, however, that is incorrect. A minus that was given to Phillips should have gone to LaDue (#5 vs #6). I sent a message, hockey ops will fix it with the league. Bottom line in my early read of this team is they will be improved, but it's hard to know if they will be a playoff contender. Looks at best early on a bubble team. However, if the Kings don't raid the refrigerator too often, the new guys will improve as the season wears on, so it's too early to be definitive, that is for sure. One thing that is apparent they lack is a player that is on the puck all the time and can distribute, something that Amadio and Dowd excelled at on the Reign over the past four years. They lack a pure passer, and that will cause spurts and struggles with the offense. If Vilardi starts skating and is sent here for a significant amount of time since he hasn't played much hockey in 18 months, that would certainly fill that bill.

Kinda weird for Stothers went with 7 dmen, leaving only 3 forwards lines to work with on the second half of back-to-back games. The only thing I like was JAD pushing back. Since the other team vets were giving the kids an extra shots behind the play, JAD had enough, like Kupari the game before. Ontario better figure out how to protect their young kids, since the other team vets are obviously not going to do the same at Imama, Sutter or Reddekopp. So I liked what happen at the end of the game, but a little too late.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Still the same issues, players getting behind him for odd man rushes. A WIP still. Overall he's been just okay, but he has to clean that up otherwise I don't trust him. Has to play smarter.

So possibly trade bait with Anderson and Bjornfot obviously passing him up and maybe even Durzi.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I wouldn't rush to that conclusion at all. He's only 21 in his 2nd pro year. Most D men don't make it until they are 23 if they are going to be in the show.

Thta's true but with both Tobias and Mikey being on the smaller side we cannot afford to a kid whose barely hitting 175lbs.. We need size, physicality and toughness to help clear the crease and afford our goalies more visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad