Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The Reign are 5-0-1 since Brickley returned to the team. He has been a stabilizing force, not getting big minutes yet, but has played well. He sat out one game after his return (pre-planned), a game they lost in OT.
I’d love to see him a get some run with the Kings..
12-15 games would be nice

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Nice win vs the Gulls. Vilardi, Grundstrom and Dolan-Anderson looked good. Mikey Anderson sucked.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Vilardi has 6 pts in his last 7 games with a +5 rating. I thought his skating with pace looked his best yet this past weekend. Seems to be gaining more confidence daily. Grundy-Vilardi-Frk +12 their last two games, but Grundy has been called up. Gabe went through a rough stretch (as did the entire team) from Christmas to mid-January, but the team has turned the corner again and is playing pretty well. It may depend on how many players get called up and the team health on whether or not they can sneak into the playoffs. It doesn't take much to decimate the team overall due to lack of depth. I suspect Dudas and Kaliyev will join the team when the OHL season is done.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Hey Regulate, figured I'd ask you since you've probably seen Ontario play often, how are Strand and Durzi looking this season?
Having 9 defensemen on the roster is not ideal. How would you rank them 1-9? Thanks for all the Reign updates, appreciate it very much.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hey Regulate, figured I'd ask you since you've probably seen Ontario play often, how are Strand and Durzi looking this season?
Having 9 defensemen on the roster is not ideal. How would you rank them 1-9? Thanks for all the Reign updates, appreciate it very much.

Both players have offensive skill (Strand with his heavy shot, Durzi with his vision and passing skill), both players have a lot of work to do defensively. Durzi (pro rookie) has a tendency to get burned on pinches and reads, and I think he needs to get a lot stronger down low. He's 21, but I don't see him being a serious threat to making the show until he's 23 or 24 if he makes it. Strand is a project. I like his size, but he has some balance issues sometimes with his skating, and his defense seems to be inconsistent. Both players, when the D corp is full, have a tendency to be scratched or alternated in the line up. Strand's odds are low of making the NHL, but I wouldn't say never. Just don't count on it short of his defense improving substantially (consistent).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What a pass Gabe omg.

Two of my favorite things about him in one play--1. how easy/casual he makes hockey look sometimes and 2. the guy can juggle a puck in the feet better than anyone I can remember, a truly necessary talent with the dreadful passing of this Kings team :laugh:

Reactions: Statto

Magnificent66

Sep 9, 2013
Two of my favorite things about him in one play--1. how easy/casual he makes hockey look sometimes and 2. the guy can juggle a puck in the feet better than anyone I can remember, a truly necessary talent with the dreadful passing of this Kings team :laugh:

This may be weird, but seeing him get rocked was great too.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad