Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
These guys are taking an absolute beating at times. I've never seen a team get blown out so often. Definitely some youthful inconsistencies, but still. I wouldn't be surprised to see the org pick up some more veteran leadership for next year, you can see the value of a guy like Moulson hanging around.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
These guys are taking an absolute beating at times. I've never seen a team get blown out so often. Definitely some youthful inconsistencies, but still. I wouldn't be surprised to see the org pick up some more veteran leadership for next year, you can see the value of a guy like Moulson hanging around.
As soon as Mario left for Russia I was shocked they didnt add another vet. I mean Stanton is kind of a cock block with the number of kids on d down there.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
As soon as Mario left for Russia I was shocked they didnt add another vet. I mean Stanton is kind of a cock block with the number of kids on d down there.

Stanton has been out for a while, I'm assuming he's hurt. The team seems to phone it in when they are getting blown out early, huge defensive lapses and inconsistent goaltending by Petersen is not helping. Good news is they usually respond with a solid game after a terrible stinker. And somehow Vilardi was even last night (silver lining).

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Stanton has been out for a while, I'm assuming he's hurt. The team seems to phone it in when they are getting blown out early, huge defensive lapses and inconsistent goaltending by Petersen is not helping. Good news is they usually respond with a solid game after a terrible stinker. And somehow Vilardi was even last night (silver lining).
I figured either he was hurt or wasnt playing because hes already taking ice time from the kids.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A -44 goal differential, but they're 16-16-3, and currently sit in a playoff spot. However, I believe they would play Tucson, and they're 0-5 against them, while being outscored 29-8. Including 2 games where they gave up 8 goals in each. Almost half of their goal differential is from those 5 games. Take those games out, they're 16-11-3, with a -23 differential, and two of those losses are 9-2 and 9-0 to SJ. That almost takes care of the rest of the differential. And the #1 goalie is an AHL all-star.

SJ, btw, is the worst team in the AHL.

The Reign also lead the AHL in PIMs.

What an odd little team they have this year.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
5 goals in the 5 games since he was sent down.

I think he will be back up after a couple of forwards are traded.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Can't wait to see a full year of Cal in the NHL next year. Dude is ready to pop.
He played really well this weekend. In fact, the Reign as a whole played three solid games in a row. A couple improvements I'd like to see from Cal. Consistency. Some of this has to do with the poor structure of AHL team defenses at times, but he's really prone to seriously bad games with questionable goals. He can be on like no tomorrow, but he often crashes and burns too the last two seasons. Hopefully with better structure in front of him he'll thrive. The other is covering the puck in front of his net. His rebound control is pretty good overall, but he often struggles pouncing on the puck in front of him to cover it up. Mad scrambles in front often burn him. The kid's a leader, I think he'll do just fine.

On another note, I don't think the Kings will trade Soupy at the deadline unless they are going to throw the Reign to the wolves, who will be battling for the last playoff spot in the Pacific the rest of the season. We'll have to see. I think a deal is more likely at the draft or in the off-season. Blake will have one hand tied behind his back because his fellow GM's know the Kings have little choice unless they carry three goaltenders on the active roster next year.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
On another note, I don't think the Kings will trade Soupy at the deadline unless they are going to throw the Reign to the wolves, who will be battling for the last playoff spot in the Pacific the rest of the season.

I think it's pretty much same thing, if the Kings trade Toffoli (and/or Martinez) and recall Martin Frk (and/or Clague/Bjornfot). Ontario doesn't have much depht and Frk is team's only natural goalscorer. He has been a lot better than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad