Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Well, a lot to like lately with the kids.

Points in 8 straight games. 7-0-1. Still in 4th place but creeping up on 3rd. In a playoff spot.

Tonight they destroyed Bakersfield 10-3 on the road

Frk 2 goals, 2 assists, +5
Vilardi 2 goals, 1 assist +4
Anderson 2 assists +5
Imama Gordie Howe hat trick
Fiore (new guy) played physical on the boards, good positioning, scored a goal.
Villalta 6-2-1 as a starter.

It takes a while for these young players to adapt. You're starting to see it. Still some work to do, but improvements. Bus ride home and a game tomorrow night at home against 1st place Tucson.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is Austin Strand injured ?

He is my guy after Bjornfot to make the Kings.

I've been a big Strand fan since we brought him aboard, but he's got a long way to go. I'm with you, I think he has "it" to be at least a bottom pairing Matt Greene type, but he's gotta start putting it together quickly. He just can't seem to build any momentum of consistent games in a row. Sometimes I see him and he looks like a Colton Parayko, sometimes I see him and he looks like...I can't think of the last right-handed pylon we had but you get the idea.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Vilardi’s numbers are starting to look decent and his pts/g now puts him amongst the AHL rookie leaders. It seems from the odd game I have watched that he’s starting to put it together. As a player he really excites me as we are still watching him work his way back to proper game fitness and there is so much untapped upside. Right now he is number 2 on the depth chart at center ice for the Kings and I can see him playing a big role next year. I’m quite happy to still see him play out most of the year in Ontario though, a cup of coffee in the NHL apart, as there really is no rush.

Reactions: LB

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Vilardi’s numbers are starting to look decent and his pts/g now puts him amongst the AHL rookie leaders. It seems from the odd game I have watched that he’s starting to put it together. As a player he really excites me as we are still watching him work his way back to proper game fitness and there is so much untapped upside. Right now he is number 2 on the depth chart at center ice for the Kings and I can see him playing a big role next year. I’m quite happy to still see him play out most of the year in Ontario though, a cup of coffee in the NHL apart, as there really is no rush.
He will make it, no worries.

I will delete my HF account if he doesnt.

I dont think he is amongst the AHL rookie leaders though (pts/g).

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
He will make it, no worries.

I will delete my HF account if he doesnt.

I dont think he is amongst the AHL rookie leaders though (pts/g).

12th in rookie points per game (really 10th if you take out Conrad and Farabee).

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 9.09.31 AM.png

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Is Austin Strand injured ?

He is my guy after Bjornfot to make the Kings.

I don't believe Strand is injured, he's just at the bottom of the depth chart. Maybe with a back to back games with travel and a game today, Bricks and Strand could be a pairing tonight. Too many D men with 8, and that's with Reddekopp being shipped to the ECHL with Phillips. Not sure what's going on with Brickley, he's played well since returning from injury, but his minutes have been limited and he's missed a couple games in a row. Maybe he's still not 100%. I really like Strand's heavy shot, but he's lacking in consistency defensively and has some hockey IQ issues with dangerous plays in the attacking end at the blue line (too many odd man rushes, has some skating balance issues at times).

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Where's the best place to sit for a Reign game? I want to catch one this season. Thinking about going on March 14th.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Yes too bad, good shot and speed but no d.

I feel like his defensive play will shape up with time. The mistakes he's making seem like they can be improved by learning from them and consistent coaching/teaching. If there's anywhere to get the mistakes out of his system, it's Ontario.

Those wheels and offensive instincts, however, are unteachable.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
I feel like his defensive play will shape up with time. The mistakes he's making seem like they can be improved by learning from them and consistent coaching/teaching. If there's anywhere to get the mistakes out of his system, it's Ontario.

Those wheels and offensive instincts, however, are unteachable.

Why come when Kale's unteachable its good but when I'm unteachable I half to do 4th grade for the 3rd time.

Reactions: tbrown33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad