Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I hope Frk is up after the deadline, he was fun to watch the few games with the Kings
His best value is as a veteran threat for the maturation of the prospects. Bringing him back up would be counterproductive and short-sighted.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
His best value is as a veteran threat for the maturation of the prospects. Bringing him back up would be counterproductive and short-sighted.

I'm not all that concerned with his role with regards to developing the prospects. I think he has an NHL level shot and that he could potentially be a nice piece for the future. I would like to see him get a shot and take it. Also, I like watching him play, there's not a whole lot to like with the Kings these days and he is a fun guy to watch.

Reactions: lumbergh

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I'm not all that concerned with his role with regards to developing the prospects. I think he has an NHL level shot and that he could potentially be a nice piece for the future. I would like to see him get a shot and take it. Also, I like watching him play, there's not a whole lot to like with the Kings these days and he is a fun guy to watch.

I know you aren't concerned with it. It's a line of thinking that is totally at odds with the healthy development and management of an organization.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007

I don't agree, veteran presence is less unique than Frk's shot, we can replace him in that role but we sorely lack goal scorers. If he can score 15-20 goals at the NHL level then he should be in the NHL, because at the very least that makes him a tradeable asset.

Reactions: crassbonanza

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I don't agree, veteran presence is less unique than Frk's shot, we can replace him in that role but we sorely lack goal scorers. If he can score 15-20 goals at the NHL level then he should be in the NHL, because at the very least that makes him a tradeable asset.

Again, this is completely short-sighted.

The main focus of this organization MUST be the development of prospects. Frk is providing a threat that removes pressure and aids the progress of the kids at the top end of the lineup.

What possible use would the Kings have for him? He won't make a damn bit of difference in the NHL and his game is far too one dimensional to be a regular NHL player in another organization. He has value here, and its helping Vilardi. That is what matters.

Its astonishing how many people on this board can't seem to see how success is manufactured. You want to limit the only thing that will ever help the team progress just so you can see maybe 10 more goals or get a 7th round pick?

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I know you aren't concerned with it. It's a line of thinking that is totally at odds with the healthy development and management of an organization.

Explain how Frk playing in Ontario is a key part of the healthy development and management of an organization?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Explain how Frk playing in Ontario is a key part of the healthy development and management of an organization?

He helps the Kings prospects in Ontario. He makes them a better team and, quite frankly, it is better for Ontario to win than for the Kings to win at the moment.

It is in Frk's best interests to be in LA but not the organization's.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
He helps the Kings prospects in Ontario. He makes them a better team and, quite frankly, it is better for Ontario to win than for the Kings to win at the moment.

It is in Frk's best interests to be in LA but not the organization's.

I guess so. I feel like a veteran presence is easy to find for developing prospects. I think graduating and rewarding players within the organization is more valuable than him helping Ontario win.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Again, this is completely short-sighted.

The main focus of this organization MUST be the development of prospects. Frk is providing a threat that removes pressure and aids the progress of the kids at the top end of the lineup.

What possible use would the Kings have for him? He won't make a damn bit of difference in the NHL and his game is far too one dimensional to be a regular NHL player in another organization. He has value here, and its helping Vilardi. That is what matters.

Its astonishing how many people on this board can't seem to see how success is manufactured. You want to limit the only thing that will ever help the team progress just so you can see maybe 10 more goals or get a 7th round pick?

Oh boy. Love the "short-sighted" comment. Love the "can't seem to see how success is manufactured" comment. Just a tremendous amount of projecting you did there after my two sentence post on Martin Frk. But my absolute favorite is the notion that Martin Frk being in the minors is "the only thing that will ever help the team progress." That's hyperbole if I've ever seen it.

What Frk's doing in the AHL is replaceable. We can go out and find another veteran to replace him from teams looking to shed SPCs. Its not a unique, hard to find quality. We let Moulson go and he has 15 goals this year.

But Martin Frk may still be able to score at the NHL level, and that makes him a tradeable asset, one that we can't showcase if he's not playing NHL games. He's 1 month younger than Prokhorkin. He's an RFA at the end of the year. Not only is it poor asset management to leave him in Ontario but there are ramifications to not promoting someone who very clearly deserves a promotion.

Reactions: crassbonanza

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Frk is helping in the AHL better than any other vet up front.

I wouldn't mind calling Frk up to the NHL to help "take the training wheels" off, but reserve the right to feel he can be moved back, if the Reign start struggling again.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Any prediction as to when Gabey V. will be called up?

We're not sure, the prevailing train of thought is that he'll stay down the entire year since its not a question of ability or performance but how well his back can hold up as he plays more and more games. If all goes well we'd expect him to fight for and probably win a job in training camp.

That being said, it wouldn't be a shock to see him pop up for a few games after the trade deadline depending on how many players we ship off/injuries and what not. There's value to giving him a taste before the end of the season in hopes of identifying some shortcomings for him to work on over summer.

Collectively we're all happy with his stint so far this year, the team has struggled mightily but all indications are that he's handling the minutes well.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think Frk should be up just to see if he's a late bloomer. Sometimes guys just click later in their career than others, like Purcell, etc. I don't expect him to be a world beater, but if he could turn into a 15g guy, it would be poor asset management to let him waste away in the AHL.

I get the importance of having vets in Ontario, but he could be a decent supporting player in 3-4 years when things start to turn around. In all fairness he's kind of played his way onto the roster and he didn't miss a beat when he came up.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings better not make the same mistake with Frk they made with some other players recently. I would keep him and either call him up or keep him down and let him challenge for a spot next year.

Wasn’t he injured during camp? Forget why he went down so quickly.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Brickley has been looking pretty good since his return.. any chance he gets a call up..especially since we desperately need some size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad