Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Is Frk really that bad in his own end or something? Not sure why he hasn't got an opportunity. He's got damn good offensive awareness, maybe not a great skater, but not terrible either. He's gotta be next in line for a look. Pretty sure he's got a mean streak in him, wouldn't mind seeing Wagner get a few games in Ontario to try and jump start him.

Think Brandon Pirri.

Fantastic shot, nhl quality offensive talent, not real strong at the rest of the game.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Frk and Vilardi seem to be developing some good chemistry so I’d rather keep them together. Frk has NHL level offensive IQ so having someone at that level has got to help Vilardi’s development and ‘recovery’. Frk is more of a a vet, not a kid, so has no long future with the Kings so he’s more valuable to us with Vilardi.

I agree about Wagner though.

Frk and Vilardi play together on the PP, but not 5V5 much. They do read off each other well on the PP. Frk almost won the game in OT last night, stealing the puck but couldn't beat the Gillies on the breakaway.

Reactions: Statto

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Thanks Re: Frk. I've only seen a couple full Reign games this year and see him mostly on clips. I figured there had to be a reason he didn't get a look lately, usually they bring up the journeymen guys here and there. Sounds like he's already WYSIWYG, without much ceiling left.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I can’t find any Ontario Reign lines anywhere . Can someone post the latest lineup ?

The only thing consistent about the line up lately is that it isn't consistent, between all of the player movement and the Stothers blender, it's hard to find 2 or 3 games in a row with the same lines. Even the D pairings change depending on who is playing.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
The only thing consistent about the line up lately is that it isn't consistent, between all of the player movement and the Stothers blender, it's hard to find 2 or 3 games in a row with the same lines. Even the D pairings change depending on who is playing.

thanks. I guess a better question would be what position does Kupari and Vilardi play ? Center or wing

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Gonna have a lot of days like this with this team. Very young and learning still. Sheesh.
Plus they are missing Clague on a call up and have Björnfot and Kupari at the WJC. Luff (or Grundström) & Prokhorkin are now up with the Kings on a more permanent basis and they’ve also got Brickly out with a long term injury. So whilst results are not great atm there is an awful lot of successful development going on. So beneath the surface it’s not so bad.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
More a numbers game than anything. I don't see this as any kind of "I told you so" when he was just following the natural progression, no one was rushing him.

Yup. Numbers game.

And with him going to Guelph, look for different teams to trade for him to make a push for an OHL/Memorial Cup title.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
Leaf fan here. How have Grundstrom, Durzi, and Bjornfot been playing? Grundstrom seemed to do all right in the NHL, any reason why he's back down here?

henkkj

Jun 29, 2017
Reign has allowed most goals against in the AHL, how has Petersen looked recently?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Leaf fan here. How have Grundstrom, Durzi, and Bjornfot been playing? Grundstrom seemed to do all right in the NHL, any reason why he's back down here?

Grundstrom is injured right now so can't really evaluate him at the moment. But he's kind of a tweener right now. Hasn't produced enough in the NHL, but when he's healthy he's done well in the AHL. Bjornfot has surprised everyone this year with how well he's been. I think with Grundstrom the Kings can afford to be patient with him so they don't want to force him into a spot when he isn't ready.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The key to JAD's scoring has been playing consistently with the same linemates that last few weeks, Eyssimont (most improved forward prospect from last season to this year) and the newcomer Byron, who has been very good. They have been the best line the last couple of weeks.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Has Vilardi's back been holding up? He came into the Reign scoring about a point per game for 9-ish games, but he seems to have tapered off a bit. Any health problems? Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad