Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
The most important thing, Vilardi has now played in an equal amount of games to the previous year.

15-16: 62 games
16-17: 49 games
17-18: 32 games
18-19: 4 games
19-20: 4 games

He should be well rested to start his NHL career next year.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
How has Kupari looked?

Good skater, tries to force plays too often, needs to get shots off quicker, learning to play defense. Tough league for 19 year olds. He's slowly progressing. Right now I would say he needs at least 2 years in the AHL including this season, but let's check back later in the season as he adapts to the game over here and see where he's at.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Good skater, tries to force plays too often, needs to get shots off quicker, learning to play defense. Tough league for 19 year olds. He's slowly progressing. Right now I would say he needs at least 2 years in the AHL including this season, but let's check back later in the season as he adapts to the game over here and see where he's at.

Hey Reg, can you post an update on players who might suit up for Ontario next season?
I think we'll see Fagemo, Hults and Dudas but who else might be coming over? Kupari/Fagemo could be nice in Ontario. Also, will Ingham sign and woul dhe head to the O?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Hey Reg, can you post an update on players who might suit up for Ontario next season?
I think we'll see Fagemo, Hults and Dudas but who else might be coming over? Kupari/Fagemo could be nice in Ontario. Also, will Ingham sign and woul dhe head to the O?

There's a pretty good list of possible new additions.

Turcotte (needs to be signed, NCAA Freshman)* If he leaves college and doesn't make the Kings, certainly a possibility.
Thomas
Fagemo
Dudas (needs to be signed by June)

Moverare
Hults (needs to be signed, NCAA junior)* Word is he is going to sign after his junior season at Penn State.
Phillips (moved up from the ECHL)

Hrenak (needs to be signed, an NCAA junior)
Ingham (needs to be signed by June)

I think Shafigullin is under contract in the KHL though 20/21. Unfortunately Kaliyev is ineligible to play in Ontario next season, it would be the perfect stepping stone.

I think several of these players out of this group won't be qualified. Not all of them, but several will be released. Kings need to open up some contracts and release players that will not be NHLers.

Rempal
Eyssimont
Strand
Reddekopp
Imama
Kehler

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Turcotte (needs to be signed, NCAA Freshman)* If he leaves college and doesn't make the Kings, certainly a possibility.
Thomas
Fagemo

Moverare
Hults (needs to be signed, NCAA junior)* Word is he is going to sign after his junior season at Penn State.

I think Shafigullin is under contract in the KHL though 20/21. Unfortunately Kaliyev is ineligible to play in Ontario next season, it would be the perfect stepping stone.

I think several of these players out of this group won't be qualified. Not all of them, but several will be released. Kings need to open up some contracts and release players that will not be NHLers.

Rempal
Eyssimont
Strand
Reddekopp
Imama
Kehler

I'd keep Strand and possibly Kehler

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Unfortunately Kaliyev is ineligible to play in Ontario next season, it would be the perfect stepping stone.
That’s too bad about Kaliyev. If he spends another year in OHL. I wonder if he scores 70 goals next year. He really needs to get to ONT.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That’s too bad about Kaliyev. If he spends another year in OHL. I wonder if he scores 70 goals next year. He really needs to get to ONT.

In just 2.5 seasons in Hamilton, he's pretty close to breaking club records.

If he continues this pace and plays another year in the OHL, he could challenge for some league records.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland

Thomas
Fagemo

Moverare

Rempal
Eyssimont
Strand
Reddekopp
Imama
Kehler

Reddekopp is gone for sure. He is their only physical dman, but he doesn't have enough hockeysense to play in the AHL. And he is a lefty, just like Moverare, Hultts and Philipps.

Imama is a pure agitator, who is a pretty bad hockeyplayer. If they let him go, they must sign another enforcer-type of player. Doty?

Fagemo, Thomas, Dudas, (Turcotte), are all skill players, who doesn't have much size, so Rempal must go. Eyssimont is so-and-so. He has some skill and edge and is versatile player, so I don't mind if they resign him. But I don't mind either, if they don't resign.

And really hope that they resign guys like Frk, Bouma and Strand, who won't ever play in the NHL, but is at least a decent right shooting AHLer. And they should resign LaDue. This year's team is not a playoff team without LaDue.

I think Kupari has a somekind identityproblem. What kind player he will be? Center or winger? Scorer (top 6 player) or two-way forward (7th player like Kempe) or defensive forward (like Lewis)? Anyway, he must to learn play a lot faster and more straightforward game. And definitely he must to learn drive to the net, when he has the puck, not only when doesn't have the puck.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Interesting (and by interesting I mean aggravating) reading people on twitter complaining about the Reign getting their butts kicked by teams of men (Quad-A teams if this were baseball).

Ugh......

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Interesting (and by interesting I mean aggravating) reading people on twitter complaining about the Reign getting their butts kicked by teams of men (Quad-A teams if this were baseball).

Ugh......
Agree, but they better show progress in Feb/Mar.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Is Frk really that bad in his own end or something? Not sure why he hasn't got an opportunity. He's got damn good offensive awareness, maybe not a great skater, but not terrible either. He's gotta be next in line for a look. Pretty sure he's got a mean streak in him, wouldn't mind seeing Wagner get a few games in Ontario to try and jump start him.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Is Frk really that bad in his own end or something? Not sure why he hasn't got an opportunity. He's got damn good offensive awareness, maybe not a great skater, but not terrible either. He's gotta be next in line for a look. Pretty sure he's got a mean streak in him, wouldn't mind seeing Wagner get a few games in Ontario to try and jump start him.
Frk and Vilardi seem to be developing some good chemistry so I’d rather keep them together. Frk has NHL level offensive IQ so having someone at that level has got to help Vilardi’s development and ‘recovery’. Frk is more of a a vet, not a kid, so has no long future with the Kings so he’s more valuable to us with Vilardi.

I agree about Wagner though.

Reactions: Ghetty Green
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad