Ontario Reign 19-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Just a disastrous game for the Anderson and Clague pairing. On the ice for all four goals against, -6 combined. Mikey A has been playing poorly the last two weeks, and Clague is being Clague. So disappointing.

I was wondering if all of the poor puck handling was because of the players or the shitty ice. So many Reign players kept mishandling the puck, particularly those two. Kupari looked a bit rough out there as well.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I was wondering if all of the poor puck handling was because of the players or the ****ty ice. So many Reign players kept mishandling the puck, particularly those two. Kupari looked a bit rough out there as well.

Hard to say, but Clague was improving a bit when he went back onto the left side. Now he's on the right again and it's not helping. Need to break up the Clague/Anderson duo. Mikey has fallen down or mishandled the puck several times the last few weeks causing outnumbered attacks. He doesn't look confident, needs to get his mojo back and play with some spunk. Get Durzi back into the line up, one of the lefties needs to sit.

Reactions: Vino

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Game is 7 or so minutes in and it's already 3-1 sheesh. This team is on a tailspin of spins losers of their last 5 going on 6 it seems.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Reign only ended up losing 8-5, so that's... good? They won 4-3 if you don't count the first period! What the hell happened, I thought the Reign were looking good earlier in the year?

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Definitely growing pains. Remember a lot of these guys haven't played this sort of schedule before. It's a marathon.
While I’d agree with you if it was Feb or Mar, but we’re just at Thanksgiving. I’d chalk it up more to a bunch of kids learning to play against men. Looking forward to a stronger second half - as long as the longer schedule doesn’t wear them out.;)

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
While I’d agree with you if it was Feb or Mar, but we’re just at Thanksgiving. I’d chalk it up more to a bunch of kids learning to play against men. Looking forward to a stronger second half - as long as the longer schedule doesn’t wear them out.;)

Oh for sure, but I'm not just speaking of the raw number of games, but there are no back to backs in the SEL if I'm not mistaken, always a day between games if not more. College hockey always has fri-sat back to backs but that's it for your week. The adrenaline of the first month has worn off and we're in the grind. Don't get me wrong that affects everyone and I'm not trying to make any excuses for anyone, just that for a team whose key offensive players are mostly first year pros, I'm not surprised to see a lil dropoff from those guys. Especially playing against grown angry men.

Reactions: Sleeping Dog

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I’m not usually one to watch the Reign but I decided to take advantage of the bogo Black Friday promotion yesterday. I was really impressed with Peterson. He was solid and carried them against the Gulls. It was nice to see with the shakiness that’s has been Quick this season.

To anyone else that was there, I’m not really sure what was going on whenever the Gulls were penalized. It felt like the announcers and fans were screaming “Get in the Sand!” can someone elaborate?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I’m not usually one to watch the Reign but I decided to take advantage of the bogo Black Friday promotion yesterday. I was really impressed with Peterson. He was solid and carried them against the Gulls. It was nice to see with the shakiness that’s has been Quick this season.

To anyone else that was there, I’m not really sure what was going on whenever the Gulls were penalized. It felt like the announcers and fans were screaming “Get in the Sand!” can someone elaborate?

It's PA announcer Dave Joseph, who also does the Kings games at Staples. He's saying "Get in the shed". It's an advertising promotion for Tuff Shed, when an opposing team is penalized. Petersen did play extremely well, and really should be the first star last night. Several grade A stops. He is prone to really bad games sometimes (like all goalies I guess). He gave up 5 goals in the 1st period the prior game and was pulled, but those certainly weren't all on him.

Reactions: Srsly

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If anyone has an opinion regarding Mike Stother's coaching this year,
there's a recent thread on LGK where you are welcome to post
your observations and opinions:

Is Stother's coaching cutting it in Ontario?

I think Stothers earns some rope for learning a new system as well. Plus it depends on what the end goal is--to develop players? Or to win in the AHL? I know those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but I can't really see any justification for canning him yet either. Plus, players leaving the Reign rarely find more success elsewhere.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
It's PA announcer Dave Joseph, who also does the Kings games at Staples. He's saying "Get in the shed". It's an advertising promotion for Tuff Shed, when an opposing team is penalized. Petersen did play extremely well, and really should be the first star last night. Several grade A stops. He is prone to really bad games sometimes (like all goalies I guess). He gave up 5 goals in the 1st period the prior game and was pulled, but those certainly weren't all on him.
Thanks for the clarification. My wife and I couldn’t quite make out the last word and were super confused. It’s disappointing Petersen is prone to some bad games, I was really impressed with what I saw last night. Hopefully he finds some consistency and become an NHL starter. I was surprised he wasn’t first star as well. The Reign looked pretty rough outside of his play and appeared to make a lot of mistakes even when they had the Gulls under pressure. They did look a lot stronger in the third though.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Thanks for the clarification. My wife and I couldn’t quite make out the last word and were super confused. It’s disappointing Petersen is prone to some bad games, I was really impressed with what I saw last night. Hopefully he finds some consistency and become an NHL starter. I was surprised he wasn’t first star as well. The Reign looked pretty rough outside of his play and appeared to make a lot of mistakes even when they had the Gulls under pressure. They did look a lot stronger in the third though.

The plan is for Petersen to get a shot next year, his contract switches to one way and he loses exemption. If he impresses I expect him to be protected in the expansion draft.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Two questions:

1) where does the Reign practice?

2) where is the central spot that all those players live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad