Post-Game Talk: Only Morgan Reilly has a high read on the Give a ___ Reader. (Leafs Lose 5-4).

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Good game from Morgan Rielly overall. Offensive defencemen have to put up points.

About as atypical of a game from Kessel's line. They are an absolute disgrace to the uniform.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Kessel's play is destroying his trade value and there is no one to blame but Phil.
I don't think his recent play would have any effect on his trade value. I mean before Boston had traded Tyler Seguin all of the sudden there was reports of him partying and posting questionable things on Twitter, although claiming his account was hacked. He still got traded for a good return but not great based upon his age and upside. So based on what Kessel has done in the past with his consistent goal scoring, he will get the Leafs a great return when and if he is traded.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Every year Kessel gets fatter and fatter and his quit time gets shorter and shorter as the yrs go by.

you stop that right now.
it's not his fault that Bozak is his centre and he has no support. we shoul

oh whatever i'm tired
i hope he gets traded soon.

alexanderselivanov*

Phil Kessel has given up. He's not floating like he used to

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Kessel went -4 in 13 minutes of ice time. Even Lebda didn't do that.

I don't know if The Hockey News cover about him being coach killer was true, but he sure plays like a team killer.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Let's tank forever, apparently it's more fun!

Let's become the Oilers of the east!

I LOVE it when fans like you bring up Edmonton, but refuse to bring up Tampa, New York, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Florida, Winnipeg etc. You can only say Edmonton because they're the only **** show left in the NHL. Congrats you are defending the second worst team in the past 6 years.

:clap:

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Phil needs to be on a team like Nashville, where he's a secondary weapon. If we're going to rebuild he's not needed here. Maybe we can get something for him at the trade deadline if someone is gunning for the Cup and needs a piece.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Phil needs to be on a team like Nashville, where he's a secondary weapon. If we're going to rebuild he's not needed here. Maybe we can get something for him at the trade deadline if someone is gunning for the Cup and needs a piece.

Not a chance, .... zero
Not one team can pick up his contract until 2020.

Rmac82

Jan 17, 2012
C'mon, Kessel is having a phenomenal season. It is always great when your big guns - your Crosbys, your Toews, your Stamkos etc etc etc show up and do NOTHING. Game in and game out, Kessel is a liability. The guy doesn't care, he doesn't want to be in Toronto and he is damaging the entire franchise.

Keep Rielly, Franson, Santorelli, Winnik, Bernier and Reimer (the latter two would be top notch if they had a team in front of them that actually played for them and...I don't know....CARED).

Get rid of the rest.

Start over.

End rant.

:headache:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Apparently you don't really need to trade Phil Kessel before the Entry Draft if what you want to do is tank. The more he plays the more likely the Leafs will lose. If you want to tank, Kessel is your main guy!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Apparently you don't really need to trade Phil Kessel before the Entry Draft if what you want to do is tank. The more he plays the more likely the Leafs will lose. If you want to tank, Kessel is your main guy!
Wonder how much longer until he just quits completely and says he's hurt.

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
Love Horachek's post game comment about giving a ****. That was great.

Thought Rielly (besides a few miss haps), Santo, Winnik and Kadri had solid games. Fourth line was pretty good, third line was quiet but wasn't a defensive liability and the first line was just "priceless." I really don't know what they are doing out there anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad