Post-Game Talk: Only Morgan Reilly has a high read on the Give a ___ Reader. (Leafs Lose 5-4).

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Everybody is complaining about Kessel and how bad he's been during this stretch. Obviously tonight was one of his worse games as a Leaf, but I'm going to come out and say that the hate is getting ridiculous.

For any other team, people say ____'s been in a slump or he's having a bad year, but for Kessel he gets **** on every opportunity no matter what it is he's doing. People have complained about him not showing emotion and also for not controlling his emotions. He's been called fat, a loser, that he doesn't care about this team, out of shape, one dimensional, entitled, etc., but year after year he's our best player.

I'm fine with people criticizing his play, but he's the most talented player we have and I hope he stays with our team for the future as I have faith in him. I'd rather trade Bozak and even JVR personally. However, I am open to trading him if the return makes sense (same for every player), but I'm not going to shove out a player that could hold franchise scoring records for the Leafs by the end of his career. Kessel needs to be better, but I have more faith in him staying an elite player than I do JVR if Kessel is traded.

Also that damn line ends to be split up. Theres multiple times I've seen Bozak the deepest player and terrible defensively this past game... add JVR and Kessel's below average defensive play and it's obvious that line shouldn't be together.

I'm happy to let PK play through this year, tell him we want him to stay, but we want him to be more of a leader on ice and set an example for the young player as we need him to be on the top of his game if we're going to compete in the future. It seems to be like Kessel cares a lot about winning and is just trying to score as this is what he knows how to do (and therefore contribute to winning more games), I think he'll do what the coach wants if Kessel thinks it's best for the team too.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Horachek has a new term.. 'give a **** meter" He said the team had 0 on the "give a **** meter" LOL Horachek don't be so mad, you're the tank commander

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Everybody is complaining about Kessel and how bad he's been during this stretch. Obviously tonight was one of his worse games as a Leaf, but I'm going to come out and say that the hate is getting ridiculous.

For any other team, people say ____'s been in a slump or he's having a bad year, but for Kessel he gets **** on every opportunity no matter what it is he's doing. People have complained about him not showing emotion and also for not controlling his emotions. He's been called fat, a loser, that he doesn't care about this team, out of shape, one dimensional, entitled, etc., but year after year he's our best player.

I'm fine with people criticizing his play, but he's the most talented player we have and I hope he stays with our team for the future as I have faith in him. I'd rather trade Bozak and even JVR personally. However, I am open to trading him if the return makes sense (same for every player), but I'm not going to shove out a player that could hold franchise scoring records for the Leafs by the end of his career. Kessel needs to be better, but I have more faith in him staying an elite player than I do JVR if Kessel is traded.

Also that damn line ends to be split up. Theres multiple times I've seen Bozak the deepest player and terrible defensively this past game... add JVR and Kessel's below average defensive play and it's obvious that line shouldn't be together.

I'm happy to let PK play through this year, tell him we want him to stay, but we want him to be more of a leader on ice and set an example for the young player as we need him to be on the top of his game if we're going to compete in the future. It seems to be like Kessel cares a lot about winning and is just trying to score as this is what he knows how to do (and therefore contribute to winning more games), I think he'll do what the coach wants if Kessel thinks it's best for the team too.

Go read some GDT's when a team is losing.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
C'mon, Kessel is having a phenomenal season. It is always great when your big guns - your Crosbys, your Toews, your Stamkos etc etc etc show up and do NOTHING. Game in and game out, Kessel is a liability. The guy doesn't care, he doesn't want to be in Toronto and he is damaging the entire franchise.

Keep Rielly, Franson, Santorelli, Winnik, Bernier and Reimer (the latter two would be top notch if they had a team in front of them that actually played for them and...I don't know....CARED).

Get rid of the rest.

Start over.

End rant.

:headache:

Did you see the second NYR goal? Franson has one of those a game AT LEAST.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

do you not think the coaching staff has already told Kessel they want the bolded from him?

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Honestly, I don't think a defibrillator gets this guy's "give a **** meter" going. This has been the way he plays on too many occasions and you can't pay a guy that much money for a "ho hum" attitude or effort.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Shouldn't Kessel do what his coach asks him to do no matter what he thinks?

Probably, but Kessel's a smart player that doesn't always agree with coaches decisions. Convince him because he's the best player that we've had since Sundin (by far). I know if the Spott/Kessel zone entry disagreement was true, i'd definitely side with Kessel. That supposed plan would of given Kessel multiple concussions by now as he would've got destroyed crossing the zone.

I'm not saying Kessel is perfect (obviously), but he is our best player and deserves the contract he has.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly, I don't think a defibrillator gets this guy's "give a **** meter" going. This has been the way he plays on too many occasions and you can't pay a guy that much money for a "ho hum" attitude or effort.

Bryan Hayes basically said it (and he is a huge Kessel fan)
you can argue many things that it can be "Bozak" or whatever, but there is a big part of Kessel right now that is on him. regardless of his wingers - doesn't mean Kessel can just literally coast out there.

but whatever apparently because Kessel is elite talented and scores goals we're just supposed to be okay with him being here.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
I can honestly say I did not hear Lupul's name mentioned once all night, never saw his number, nothing. Was completely unaware he played, thought he was injured haha

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
you can argue many things that it can be "Bozak" or whatever, but there is a big part of Kessel right now that is on him. regardless of his wingers - doesn't mean Kessel can just literally coast out there.

but whatever apparently because Kessel is elite talented and scores goals we're just supposed to be okay with him being here.

I'm not okay with Kessel's play the last 15ish games, but I'm saying that he's better than people here are saying and if he's traded we'll likely regret it. He's an elite player that hardly ever gets credit and I'm not giving him a pass, but there are countless games during his stay here where he single handily won us games. It's an off year for him, but he's still a fantastic player and while he needs to be better in some areas, but I've noticed him come back further to support our zone exits (not this game as most of the team was playing rush hockey). Our whole team is **** right now, but I'm just trying to say that he gets a lot of undeserved hate.

It's funny, in the remaining games people will be complaining about Kessel winning us games and saying "he only shows up in games that matter". The guy seriously can not win.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

It gets back to whether or not you want slowly peel the bandage off, endure more pain in the long run or just rip it off and move on. I think it time to rip this guy right off this team he's a cancer and players like him ruin teams. Let him be someone else's problem so the leafs can get to healing and start the rebuilding process.>;)

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I'm not okay with Kessel's play the last 15ish games, but I'm saying that he's better than people here are saying and if he's traded we'll likely regret it. He's an elite player that hardly ever gets credit and I'm not giving him a pass, but there are countless games during his stay here where he single handily won us games. It's an off year for him, but he's still a fantastic player and while he needs to be better in some areas, but I've noticed him come back further to support our zone exits (not this game as most of the team was playing rush hockey). Our whole team is **** right now, but I'm just trying to say that he gets a lot of undeserved hate.

It's funny, in the remaining games people will be complaining about Kessel winning us games and saying "he only shows up in games that matter". The guy seriously can not win.
I'm actually a Kessel fan but it's getting harder to defend this guy. He looks like he doesn't give a ****. I would not be surprised if he demands a trade..

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

and that is fair.

i am standing on the side of - I don't think the Leafs regret it. Off year or not, the way I see it is: we are not in any position to compete right now. And I don't get thepoint of holding onto an asset that is valuable [right now in terms of getting something back] - to just to have a scoring player. if we're rebuilding he makes no sense to have. by thetime the team should be ready (and not read a false positive) Kessel will be 30-31+ years old. is that the best use of our assets?

cut your loss, move on, I say.
I always look towards Columbus. I really have to wonder how much they're "missing him." or Carter (who could have been summed up of having abad year). they're not done, but their bright side quite frankly is a lot better than ours right now. and they traded away two elite players.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
At this point there's really no point in getting upset about Kessel's attitude. There's no way this guy will be on the opening roster next year. Blame Bozak if you want, he'll be gone too. Makes no difference to me.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
At this point there's really no point in getting upset about Kessel's attitude. There's no way this guy will be on the opening roster next year. Blame Bozak if you want, he'll be gone too. Makes no difference to me.

I'd say its more likely that he is than he isn't. Whether for better or worse, it's likely he's on this team come training camp IMO.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I'm starting to think Shanahan has given Horachek carte blanche to deal with some of these guys to test their comfort levels by forcing them to play a system they don't like and see how they react. Might be a ploy to get some of those NTC's waived by this new version of the Muskoka 5..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad