Post-Game Talk: Only Morgan Reilly has a high read on the Give a ___ Reader. (Leafs Lose 5-4).

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Rielly and Panik had solid games. Hopefully they keep it up into next year... god knows we'll need it badly.

That top line was absolutely brutal though. The worst I've ever seen them play. It's beyond pathetic at this point. Just throw a grenade on that line and just never put it back together... I just can't take it anymore.

Franson had his worst game in a long time as well.

It's shame it took until the 3rd to get Panik some decent minutes. Solid game from him considering.

Rielly: Fantastic again
Winnik: He's not a 2nd line LW, But tries hard and got a goal
Kadri: I'd like more, But he created chances and had a decent game

1st line: Woeful
Lupul: Did he play?
Franson: Pizza delivery
Gardiner: Just put him at forward already

Credit to Rangers they played well in the first half of the game and it was the difference in the end.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Rielly is really playing well right now and that is great to see as he is the youngest and a big part of the future for the Leafs.

Winnik and Santo and Reimer also all solid games a well.

Leafs top line completely useless.

Cam Talbot looked really shakey in net and if Leafs had more time they likely would have tied it.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
The Leafs never learn. You cant play three defensively weak players together.

The Bozak line so gutless.

After Morgan Rielly and the Kadri line claw back to tie it up.

I hope we can keep Santo and Winnik they deserve to be on the team instead of the pukes on the 1st line.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
He's playing great! But how do you figure he's taking on a leadership role?

I imagine he means by his play on the ice, and I can certainly agree. Problem is, there is no amount of leadership for some of these guys, and I hope it's readily apparent to Shanny by now.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
How much return on investment did MLSE get from Kessel/Clarkson/Phaneuf tonight?

Are they $20 Million combined?

I miss capgeek... but those 3 represent all that is broken with this franchise.

$20.25M, beauty.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Highlights after the game that popped out to me "Marc Staal beats Gardiner to the outside". This guy gets beat regularly to the outside, can't play defense.

What other highlights popped out to you?

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The Bozak line so gutless.

After Morgan Rielly and the Kadri line claw back to tie it up.

I hope we can keep Santo and Winnik they deserve to be on the team instead of the pukes on the 1st line.

If Winnik and Santorelli are traded, it could become the Kadri Line.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Get Clarkson back in. That was way too close.

Rielly is gonna be a number 1 dman. The confidence he has right now is beyond sky high. It's in the ****ing stratosphere.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Someone sounds just a tad bitter...

I get that you're against the tank - as you've mentioned - but if you are cheering for the team to come 9th you're not going to find many people agreeing in these parts.

It takes more than just getting high draft picks to make a great team!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Can't count Buffalo because this really is year 2 of the build.
Let's see with the Leafs. Rebuilding for 10 years. Check. Missing the playoffs every 82 game season for 10 years. Check. Going nowhere soon. Check. Core is older than the Oilers. Check.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Then don't. Not like the outcome will change because you cheer for the Leafs to win.
:rolly: Great recipe for schizophrenia. I mean why cheer at all? Not like it is going to effect anything anyway? How do you think tanking actually works? It only works if the other team scores more goal, for chistsakes. Ergo, at 4-4, the Rangers better get that goal.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
At the end of a winning streak, teams often play poorly and win games due to luck, high confidence, and momentum.

At the end of a losing streak, same thing. We are past the time where we are truly stinking the barn out, but due to bad luck, low confidence, and no momentum, we're still losing games.

This team is finding ways to lose and that isn't going to last. Eventually a lead or tie late in the 3rd period is going to result in loser points or a win. Whether that is a good thing or not, at this stage of the season, is another topic entirely.

IUU0Z.gif
I think team confidence is so low that they don't have a 5-1 streak in them. Maybe 3-3 if they're really lucky.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Get Clarkson back in. That was way too close.

Rielly is gonna be a number 1 dman. The confidence he has right now is beyond sky high. It's in the ****ing stratosphere.

Rielly needs to be traded. We need someone bigger and better. He's not good enough! He wasn't drafted high enough!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Rielly is really playing well right now and that is great to see as he is the youngest and a big part of the future for the Leafs.

Winnik and Santo and Reimer also all solid games a well.

Leafs top line completely useless.

Cam Talbot looked really shakey in net and if Leafs had more time they likely would have tied it.

Time to trade Kessel to get Rielly some help and draft our center in 2015.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Horachek has guts, that's one thing I'll say for him. Poor guy is suffering some of the worst luck, but I like him. I'm sure he'll be replaced in the summer, but I like the way he's upped to ice time for certain players and reduced it for others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad