Post-Game Talk: Only Morgan Reilly has a high read on the Give a ___ Reader. (Leafs Lose 5-4).

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
Perfect game, we get our players some points while taking the loss. First line leading the way in the tank. Bozak -3, JVR -3, Kessel -4. Vote to keep them together :laugh:

Playing this line has gotten 2 coaches fired.

Might as well get a 3rd one fired as well. :laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
That was a very Randy Carlyle game.
The good news is 8 games left before Winnik/Santorelli are out of here. They are outplaying a 55 million dollar core for 2 million. Nice!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Hopefully Rielly doesn't step back when Phaneuf comes back. He's really taking on a leadership role.

YOYOTCROSTER*

Outside of Polak I do not see a defenceman on this team. Rielly showing his offensive talents more no doubt but that 5th winning goal he was outmuscled for puck by Nash in his own end. Nash made the play with his size over Rielly and bingo bango Leafs lose. Watching Kessel watch on and not cover his man who was the shooter was pathetic too. Overall however a lot more fun to watch the Leafs when they open up. Yes they do cheat a little like tonight but hockey is much more entertaining.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
how the heck did kessel manage a -4 in less than 13 minutes of ice time?

really hope we can trade him for someone who plays hockey

Less than 13 minutes. One would think that should be pretty embarrassing for him.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Highlights after the game that popped out to me "Marc Staal beats Gardiner to the outside". This guy gets beat regularly to the outside, can't play defense.

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
If a young kid gets recalled from the AHL and puts up a performance like Kessel did tonight, he gets sent to the ECHL and never gets another look.

I'm worried that the market is going to be bearish on Kessel ... Organization needs to get something worthwhile...

Feb 24, 2004
Let's tank forever, apparently it's more fun!

Let's become the Oilers of the east!

Someone sounds just a tad bitter...

I get that you're against the tank - as you've mentioned - but if you are cheering for the team to come 9th you're not going to find many people agreeing in these parts.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I only caught the last 15 minutes and Kadri looked really good.

Did he play like that the whole game?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Trade him to a team whose fan base would appreciate him! :rant:

I think aside from those who just want everyone traded, and those who couldn't project to save their lives, this is a fanbase that appreciates him. He's easily been my favorite Leaf since last season, 2 jerseys already(home and away), plus one for my son. He is the future for our team. You don't trade players like him, you give them room to grow, the patience to allow for learning the game at this level, while building around them. I don't care about those who can't see what he can be. They're the same people who cry for a rebuild, when all they really want is a trade center video game.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Rielly was a beauty.. Kid is trying to carry this team and he was all over the ice

Just hope he can tighten up defensively .. Need more of a Keith than a Karlsson

Keith's defensive game is pretty bad... He has to be one of the few defensemen that don't play top competition as he plays against weaker competition than Hjalmarson's pairing most nights. Obviously i'd be very happy if Reilly became a Keith caliber defenseman, but I'm hoping he can be better defensively than Keith.

I personally think Keith is overrated on HFBoards tho so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
At the end of a winning streak, teams often play poorly and win games due to luck, high confidence, and momentum.

At the end of a losing streak, same thing. We are past the time where we are truly stinking the barn out, but due to bad luck, low confidence, and no momentum, we're still losing games.

This team is finding ways to lose and that isn't going to last. Eventually a lead or tie late in the 3rd period is going to result in loser points or a win. Whether that is a good thing or not, at this stage of the season, is another topic entirely.

IUU0Z.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad