Johnson489143
Prospal468127
Bradley328111
Killorn537110
Palat447100
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rexonu

Jun 12, 2018
With the season nearing the 3/4 mark, I'm curious about the current thoughts on Palat and where he stands with the organization in consideration with his future.

He has had quite a season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
With the season nearing the 3/4 mark, I'm curious about the current thoughts on Palat and where he stands with the organization in consideration with his future.

He has had quite a season.

Definitely not untouchable but not one of the first players I'd look to move either. Performance wise he lives up to his contract, not overpaid nor underpaid, I can see him playing out his entire contract here since his NTC is only lifted in his final year. Wouldn't look to re-sign him though, a multi year contract with a guy like Palat in his 30's is asking for trouble.

Reactions: Hoek and Rexonu

Rexonu

Jun 12, 2018
Definitely not untouchable but not one of the first players I'd look to move either. Performance wise he lives up to his contract, not overpaid nor underpaid, I can see him playing out his entire contract here since his NTC is only lifted in his final year. Wouldn't look to re-sign him though, a multi year contract with a guy like Palat in his 30's is asking for trouble.

I agree.

I'd really like to see the Palat-Point-Kucherov setup once more as I think that was an excellent line. However, with stamkos and kucherov clicking right now, I don't think we will for the time being.

Curious as to whether Palat can eclipse the 60 point mark this year. I think he will, but the doubt lingers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree.

I'd really like to see the Palat-Point-Kucherov setup once more as I think that was an excellent line. However, with stamkos and kucherov clicking right now, I don't think we will for the time being.

Curious as to whether Palat can eclipse the 60 point mark this year. I think he will, but the doubt lingers.

I like keeping Palat and Johnson together, at least for the time being. They bring out the best in each other. I would love to have them as a 3rd line, because it would mean the other two lines were deadly. And I think those two are perfect depth players. Other teams can't compete with that kind of depth.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Palat was awful last year, he is one of the most effective 5v5 player in the league nonetheless. His assist/60 ratio is amongst the elite club throughout his career, this aspect of his game is underrated even within the Bolts family. As much as I love Ondrej, I'm willing to trade him in the offseason for the sake of our future, but TJ and Killorn should be moved first though.

Reactions: Rexonu and Zwui21

Rexonu

Jun 12, 2018
Palat was awful last year, he is one of the most effective 5v5 player in the league nonetheless. His assist/60 ratio is amongst the elite club throughout his career, this aspect of his game is underrated even within the Bolts family. As much as I love Ondrej, I'm willing to trade him in the offseason for the sake of our future, but TJ and Killorn should be moved first though.

agreed.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Palat has surpassed last season's production (34 points) in 12 less games.
Last season he had a total of 8 goals, this season he already has 14.

Palat is riding a 4 games point streak and has a total of 9 points (2G 7A) in his last 7 games.
He is on pace for 55 points.

What a great turnaround he's had. And, as we all know, points is not the only thing he brings on the ice.
Having him as a 55 points, 200feet player makes his contract look good.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
What would Palat cost if he were to agree to waive his NTC to go to Colorado this offseason?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
What would Palat cost if he were to agree to waive his NTC to go to Colorado this offseason?

I’m going to keep it simple and say a 2nd or a solid but not top-caliber defensive prospect. Palat is a fantastic two-way player when healthy and this past season he managed to remain so, but he’s had injury issues throughout his career and only has two years left on a contract that is fair but not a bargain. Throw in the fact that he doesn’t have to waive his NTC and therefore has full control over where he can be traded and I don’t see us doing better than that (if not for his full NTC and injury concerns he’d easily bring back a 1st+.)

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I’m going to keep it simple and say a 2nd or a solid but not top-caliber defensive prospect. Palat is a fantastic two-way player when healthy and this past season he managed to remain so, but he’s had injury issues throughout his career and only has two years left on a contract that is fair but not a bargain. Throw in the fact that he doesn’t have to waive his NTC and therefore has full control over where he can be traded and I don’t see us doing better than that (if not for his full NTC and injury concerns he’d easily bring back a 1st+.)
Thanks for your thoughtful response, much appreciated.

I was looking into him as a potential trade target for Colorado. They are a contender and Colorado has low income tax too, and need a top 6 forward. I figured something around a 2nd + Jost/prospect would work, but I suppose just a 2nd would probably get it done given how much he controls his destination.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks for your thoughtful response, much appreciated.

I was looking into him as a potential trade target for Colorado. They are a contender and Colorado has low income tax too, and need a top 6 forward. I figured something around a 2nd + Jost/prospect would work, but I suppose just a 2nd would probably get it done given how much he controls his destination.

Like I said in the other thread, a lot would depend on how many other destinations Palat was open to and if Johnson and/or Gourde was willing to waive as well. If Palat to Colorado is our only option then we’ll take what we can get; if there are more options for us then the price would go up.

And of course that’s all assuming that we need to move one of our full-NTC forwards. Which I would expect to be the case - I just don’t see Killorn’s cap space alone getting it done when it comes to re-signing our RFAs - but if they’re all willing to take less than they could get elsewhere to stay in Tampa and keep as much of the team together as possible then we would likely keep Palat unless we got an offer that really wowed us.

So it can definitely vary depending on the circumstances, but if our backs are to the wall I see a 2nd being about right.

Reactions: Richard88

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd do a 2nd + Jost. We have enough top 6 skill to where we don't need Jost for his offensive and enough bottom 6 defense to shelter him. He can become a Namestnikov type for us, good depth player just as long as he's cheap.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Coyote fan here.

How avaliable is Palat, and what would the price be? I think that Tampa has to sell low on a player like Palat or Killorn. Because of the number of contracts needed to protect for the expansion draft, I think Tampa is in a weird position to where they may want to clear out a player with a clause early.

I am looking at the roster, and I see the need to extend Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev (those bridge deals will cost a good chunk). Two other D are then needed to have a complement of 7, if not coming from within, that makes it tough.

Would something like Oesterle and RFA rights to Hinostroza for Palat be a starting point? Oesterle is FA at end of 2021, is 28, and only makes $1.4 M. Hinostroza is an RFA, and could get a one year show me deal for about $1.6 M that would open up about $2 M in space right there with no long term commitment.

Would that type of deal be amenable, and how much or little would need to be added? The idea is more about adding something to help Tampa with the types of players that are not long term commits, but could be long term if not taken in expansion draft and the fit is good.

Thoughts?

Apologies if trade value asks on players are not meant to be posted in here....

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Coyote fan here.

How avaliable is Palat, and what would the price be? I think that Tampa has to sell low on a player like Palat or Killorn. Because of the number of contracts needed to protect for the expansion draft, I think Tampa is in a weird position to where they may want to clear out a player with a clause early.

I am looking at the roster, and I see the need to extend Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev (those bridge deals will cost a good chunk). Two other D are then needed to have a complement of 7, if not coming from within, that makes it tough.

Would something like Oesterle and RFA rights to Hinostroza for Palat be a starting point? Oesterle is FA at end of 2021, is 28, and only makes $1.4 M. Hinostroza is an RFA, and could get a one year show me deal for about $1.6 M that would open up about $2 M in space right there with no long term commitment.

Would that type of deal be amenable, and how much or little would need to be added? The idea is more about adding something to help Tampa with the types of players that are not long term commits, but could be long term if not taken in expansion draft and the fit is good.

Thoughts?

Apologies if trade value asks on players are not meant to be posted in here....

Palat is available for the right price but he would need to be convinced to waive his NTC. Any of Palat, Killorn, Johnson or Gourde are available for the right price. We are also willing to move them for cap reasons and not because of the expansion draft. We are more than fine losing any of those in that draft as apposed to one of our defenders.

As for the trade offer it doesn't make sense for Tampa so it wouldn't work. Hinostroza is arbitration eligible and with putting up nearly 40 points last season he could be awarded 3M and then Oesterle making 1.4M would put the two of them at 4M+ so the cap savings in minimal. What we would be looking for is a futures package, which might he tough with what you moved recently for Hall. I would ask for Crouse + or Janik +, the + being a pick or picks.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Palat is available for the right price but he would need to be convinced to waive his NTC. Any of Palat, Killorn, Johnson or Gourde are available for the right price. We are also willing to move them for cap reasons and not because of the expansion draft. We are more than fine losing any of those in that draft as apposed to one of our defenders.

As for the trade offer it doesn't make sense for Tampa so it wouldn't work. Hinostroza is arbitration eligible and with putting up nearly 40 points last season he could be awarded 3M and then Oesterle making 1.4M would put the two of them at 4M+ so the cap savings in minimal. What we would be looking for is a futures package, which might he tough with what you moved recently for Hall. I would ask for Crouse + or Janik +, the + being a pick or picks.

Fair points, I would suggest that Hinostroza maybe top out at $2.5-2.8 M, maybe Laughton or Vatrano is a decent comparable? Yeah, that would bring it down to only $1 M in savings. They just seem like the types of players that are the right value, unless there are several prospect D that are ready to join the NHL roster. Fischer isn't arbitration eligible, but he is probably the least valuable of the three between Crouse, Hinostroza, and Fischer. That wouldn't work either.

Hmmm, I don't necessarily want to give up Crouse, but that could make some sense, likely not for a pick as well. I still think Oesterle would fit the bill as the type of cheap D-man to fill out the 5/6/7 role, as he is a lefty who can also play the right side. I don't know - just seems like Johnson and Gourde's deals seem a little too risky, but if those players have a lower ask on return as a result, there could be something there.

Jenik is likely not involved.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Since Fabbri just signed a bridge deal for $2.95 M AAV, do you think Hinostroza still gets $3 M? Hinostroza is two years older and does not have the stat lines that Fabbri does. I truly think that Hinostroza may have to sign a 1 or 2 year deal worth only about $2.0-2.3 M AAV. Even that may be more than a team may be willing to give.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Since Fabbri just signed a bridge deal for $2.95 M AAV, do you think Hinostroza still gets $3 M? Hinostroza is two years older and does not have the stat lines that Fabbri does. I truly think that Hinostroza may have to sign a 1 or 2 year deal worth only about $2.0-2.3 M AAV. Even that may be more than a team may be willing to give.

The last 3 seasons Fabbri put up 67 points in 144 games for 0.47ppg, Hinostroza put up 86 points in 190 games for 0.45ppg. Being 2 years older I think helps Hinostroza because next season is his last year as an RFA and then he's a UFA meanwhile Rabbri will still have 1 last RFA season when his deal is done. So Detroit didn't buy any UFA years while Arizona or any team offering more than 1 year is being UFA years which cost more. So i think Hinostroza will get a very similar AAV to Fabbri.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Palat has returned to Dr. Drej form, even though we are all guilty of forgetting about him.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I was really dissapointed in him in 1st round,and first ganes 2nd round,until he began to score. Dude looked lost,he was fast he tried to play well but it was totally uneffected. And i thought that he will useless like in each game. Glad for him,glad that he began to score,forward in top 6 must score goals and play effective,so im glad,that i was wrong in my thoughts,he did really great job in last games,hopefully his stick will be hot for long time :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad