Player Discussion: Ondrej Palat

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I was really dissapointed in him in 1st round,and first ganes 2nd round,until he began to score. Dude looked lost,he was fast he tried to play well but it was totally uneffected. And i thought that he will useless like in each game. Glad for him,glad that he began to score,forward in top 6 must score goals and play effective,so im glad,that i was wrong in my thoughts,he did really great job in last games,hopefully his stick will be hot for long time :)

I think he was great in the first round. It's not a coincidence that our hottest lines, going back many years now, have Ondrej Palat on them.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I think he was great in the first round. It's not a coincidence that our hottest lines, going back many years now, have Ondrej Palat on them.
Honestly dont remember that. Only feeling i had watching him was sadness,maybe i was waiting from him too much,but as i said im glad that i was wronf

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Honestly dont remember that. Only feeling i had watching him was sadness,maybe i was waiting from him too much,but as i said im glad that i was wronf

He was creating space for the other two, which is a thing we've sorely lacked in previous playoffs where he wasn't at 100%. Having him play a gritty game with skilled linemates has been the key, IMO, to scoring 5v5 in this playoffs, wheras we've seen it dry up in previous years.

Reactions: Peacefool

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Palat is able to "creep to the mic like a phantom" more against the skill teams that overlook him because he's not as flashy, but still puts in the critical work against the more tight checking teams. Versatile player to say the least.

Reactions: Peacefool

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Remember last year when you would cringe whenever the puck was on his stick?

I'm pretty sure im on the record saying he would turn it around.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well he was a mess last year. Glad he was able to get healthy and turn it around.

It's probably the biggest difference to our playoff performance this year compared to previous years. Adding grit is nice, but the only way it REALLY helps you score is if it's in the top-6. A healthy Palat has given us that... kind of like 2015.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loki Dekker

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He's been a perfect fit on the Point-Kucherov line. It’s a different look than 91-21-86 previously used this season or 9-21-86 the year before, but it works in the playoffs and that line is on fire.

soundwaves

Mar 22, 2019

IMO this has more to do with Kucherov, Johnson and Palat have been mediocre in points department every since Cooper broke up the triplets.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
IMO this has more to do with Kucherov, Johnson and Palat have been mediocre in points department every since Cooper broke up the triplets.

Did you say Kucherov has been mediocre in points department, over the last few years? Huh. Guess he should give some trophies back.

Reactions: Hoek

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
New World Order Line > TKO Line

A Czech, Russian and Canadian

Cool! We can name it the CCR line instead and when any of them score, they can blast "Bad Moon Risin'"

Make it so.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad