Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Can we teach him to keep his head up when he plays hockey?
The time for that was 3 concussions ago.

At this point it just takes a light breeze to put him out. Wood's hit was high but it wasn't like some kind of David Booth launch to the skull. It was a collision that rode up his face a little.

Reactions: Gordoff

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
The time for that was 3 concussions ago.

At this point it just takes a light breeze to put him out. Wood's hit was high but it wasn't like some kind of David Booth launch to the skull. It was a collision that rode up his face a little.
Yeah. When concussions happen that easily it's time to walk away, imo.

Reactions: NSBruinFan

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Hope he's ok. Head injuries are no joke and he has taken far too many of them in way too little time.

I don't want to give up on him - maybe he can be depth scoring, he hasn't really gotten a full chance, but I'm wondering if he ever will be healthy enough to do so. Back to the drawing board for RW2.

Reactions: Don Cherry

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Hope he's ok. Head injuries are no joke and he has taken far too many of them in way too little time.

I don't want to give up on him - maybe he can be depth scoring, he hasn't really gotten a full chance, but I'm wondering if he ever will be healthy enough to do so. Back to the drawing board for RW2.
Seems like another Backes situation. You got to feel for the poor guy.

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

One would hope that our RW2 is solved with Craig Smith once Pastrnak returns. I would run:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Ritchie -- Krejci -- Smith
DeBrusk -- Coyle -- Bjork
Frederic -- Kuraly -- Wagner

I've demoted DeBrusk because I'm absolutely tired of watching him stink the joint up. Maybe that threesome can have some success.

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
He's not a player I'm expecting anything from anymore. Another bad trade by Sweeney.

Because Kase filled a need on paper while dumping an anchor of a contract in the process? Can’t predict whether or not a guy will get a concussion months later. We don’t know if that’s what he has or not, either. Could be a broken nose or precaution. Don’t agree with this take.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I was/am highly skeptical of Kase’s place in the lineup, and even moreso of his spot on the second line. Hated that every proposed lineup had him penciled there as I felt there had to be a better strategy than crossing your fingers again for Krejci’s wing. I also understood that the chances of him playing anywhere near a full season were basically nil, so to count on that working was foolish even if you felt he was a fit skill wise.

I hope he’s alright. I hope more than anything that I’m wrong about him. This sucks.

Who here didn’t see it coming?

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Because Kase filled a need on paper while dumping an anchor of a contract in the process? Can’t predict whether or not a guy will get a concussion months later. We don’t know if that’s what he has or not, either. Could be a broken nose or precaution. Don’t agree with this take.

Right. They traded a B prospect and a late 1st round pick for $4.5M in cap relief. They also got a guy who is at least a good third liner though an injury risk. Thats a reasonable trade with some upside in my eyes.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
11 playoff games.
8 regular season games.

5 points.

My real question is how many games do you give a player to show their worth.

45-50 games
1 season
2 seasons
More?

What is the projected number, really curious about this one.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

They did know he had an injury history though. I think that, the fact he was brought in to be a top 6 winger and has failed due to a few things and giving up a first in the deal makes it hard to swallow.

Babajingo

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah. When concussions happen that easily it's time to walk away, imo.
When you read about what Savard went thru you do t wish that on anybody.

Hope this guy can figure it out but changing your skating style doesn’t happen overnight and certainly isn’t something you adjust during the season

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad