Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The effort is there. Skating is above average. Sacrifices the body.

But thus far has looked more like Joakim Nordstrom than a talented 2nd line player.

Not only doesnt shoot the puck much but doesnt seem to want to.

2nd line production is mandatory this season. At this rate of dry production, I would play Craig Smith on the RW on the 2nd line

Drop Kase to the third line with Ritchie and Coyle. Kase and Ritchie have some chemistry going back to Anaheim days.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Can this kid buy a friggin goal? He's starting to feel like Danton Heinen out there- does the right things, gets into good position, plays the o-zone well and can't get it past the goalie.

Reactions: Blowfish

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Can this kid buy a friggin goal? He's starting to feel like Danton Heinen out there- does the right things, gets into good position, plays the o-zone well and can't get it past the goalie.

He feels like a right handed Bjork to me. Lots of energy, competes hard, carries the puck really well and makes some nice plays and nice moves... but seems to have trouble finishing.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He feels like a right handed Bjork to me. Lots of energy, competes hard, carries the puck really well and makes some nice plays and nice moves... but seems to have trouble finishing.

Good comparison too- a smart player with skills, but some sort of weird block when it comes to finishing. Maybe it will come for both of them this year- Bruins certainly need it to happen.

Reactions: PlayMakers

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Still skates with his head staring at his laces way too much.
beat me to it. Love the effort from him but no finish and that`s a problem, the B`s didn`t acquire him to simply be a guy who hustles. It`ll take some time for all the boys to get up to speed but they need him (and Smith when he plays) to produce, especially in the absence of Pasta

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Yup. Like a Heinen/Bjork/Nordstrom kind of hybrid

The 2nd line cycled around several times and it lead to nowhere. I don't even remember that line even having one quality scoring chance

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
His s% is WAY down from his career averages. It'll even out, he's in the right place a lot and some of that stuff is going to start going in.

This is where I am with it. He had 150 NHL games before having shoulder surgery in 2019. That version of Kase shot 11.4% and had an 82-game pace of 20 goals. It's not like he's a guy who's never been able to score.

Since shoulder surgery surgery, his shooting % has dropped to 4.8% in 56 regular season games. It's possible he'll never regain the shooting strength he had before, but it's hard to believe that it's just completely gone. His confidence has to be shot. It's a shame he couldn't score in the shootout last night on his patented backhand move. I think if he can just get one, his confidence will improve, and he'll be closer to the pre-surgery version of himself.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Last 82 Games:

10 Goals

His Last 82 Games before:

28 Goals

So in his last 164 games 2 full season sample size he has : 38 goals

performing as a high end top 6 player the 1st 82...performing as a replacement level talent the last 82

this guy is ICE ICE COLD

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
This is where I am with it. He had 150 NHL games before having shoulder surgery in 2019. That version of Kase shot 11.4% and had an 82-game pace of 20 goals. It's not like he's a guy who's never been able to score.

Since shoulder surgery surgery, his shooting % has dropped to 4.8% in 56 regular season games. It's possible he'll never regain the shooting strength he had before, but it's hard to believe that it's just completely gone. His confidence has to be shot. It's a shame he couldn't score in the shootout last night on his patented backhand move. I think if he can just get one, his confidence will improve, and he'll be closer to the pre-surgery version of himself.

It could be shoulder surgery - but there are 1000's of examples of prolonged shooting % cold streaks in NHL history. It's likely it will even out.

Reactions: CDJ

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

One or two goals and it will make life much easier for Kase. He's trying. Maybe too hard. Squeezing the stick! No Not that way!

Very Nice move on ??? Devil goalie last night. And yet ??? Devil goalie stopped him (almost appeared lucky).

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
One or two goals and it will make life much easier for Kase. He's trying. Maybe too hard. Squeezing the stick! No Not that way!

Very Nice move on ??? Devil goalie last night. And yet ??? Devil goalie stopped him (almost appeared lucky).
Shoot from everywere, shoot shoot and re shoot, he is gonna get a good bounce and score

Reactions: Blowfish

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Someone made a good comparison to Bjork. He does everything Bjork does but maybe even a little bit better. Quick to pucks, forced turnovers, wins battles, back checks hard. Neither of them can put the puck in the net. I like them both in the bottom 6 long term. a line of
Bjork-Kuraly-Kase would forcheck frantically, drive teams nuts but never score a single goal...

Reactions: Kalus

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly thought he looked great against Carolina in the playoffs

I don’t understand the need to sewer people after one 3-2 victory but that’s just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->