Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
They had to move Backes because of the bad contract DS gave him
As dumb as this sounds but I don’t care. I wish we just buried Backes in Providence and kept the draft pick. He only had one year anyway. Plus Sweeney did basically nothing this year FA/ Trade wise. I’m sorry this one is on poor management. I call it like I see it. Backes only had one year maybe buy him out and save somewhat a little.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I really feel terrible for the guy. If it is another concussion, which it certainly looked like to me, he's got to take a long hard look at whether his hockey career is worth the potential long term health effects. I'd hang them up without a doubt if I was in his situation - it's just not worth it, as sad as that may be. Hopefully it's not that severe but even that he got injured off of some relatively innocuous contact is not a good sign.

As far as the trade, I think it was a calculated risk on Sweeney's part. I basically view it as two parts: he gave up the 1st to get Backes's money off the books and Andersson in exchange for Kase. I think it was a reasonable risk. Andersson is an okay prospect but not much of a standout. I liked the trade at the time and still like Kase as a player.

I don't think a lot of people realize that he was looking like he had top line potential just a few years ago. He was on pace for 30 goals before he was concussed two years ago. Obviously he's been derailed since then but it wasn't crazy to think he could return to form - look at Bergeron for just one example. I just hope he's alright now and can continue to play.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Reactions: The don godfather

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Too often he has his head down and sets himself up for collisons. Not much of a hit but it didn't look good. Hope for the best but maybe being sidelined for awhile is a good thing. Might make Sweeney make some moves.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

Hard to tell, but that doesn't look like a concussion to me. Guys don't usually put their hand/glove up to their mouth/nose/face if they've just received a brain injury. Maybe more likely it's teeth/nose/jaw?

Did he look wobbly or unsteady going off the ice?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Hard to tell, but it looks like the shaft of the Jersey stick caught him across the face.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Hard to tell, but that doesn't look like a concussion to me. Guys don't usually put their hand/glove up to their mouth/nose/face if they've just received a brain injury. Maybe more likely it's teeth/nose/jaw?

Did he look wobbly or unsteady going off the ice?
Not very. But two people did help him up from the bench and to the locker room.

Reactions: HumBucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad