Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the simplest description of Kase's game is that he makes life difficult on the defense. Always looking to shoot or take the puck to the net. He's a scoring chance machine, and even if he's not finishing, his shots create rebound opportunities.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Liked him today, plays with a lot of energy and he helps Krejci with the possession, doesn't seems like a natural goal scorer, but he's supporting the play way more constently than Debrusk. It will help Krejci do his magic. I'm just not sure he can stay healthy for the long run, every time he's hit it looks like a potential injury ...

Reactions: sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Well said.

JDB is slowly coming around I think as well. That line was impressive overall this afternoon.

And like you said the points will come.

Yeah, but that's my problem with Jake. He had amazing chances today, and dinged the post twice.

I like him, but he's streaky, and I don't trust streaky players. They are inconsistant, and you cannot depend on an inconsistant player.

Give me, perhaps, a less talented guy who is nonetheless consistant any day.

Reactions: JCRO

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah, but that's my problem with Jake. He had amazing chances today, and dinged the post twice.

I like him, but he's streaky, and I don't trust streaky players. They are inconsistant, and you cannot depend on an inconsistant player.

Give me, perhaps, a less talented guy who is nonetheless consistant any day.

I don't know if JDB is streaky or that he and Krejci's styles simply don't mesh. They looked good today though, and they generated chances. Obviously it would have been better had he buried one of those sterling chances he had, but I'm willing to chalk it up as bad luck since they were still generating them and they will convert at some point. If they weren't generating chances, I'd be far more concerned.

Reactions: GordonHowe

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't know if JDB is streaky or that he and Krejci's styles simply don't mesh. They looked good today though, and they generated chances. Obviously it would have been better had he buried one of those sterling chances he had, but I'm willing to chalk it up as bad luck since they were still generating them and they will convert at some point. If they weren't generating chances, I'd be far more concerned.

all flash no finish. Finishing is what we need from the wingers in these big games. Should have never gone to OT

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
all flash no finish. Finishing is what we need from the wingers in these big games. Should have never gone to OT

Again, law of averages to me means that the goals will come as long as they're getting quality scoring chances. They looked very sharp today. They generated quite a few chances and they easily could have had 3 goals from that line. It'll come.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I think I'm seeing why this guy has had so many injuries. He does not shy away from contact. He took a lot of hits today in order to make plays. If he stays healthy, he is going to be a valuable asset to this team.

Reactions: Blowfish and BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Amazing how one game changes the mood and perspective of an entire thread.

Think I will hold off on serving the crow for a bit, it was only one game.

But holy misteltoes did he and Krejci look good together today.

I said it before, I say it again. It is up to Boston's coaching staff to teach this kid to keep his head up and on a swivel or else we are going to lose him to some banger licking his lips on a charge.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think the simplest description of Kase's game is that he makes life difficult on the defense. Always looking to shoot or take the puck to the net. He's a scoring chance machine, and even if he's not finishing, his shots create rebound opportunities.
Great point

Reactions: Blowfish

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
4th line was great today .
we played a solid game. canes only had maybe a couple quality chances all game long. one was a gift from pasta.

inalso thought mrazek played way over his head today.

we should sweep this series.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If that’s the player we get he’s worth the 1st if you take Backes and his contract out of the deal

He does like to bend along the boards, there was one instance today along the end boards where I was expecting him to be injured but he shook it off and kept in the play. Leaves himself kinda vulnerable. Hopefully the injury stuff is behind him

Reactions: Blowfish and LSCII

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Kase seemed to help bridge the two of them somehow.

I thought he was really good today. Sneaky good defensively.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Yes. But, DeBrusk is an infamously streaky player, and I don't believe the outcome would be different on any other line.

I like Jake, but again, I can't trust a consistently inconsistent player.

If you can't trust a player, what do you have? A wing and a prayer.

Not making it for me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If that’s the player we get he’s worth the 1st if you take Backes and his contract out of the deal

He does like to bend along the boards, there was one instance today along the end boards where I was expecting him to be injured but he shook it off and kept in the play. Leaves himself kinda vulnerable. Hopefully the injury stuff is behind him
He seems pretty solid, block like

it’s not like he’s Bjork you worry he will get broken in two

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Kase seemed to help bridge the two of them somehow.

I thought he was really good today. Sneaky good defensively.

Yeah, it felt like Kase was drawing some attention away from DeBrusk, moreso than a Karson Khulman type would anyway.

Reactions: sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Ondrej Kase was the best Bruins forward today.

I just hope he doesn't get trucked.

I know little of Kase outside of what I've read, here and elsewhere, but the injury history remains prominent.

Very different players, but with Andy & Adam, you knew, because of the way they played, they woud get injured.

From what I've read, Kase can place himself in vulnerable positions, and get crushed in the process.

That's something to address, but again, if he played well today with David K, a fine sign.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
yeah I just worry about his noggin more than anything
I’m assuming with 4 months off he’s healthier mentally and physically

he also is Pasta buddy from home so he must feel he belongs in the room

they are roommates and probably talk a lot about the game, their games - that’s big that their minds are engaged in the game more than if they were on their own

Pastrnak seems like a student of the game and has a 6th sense and he likes to talk. I can imagine over dinner tonight they are discussing situations today and what played out right or wrong

if Kase is healthy 75 games he’s a lock with his skills and the talent around him for 25 goals

Pastrnak- Kase is a exceptionally skilled RW duo - I’ve always been intrigued by Kase with the Ducks

it was a great roll of the dice because at where Boston picks you probably 9 times out of 10 don’t get a guy this talented

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Amazing how one game changes the mood and perspective of an entire thread.

Think I will hold off on serving the crow for a bit, it was only one game.

But holy misteltoes did he and Krejci look good together today.

I said it before, I say it again. It is up to Boston's coaching staff to teach this kid to keep his head up and on a swivel or else we are going to lose him to some banger licking his lips on a charge.

I wonder about this. Kase is still young but he's not exactly a rookie. This is his 4th season in the NHL and he's spent most of that with the Ducks playing a lot of games against western teams, a fair share of which have pretty heavy rosters. You would think if he considered his hunched over style to be a liability he or his coaches would have changed it by now. It certainly looks dangerous, and his concussion history would suggest cause for concern, but he seems to stick with it. Maybe he feels it gives him the best balance and ability to play the puck, so he's willing to accept the higher risks. Hard to say.

Will be interesting to see if the Bruins' coaching staff make more of an effort to change his style or just accept that it's what works best for him. In the short-term, really hope he stays healthy. Could be our MoJo of 2020, or even better.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad