Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You have to attack
You have to attack responsibly

your base should be three zone responsibilities BUT your mindset should be to attack when you get the opportunity

this guy is an attacker like Pastrnak

no curse but he seems SEEMS less prone to Pastaisms like we saw yesterday

if he can stay healthy the Bruins RW has three 25 and under players and in excellent shape

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Seems like his play is very volatile.

he might turn the puck over for no reason, he might get absolutely lit up with his head down, or he might create a great scoring chance from thin air

either way he was an impact player on our 2nd line which was missing last year

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm a Ducks fan thats a big believer in Kase so trying to following him this post season. Seems to be built for the playoffs with his ability to hound pucks and create turnovers. Best of luck and I'm crossing my fingers that he stays healthy.

He looks like he is starting to find his game with us. If he can stay healthy, he is going to be an excellent addition to our team. And for what it's worth, I am big Heinen fan and hope you all get the best out of him (except against the Bruins ) as he is a good player. I also hope you get some quality use out of David Backes too.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Found myself very dissatisfied with him as I watched today. Good speed and puck control, but virtually no finish. One could make same argument against Jake, I suppose.

All I can say is that those who know the sport much better than me say that line is doing very well. And I'm the one who thought Kase would turn out to be JAG. He may well, but for now, apparently looks good.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Man what a pick up. Only 24. What a beauty.

Might end up being one of Sweeney's best deals. I thought it would cost them a 1st alone just to move Backes and his contract. They lost an OK prospect in Anderssen but they have enough depth on D he won't be missed. The odds of getting a player as good as Kase is in the 1st round isn't anywhere close to a guarantee, and whoever they did draft likely wouldn't come close to helping this core group have success.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
4 apples in 5 playoff games

Our 2nd line has combined for 14 points and looked deadly most of the time Super impressed with him

he just needs to see one hit the back on the net he hasn’t scored since February 4th

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
I'm a Ducks fan thats a big believer in Kase so trying to following him this post season. Seems to be built for the playoffs with his ability to hound pucks and create turnovers. Best of luck and I'm crossing my fingers that he stays healthy.

This is his stand out from the last few games, his relentless puck pursuit, forcing turnovers and mistakes. Just hope he stays healthy as he’s looking a great fit on the 2nd line.

Reactions: JCRO

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You have to attack
You have to attack responsibly

your base should be three zone responsibilities BUT your mindset should be to attack when you get the opportunity

this guy is an attacker like Pastrnak

no curse but he seems SEEMS less prone to Pastaisms like we saw yesterday

if he can stay healthy the Bruins RW has three 25 and under players and in excellent shape

Whose the 3rd?

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Love his game, and through the eye test, think noticeable production is around the corner.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I've never been a fan of Kase and didn't like the trade, but he is playing very well, is buying into the system and has chemistry with Krejci. He and Coyle have made a real difference in this series.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know Kase has looked good on L2, but I still love to see Kase and Studnicka together. They both seem to be able to disrupt teams from breaking out keeping pucks in the o-zone. They both also have really good vision and are just able to find the open guy.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad