Player Discussion Ondrej Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Kase is not a throw in or a incidental acquisition.

It was intentional.

Kase was and still is highly regarded around the league as a fast winger with game breaking ability. If the Bruins put him on the block right now he would command a lot of interest, more than on this board apparently.
The only reason his is not a top name has been two things repeatedly mentioned in this thread: Consistency and health.

Kase reminds me of Kuraly a bit, hold on...bear with me...
When Kuraly scores its never expected and almost always a surprise. His goals also tend to me timely and impressive.
But Kuraly does not score every game, nor every week.
Kase is like that only you add in expectation. You expect him to score because of his talent, but he does not score every game nor every week like many think he should.
Consistency and expectation have soured many on him.

But that is nothing compared to #2: Health
Lets face it, the kid is reckless.
...and it has cost him time and time again. So much so that Anaheim was willing to part with a talented winger when they need scoring because of it.
In the little we have seen of him he is coming back from a concussion. Think Bergy when he was young coming back from his big concussion and how most thought he was done and wanted him traded. That is where Kase is right now. The only difference is that Kase almost willfully puts himself in injury prone situations. That CANNOT continue. The Bruins coaches have to spend time with this kid and teach him how to play without almost dying every game.

If they can do that and the kid can STAY healthy he will have time to gel with a center and start to produce. He has good teammates that can help him learn consistency.
He MAY not light it up this postseason, but I do expect him to be a regular next year where will will see him settle in a find his groove.

Kase is a creative talented winger who adds scoring depth to this team. Lets not simply ignore that because of his bad playing habits.
However, what his career will be is dependent upon what he does next in Boston. Make strides to perfect his game and he will flourish.
Ignore it and skate on his talent alone and he will be done in Boston and out of the NHL soon thereafter.

I can only assume this has been made clear to him already. If not I am sure it will be by the start of the next season.
Having Bjork, Studnicka, and even Khulman and Kuraly to push him to earn a spot in the lineup can only be a good thing. Might wake the kid up.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's messed up how neither of our TDL acquisitions are slated to play in the round robin

It really is, covid threw a wrench into the plans. These guys both needed time to gel with the team and covid erased all of that and now it's been made even worse with the "not fit to play " status.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Agreed. He looked really good despite the break and the extra time off. Because of that, DK also had a strong game, IMO. It's amazing what happens when you don't saddle your top end skill players with bottom 6 grinders.

It's as if Krejci can generate better chances playing with a skill guy as opposed to a Tim Schaller or a Joakim Nordstrom. Who would've thought?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kase was awesome today. Goals will come if he continues this way. Krejci looked rejuvenated with Kase. He is also sneaky good defensively. If the Bruins get this type of contribution from line 2.... look out!

Reactions: LSCII

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He looks like the 2nd coming of Mojo (from last season)

he could of had a few goals tonight

digging the creativity. digging the effort. worried about hard hit absorptions

Reactions: LSCII

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Guy works hard and makes things happen, only a matter of time before he clicks offensively with Krejci.
Well said.

JDB is slowly coming around I think as well. That line was impressive overall this afternoon.

And like you said the points will come.

Reactions: GordonHowe

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Kase is awesome. Reminds me a lot of MOJO.

Both play fearlessly, which leads to them getting lit up often. Johansson got decapitated about 5 times last playoffs, Kase has a reputation for skating into big hits and getting hurt too.

But I love the energy they bring and I think Kase has offensive upside.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Had a very good game today, again, my only gripe with him is his self awareness. I always feel someone is going to green light him to Pluto.

Fleury got him pretty good a few times

This is the playoffs, It will be painful/playing with injuries

I just hope for nothing major for Kase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->