Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. IV | Out for remainder of 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
In the Athletic tonight The Florida Panthers beat writer was saying that they are not shopping Ekblad but if someone came calling they would be open to get out of this contract which has 6 years and $7.8 million per year on it

he is a solid top 4 defenseman. but he is not turning into a franchise defensemen

I think he could be gotten by Vancouver say for something like this

1) Joulevi
2) Dahlen
3) Lockwood
4) 1st round pick in 2020

I think the Panthers think long and hard on this one

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
In the Athletic tonight The Florida Panthers beat writer was saying that they are not shopping Ekblad but if someone came calling they would be open to get out of this contract which has 6 years and $7.8 million per year on it

he is a solid top 4 defenseman. but he is not turning into a franchise defensemen

1) Joulevi
2) Dahlen
3) Lockwood

Ekblads injury history is too much, he’s gonna be overpaid if his play doesn’t return to form and we would be paying a premium with that package. It’s like buying a ferrari with a busted transmission and blown engine, just a bad investment.

Side note what a sad outcome for a really promising player.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

1) Joulevi
2) Dahlen
3) Lockwood

Just taking on his contract would be silly. If he's just a 2nd pairing defenseman, he's not worth 7.8 million/6 years much less any major assets.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

1) Joulevi
2) Dahlen
3) Lockwood

Protected 2020 1st and I make the deal if his NMC and NTC don't have to be honoured (which to my understanding they do not). Maybe swap Gudbranson in place of the 1st round pick or, if that's not possible, Juolevi?

It's actually $7.5M AAV for 6 years. He just turned 23. He'll still be overpaid if he doesn't turn things around quickly and live up to #1 Dman expectations. But you pay for offense and he gives the team that big right hand shot from the blueline. At the end of the day, Ekblad would be an asset to add to the team.

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

1) Joulevi
2) Dahlen
3) Lockwood

I think the Canucks do as well...

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Any news on OJ’s timetable?

Moved to Wpg for a job a year ago and don’t get any news on the Canucks like I did when I was in Van.

Really upset with how he’s progressed/regressed since his draft.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Just taking on his contract would be silly. If he's just a 2nd pairing defenseman, he's not worth 7.8 million/6 years much less any major assets.

Put that on a run at Karlssen cross eckbad off that list lol

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Any news on OJ’s timetable?

Moved to Wpg for a job a year ago and don’t get any news on the Canucks like I did when I was in Van.

Really upset with how he’s progressed/regressed since his draft.

I've not read or heard any updates on his progress at all. I believe he's expected to be ready for camp, but that's it.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Relax. The draft isnt an exact science. You win some and you lose some. Injuries are part of the game, and OJ might come back better than ever.

The Canucks should be counting their lucky stars they lost the lottery and picked Pettersson at 5 (essentially getting the best player in the draft.)
The Canucks consistently draft like absolute crap though.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I have a feeling that Juolevi+ for Subban might be something that happens.
Yeah, that's totally a thing that will happen.

grreat.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The only thing more depressing than getting whacked by the Coyotes, is watching Jacob Chychrun, who was drafted 10 spots after Oli Juolevi, solidify his spot as a legitimate top-four NHL d-man.

Reactions: mstad101

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The only thing more depressing than getting whacked by the Coyotes, is watching Jacob Chychrun, who was drafted 10 spots after Oli Juolevi, solidify his spot as a legitimate top-four NHL d-man.

Come now, we all know defense men takes decades to develop
:naughty::nod::sarcasm:

Reactions: Jyrki21

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Protected 2020 1st and I make the deal if his NMC and NTC don't have to be honoured (which to my understanding they do not). Maybe swap Gudbranson in place of the 1st round pick or, if that's not possible, Juolevi?

It's actually $7.5M AAV for 6 years. He just turned 23. He'll still be overpaid if he doesn't turn things around quickly and live up to #1 Dman expectations. But you pay for offense and he gives the team that big right hand shot from the blueline. At the end of the day, Ekblad would be an asset to add to the team.
Post a poll about how many Canucks fans have faith Bae will even come back to hockey, let alone improve his game. Ekblad’s concussion history at his size is HIGHLY WORRISOME.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Was always the lowest ceiling highest floor safe pick of defenceman in that draft. Didn’t have many glaring flaws in his game but never really stood out as remarkable in any way either. He’s a fine skater and quite physical while also being pretty steady. 10x the play OJ will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad