Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. IV | Out for remainder of 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
According to Guds, perrenial Norris trophy candidate, you need at least 300 NHL games.

Still, I'd cut the guy a little slack. Wait until he gets at least a callup to the parent club.

Oh most of this is not about OJ himself.

It's about our dim witted GM who drafted OJ and all his followers who thinks OJ is million times better than the nasty PPG winger whom we gifted to Calgary on a silver, f***ing, platter.

I still remember someone from a year and half ago saying Tkachuk is not an impact player, he's not a core, he's not elite.

I would like to see them say that again right now. Let me grab some popcorn first.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
OJ with back surgery and now knee surgery, and he's barely 20. Not looking good. I had just a bad feeling that Tkachuk going to a division rival at #6 in that draft would come back to bite us in the butt big-time.

Almost since that draft, the Flames and Canucks have been heading in opposite directions.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
OJ with back surgery and now knee surgery, and he's barely 20. Not looking good. I had just a bad feeling that Tkachuk going to a division rival at #6 in that draft would come back to bite us in the butt big-time.

Almost since that draft, the Flames and Canucks have been heading in opposite directions.
Just imagine. Tkachuk Horvat Virtanen line in the playoffs.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
with Tkachuk means no Pettersson. Can't win em all.
Again I’ve gone over this. You’re basing this on that Willie Dumbass would have played him in his first year line Calgary did. Also basing it on the fact that you’d expect him to produce with the horrid Canucks team of that year at a similar rate. So you’d be wrong. As we all know Willie wouldn’t have had him in the lineup, let alone played him in a position to succeed and have him produce similarly. In reality Tkachuk would have been in junior, Canucks probably finish 30th and pick even higher

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
with Tkachuk means no Pettersson. Can't win em all.

Absolute horse****. Can you tell me how we've vastly worsened our draft position by inserting a 90-pace point rookie into our lineup and having a goalie play absolutely out of his mind? We're exactly where we've been in years pasts with rosters chock full of even more trash players.

As mentioned above, it makes some huge assumptions about Tkachuk making the team as an 18-year old with Desjardins as a coach (where we saw how McCann/Virtanen fared as 18 year olds), then producing the same on a worse team than Calgary, and those 45ish points materially changing the outcomes of enough games to move us into 8th or later .

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Absolute horse****. Can you tell me how we've vastly worsened our draft position by inserting a 90-pace point rookie into our lineup and having a goalie play absolutely out of his mind? We're exactly where we've been in years pasts with rosters chock full of even more trash players.

As mentioned above, it makes some huge assumptions about Tkachuk making the team as an 18-year old with Desjardins as a coach (where we saw how McCann/Virtanen fared as 18 year olds), then producing the same on a worse team than Calgary, and those 45ish points materially changing the outcomes of enough games to move us into 8th or later .

I mean EP40 has single handedly won us games this year... hard to believe that Tkachuk wouldnt have a similar effect

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Can you show your math on that one?

Why didn’t you ask the guy for that math for thinking he will help us today then.? He literally said “imagine horvat virtanen tkakchuk line.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Again I’ve gone over this. You’re basing this on that Willie Dumbass would have played him in his first year line Calgary did. Also basing it on the fact that you’d expect him to produce with the horrid Canucks team of that year at a similar rate. So you’d be wrong. As we all know Willie wouldn’t have had him in the lineup, let alone played him in a position to succeed and have him produce similarly. In reality Tkachuk would have been in junior, Canucks probably finish 30th and pick even higher

what basis are you going by that we will be a better team today let alone, something as daring as saying a playoff team ?
show me the math that green would have had him on the line up today.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Your Defence is that it’s an assumption that he would have made the team ? I think at this point it’s a funnier asumption to even think he wouldn’t have made the crappy Canucks in 2017

Ridiculous. Sure bash benning, I won’t defend him much anymore, but that’s absolute horse crap you guys have such piss poor analysts skills. Tkachuk would have made us a good enough team not to draft in the top 5.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Your Defence is that it’s an assumption that he would have made the team ? I think at this point it’s a funnier asumption to even think he wouldn’t have made the crappy Canucks in 2017

Ridiculous. Sure bash benning, I won’t defend him much anymore, but that’s absolute horse crap you guys have such piss poor analysts skills. Tkachuk would have made us a good enough team not to draft in the top 5.

Do you think the Cam Neely trade was a great move because keeping Neely (and Glen Wesley) would have made us win too many games to draft Trevor Linden?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I mean EP40 has single handedly won us games this year... hard to believe that Tkachuk wouldnt have a similar effect

He has. And we're still in...7th last place.

Tkachuk's rookie season was not as impactful as Petterson's current season. And given our lineup, he probably wouldn't have put up the ~45 points he did in Calgary. We don't have elite possession drivers like the other 2/3rds of the 3M line.

If Petey couldn't drag us out from the bottom tier (in a year where the West is uniquely terrible), I don't think a lower-scoring Tkachuk would be able to in a generally harder climate.

This entire argument is bad logic too. What's the argument here? That we shouldn't take the best player available at the time because we *could* get a better one next year if we still suck? Like what?

Reactions: mstad101 and PM

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Do you think the Cam Neely trade was a great move because keeping Neely (and Glen Wesley) would have made us win too many games to draft Trevor Linden?
Imagine having some patience and brains keeping Neely. Drafting Sakic (Wesley) 1987 and even if we had moved back in 1988 still having the choice of Brind"Amour Roenick or Selanne...............hmnnnn

lawrence

May 19, 2012

What does the cam neely trade have to do with 2016 draft ?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Thought I'd check out the Juolevi thread to see if anything new had come up and found out, much to my surprise, we could have drafted Mathew Tkachuk instead of him.

Oh. My. God. Have the authorities been alerted?!?!?

Reactions: bh53

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Thought I'd check out the Juolevi thread to see if anything new had come up and found out, much to my surprise, we could have drafted Mathew Tkachuk instead of him.

Oh. My. God. Have the authorities been alerted?!?!?

These guys are smart enough to believe we will somehow be a playoff team today with tkachuk in the line up today, but thinks we will just be as bad with him in the line up in 2017. Canucks fans on the sub forums on hfboArds.com. The smartest and brightest.

Double f*** ing standard as usual.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What does the cam neely trade have to do with 2016 draft ?

Uhhh ...

You can’t see how defending the horrible Juolevi selection because Tkachuk would have cost us Pettersson is exactly the same as defending the horribly Neely trade because keeping Neely would have cost us Linden?

Was Pettersson a bad selection because he’s likely going to cost us Hughes and Lafreniere?

Reactions: timw33

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
He has. And we're still in...7th last place.

Tkachuk's rookie season was not as impactful as Petterson's current season. And given our lineup, he probably wouldn't have put up the ~45 points he did in Calgary. We don't have elite possession drivers like the other 2/3rds of the 3M line.

If Petey couldn't drag us out from the bottom tier (in a year where the West is uniquely terrible), I don't think a lower-scoring Tkachuk would be able to in a generally harder climate.

This entire argument is bad logic too. What's the argument here? That we shouldn't take the best player available at the time because we *could* get a better one next year if we still suck? Like what?
This! Especially the last part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad