Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. IV | Out for remainder of 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bryan Allen played over 700 games in the NHL - much of it as a #4. While he didn't meet expectations, he doesn't belong in that list of yours.

Ok, I replace Bryan Allens name with Zach Hamil, Alexandr Svitov, Alexandr Picard.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
so your saying he's done? yes or no. answer me with a yes or no answer. btw, he is expected to be "fully ready for training camp" so I wouldn't say his summer is done. Just love hfboards doing the doomsday **** on other teams prospects. ****ing love it. HFboards never change.
Other teams prospects? Wtf are you talking about child. I’ve been here a lot longer than you cheering on this team.
I’ve said from day 1 this pick was terrible! I’ve said from day 1 this kid wasn’t going to be an impact player! I’ve said from Day f***ING 1 that Tkachuk was the player to draft with his 105 point season on the SAME GOD DAMN TEAM!!!

He may be 20, but he already missed 1 very important year of summer off season training, compound that with now 6 months of hockey missed and another summer!
Please show me the list of players who come back from this type of set back? Do I need to bring up Cody Hodgson’s name here?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Other teams prospects? Wtf are you talking about child. I’ve been here a lot longer than you cheering on this team.
I’ve said from day 1 this pick was terrible! I’ve said from day 1 this kid wasn’t going to be an impact player! I’ve said from Day ****ING 1 that Tkachuk was the player to draft with his 105 point season on the SAME GOD DAMN TEAM!!!

He may be 20, but he already missed 1 very important year of summer off season training, compound that with now 6 months of hockey missed and another summer!
Please show me the list of players who come back from this type of set back? Do I need to bring up Cody Hodgson’s name here?

Yes, or no, is he done ? You didn’t answer my question, you just rambles about something else.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Not a big deal. Value went from a 4th to a 6th. Could still have a solid hockey career back in Finland. Best of luck.

Reactions: Pavel96

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Has to be Canucks luck. Literally all of the top 16 picks that year have played in the NHL EXCEPT OJ

Literally cursed.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Two years, two major surgery required on two injuries.

Poor Juolevi. This doesn't write him off for me though. He has to be pissed off by this news, and I hope he finds a way to make lemonade out of this and come out of the gate strong next season. It's not a recurring injury, it stems from a hit last month, it sucks, but I still have hope for the kid. To me this probably means that Hughes will signed after his seasons as cavalry for this team ala Boeser.

If Benning is trying to compete this year, he needs to correct our D via trade or signing then. I don't know if that is the best move, but I would be more then a little worried with Benning "needing" to make a trade. That would be more worrisome then the prognosis for Juolevi missing another year of development.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Going back to Bryan Allen again, he was a guy that suffered a pretty badly broken leg (I seem to recall he was getting in or out of the bathtub!). That and possibly other injuries limited his appearances as a Canuck those first few seasons. He still ended up having a fairly lengthy career in the NHL.

Juolevi is still young enough to hopefully overcome this as well.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Two years, two major surgery required on two injuries.

Poor Juolevi. This doesn't write him off for me though. He has to be pissed off by this news, and I hope he finds a way to make lemonade out of this and come out of the gate strong next season. It's not a recurring injury, it stems from a hit last month, it sucks, but I still have hope for the kid. To me this probably means that Hughes will signed after his seasons as cavalry for this team ala Boeser.

If Benning is trying to compete this year, he needs to correct our D via trade or signing then. I don't know if that is the best move, but I would be more then a little worried with Benning "needing" to make a trade. That would be more worrisome then the prognosis for Juolevi missing another year of development.

Don’t worry. Apparently Tryamkin is coming back , OJ is going to learn how to defend by watching hours and hours of film while he’s off for 6 months, Mattias Ohlund will be hired as a defensive coach, Sami Salo will turn Stetchers muffins in to lasers , and Edler will contact Marty Mcfly to borrow his time machine to go back 10 years.

Once all of this happens , we are gonna be just fine.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When the Canucks sign Hughes; and if Edler is back, then it's likely back to the minors again for Juolevi no matter how he recovers from his latest surgery. There's just no room for him on the left side. Besides, you can't miss virtually an entire season of competitive hockey and expect to come back to an NHL training camp and win a job.

The only saving grace is that often takes d-men longer to mature....but for a fifth overall draft pick, he's been a crushing disappointment so far.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I remember leaving the day he was drafted. Thinking there's no point in staying since we're obviously taking Tkachuk.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
so your saying he's done? yes or no. answer me with a yes or no answer. btw, he is expected to be "fully ready for training camp" so I wouldn't say his summer is done. Just love hfboards doing the doomsday **** on other teams prospects. ****ing love it. HFboards never change.

HFBoards is notorious for giving prospects TOO MUCH time since this place is literally named Hockey’s Future. Prospects never fail and get endless leeway until they disappear and you don’t hear their name for 5 years down the line.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
They said he’d be fully ready for training camp this year. So he starts next year with two months experience more than this year? Monumental disappointment. Sucks, but I can’t see him turning into much. Again, I hope I’m wrong, but this is just about the worst thing that could’ve happened.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
HFBoards is notorious for giving prospects TOO MUCH time since this place is literally named Hockey’s Future. Prospects never fail and get endless leeway until they disappear and you don’t hear their name for 5 years down the line.

So juolevi and lind is out of time right pg Canuck ?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So juolevi and lind is out of time right pg Canuck ?

Juolevi is on his last legs. I will give Lind a bit more time, but he needs to show something this season. I’m not confident he will. He should be in the ECHL along with Gadjovich.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
That hasn't been the case on this board in recent memory.

thats what I thought. I saved many members of Canucks writing off prospects that are not even 21 years old yet. got plenty of dirt on the Canuck fans on hfboards who are notorious on calling out prospects, writing them off, and willing to take next to nothing for prospects. love the book mark feature.

but it's a huge blow to his development. losing a year, and we don't even know when he can begin training full force.

Last edited:

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I liken Juolevi to a guy like Gabe Vilardi who just got sent back to junior after only getting 1 assist in 4 AHL games. Vilardi is 1 year younger than Juolevi, yes, but the similarities are there. Both high picks, very talented, and both are having terrible injury luck early in their career. I'm not worried about Vilardi I think he'll be a fine player in the NHL which is why I'm not too worried about Juolevi. His brain is his biggest weapon and that hasn't been injured. If he can make full recoveries from his surgeries, which the doctors are saying he will, then I don't think the lost development time will de-rail him or Vilardi too much.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I liken Juolevi to a guy like Gabe Vilardi who just got sent back to junior after only getting 1 assist in 4 AHL games. Vilardi is 1 year younger than Juolevi, yes, but the similarities are there. Both high picks, very talented, and both are having terrible injury luck early in their career. I'm not worried about Vilardi I think he'll be a fine player in the NHL which is why I'm not too worried about Juolevi. His brain is his biggest weapon and that hasn't been injured. If he can make full recoveries from his surgeries, which the doctors are saying he will, then I don't think the lost development time will de-rail him or Vilardi too much.

different teams, but back issues are much worse then knee injuries. hope both can come back healthy and ready.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
thats what I thought. I saved many members of Canucks writing off prospects that are not even 21 years old yet. got plenty of dirt on the Canuck fans on hfboards who are notorious on calling out prospects, writing them off, and willing to take next to nothing for prospects. love the book mark feature.

but it's a huge blow to his development. losing a year, and we don't even know when he can begin training full force.

Haven't had to dig up that dirt much lately, eh?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I still have faith that Juolevi is going to turn into a valuable Dman for the Canucks. Optimistically, I am hoping that what Juolevi really needed was to correct his knee issue.

There have been plenty of Dmen picked high who took a disappointingly long time to develop. Hickey, De Haan, Forbort... even Ryan Ellis took a while to become the player he is today.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Haven't had to dig up that dirt much lately, eh?

It’s not something I want to do, I want to associate with fellow Canuck fans. I’m not here to dig dirt on members and save it and use it in the future. We don’t always agree but I’m not that type of person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad