Friedman: "Okay, Jim is getting Ready" "You should be Prepared for Anything" | Who is Staying? Who is Leaving?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Buyers have had the upper hand since the cap went flat and cap space disappeared. The biggest advantage of all is available cap space. That’s exactly how how Sakic stole Toews from the Islanders.

this TDL will be a buyers market. And will also benefit teams with cap space that can retain.

Reactions: wintersej

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Expect a trade to go down first week of February. Wouldn't be shocked if JR traded Pearson again.

It wouldn't be the first time he's traded the same player twice! In a 5 year period, Joe Corvo was traded for, traded away, signed back as a free agent, traded away again and signed back as a free agent.

Reactions: Red and Braeden

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
I don’t think JR is capable of cleaning up much.
Just needs to make a few key trades for the pieces to finish this puzzle in Vancouver. I have faith in him, Allvin & the other staff to make these important decisions that will help shape our next few years. This is a major breath of fresh air compared to Jim Benning.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Foligno's career up to that point showed similar production as Horvat (hovering around half a point per game, with Horvat generally having the upper hand between the two), and he had considerably more experience and had proven himself a defensive wizard in the playoffs the past two seasons running. Also, there were cap retention shenanigans with Foligno that brought the cost up some. So, yes, the Foligno return would be IMO a very good comparable.
YIKES. Horvat is the best faceoff man in the league. He's also waaaaay younger, has an additonal year on his contract and plays center. Not even close man.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Or trade Pettersson, realize he made a mistake, then try to reacquire him in the same season.

Trading Pettersson would only come with massive overpayment which would make it worth the risk. We are talking like Lafreniere, Schnieder, 2021 1st and another grade A asset type of overpayment

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Its kind of funny seeing the hot takes and pen's fans in here making comments about rutherford after 2 cups when i watched the pens even with two of the all time best crosby and malkin fizzle in playoffs year after year from 20010-2014 before he came aboard.

Im not sure if they are happy with burke and Hextall, im sure us canucks fans can tell you a few things about burke and i doubt flyer fans were thrilled with hextall.

Lets see what rutherford can do, we are going from a bottom of the barrel gm in charge of a losing franchise, hearing a few pens fans complain about the rough years under rutherford is not even comparable. If the pens were capped out and not even a playoff team after decades of losing, then i could sympathize.

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I swear Jim Rutherford is only working to screw with Brendan sutter. He traded him from Carolina to Pittsburgh when JR was Carolina gm. Then JR goes to Pittsburgh and trades sutter to Vancouver . Now JR is in Vancouver, guess what happens next, JR will decide on his next employment!

Reactions: CanuckCity

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
I swear Jim Rutherford is only working to screw with Brendan sutter. He traded him from Carolina to Pittsburgh when JR was Carolina gm. Then JR goes to Pittsburgh and trades sutter to Vancouver . Now JR is in Vancouver, guess what happens next, JR will decide on his next employment!

Sutter is out with long-term COVID. He can't even work out. Relax with your hilarious hot-take.

Reactions: Canuck86 and 1989

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad