Friedman: "Okay, Jim is getting Ready" "You should be Prepared for Anything" | Who is Staying? Who is Leaving?

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
You need to go into the post season with some kind of depth. A player who can do well at multiple positions is a nice club to have in the bag.
I understand but giving up 3 1sts seems like steep price for a guy who didn’t do anything for Rangers getting easier matchups. He seems like a target for Caps/Pens/Canes while if Rangers really wanted to contend they would’ve kept Buch

Reactions: deathb4disco

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't think he cleans up Benning's mess in a good way, but it'll show progression.

One thing I see is it won't be a big improvement, but it'll be one solid step in the right direction. I'm talking the trades won't be the nicest, but the value will make up for what Jim Benning gave away.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Are Canucks fans expecting Rutherford to clean up Bennings mess?

Rutherfords last few years in Pittsburgh wouldn’t exactly inspire confidence in that notion if I was a Vancouver fan

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021

Rutherfords last few years in Pittsburgh wouldn’t exactly inspire confidence in that notion if I was a Vancouver fan
But he’s not going all in you see so clearly with Bruce a winning coach will help with the retool. I’m sure bringing in two guys over 65+ will held achieve that retool they want. He’s going to deal JT Miller for Seth Jarvis and 2 firsts.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Personally I think, and this is even coming from Reddit Canucks, they think Miller's gone, Hamonic is probably gonna go, and Boeser is probably gone. Alvin mentioned that being a cap tight team, and not a contending team means we failed. Don't think they want to trade Myers, he's actually been real good. Cap cushion is wanted, although we are playing very well recently, team feels it might not be useful to keep Miller to sneak into the playoffs, just to get bounced by Vegas/Avs, with he same outcome next year, just brings us to another 2 years of mediocre of being bounced again in round 1 or 2, against Vegas or Avalance yet again, so might as well do the stealth rebuild.

Reactions: D0ctorCool

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boeser to Minnesota for

Bjugstad+Addison+1st
Boeser's a good player, and worth at least that in a vacuum, but MN has Kaprizov, Zuccarello (career year, loved by Kaprizov), Foligno(career year), Greenway(perfect match for his line), Boldy, and Fiala on the wings. You could put Boeser on with JEE and Foigno, but they are a heavy, grinding, forechecking line....that is not Boeser's forte, it's Greenway's, who also makes less than half of what Boeser makes.

Boeser is not a need, and in any event MN can't afford to re-sign him in the summer w/o sending away Fiala AND Dumba/Zucarello.

MN could use an upgrade at C, but with Hartman's unexpected good play there this year, even that is not something that they can, or should be giving away huge assets(certainly not Boldy, Rossi, Wallstedt) for. They need those ELC's to get them out of the cap penalties of the next three years.

Miller would be nice, but I would rather that MN tries to get Chychrun, if they are going to go big on the trade front. He is 23 yo, signed for three years at a reasonable rate which takes him out of the MN cap difficulties, and would be a nice bridge age wise between what MN has now and the prospects that will be coming up in the next 2-3 years. His best buddy also is on MN. IMO, he would be a far wiser acquisition than Miller.

Last edited:

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
I would keep:

Hoglander - Petersson - Boeser
Podkolzin - Horvat - Garland
_______ - _______ - _______
Motte - Lammikko - _______
Highmore

Hughes - ______
_____ - ______
_____ - ______
Rathbone

Demko - ______

Prospects I would keep:

Klimovich
Lockwood
Karlsson
Woo
Dipietro

(I bet it would be hard to move OEL and Myers, at least they make a half decent 2nd pair)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
OEL and Myers are two really ugly contracts. If he can somehow get rid of those, that would be a home run for the Canucks but I doubt that is what he'll do.

Reactions: wonton15

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Have you guys checked to see if you have a spare Crosby and/or Malkin laying around? Otherwise....I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Kessel as a third wheel was also amazing. There isn't a single forward on that team right now better than playoff Kessel on those 2 runs.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

So we're just ignoring the stanley cups? We're only allowed to focus on what he did wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad