Friedman: "Okay, Jim is getting Ready" "You should be Prepared for Anything" | Who is Staying? Who is Leaving?

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I get that, but it's less official when Friedman doesn't tweet it himself. To me all this says is 'the Canucks will make some trades at or near the TDL' rather than 'trades are imminent'.
I agree 100%. This is simply stating that the club has their key decision makers in place now, so they are better positioned now to begin making deals. I could see a deal happening sooner than later but I don't think there are imminent deals in the queue.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Honestly, Lots of Canucks fans were interested in a deal surrounding Kapanen for Boeser. (Not sure what the rest of the pieces would be)
....on a completely unrelated note there is high crystal meth use in Vancouver.....

If Kap for Boeser is one of the first deals that gets made by the new management group, I will be very disappointed unless it comes with some big time +'s.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
....on a completely unrelated note there is high crystal meth use in Vancouver.....

If Kap for Boeser is one of the first deals that gets made by the new management group, I will be very disappointed unless it comes with some big time +'s.

upload_2022-1-27_9-38-41.gif

Reactions: kevistar

lawrence

May 19, 2012
OEL and Myers are two really ugly contracts. If he can somehow get rid of those, that would be a home run for the Canucks but I doubt that is what he'll do.
nobody wants those contracts though.

Moot point. Probably boeser miller and hamonic on the move.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You're right. Canucks new management has him as one of the teams three untouchables despite having such a bad season.
With Horvat not on the list, kinda makes me wonder if management it going to move both Miller and Horvat. Be a good way to clear all the old BS out of the room and start fresh

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
With Horvat not on the list, kinda makes me wonder if management it going to move both Miller and Horvat. Be a good way to clear all the old BS out of the room and start fresh
I don't think it makes sense to trade both of them. Without Horvat our center depth would be terrible. We also need his leadership and he's close enough to the rest of the core in age.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I don't think it makes sense to trade both of them. Without Horvat our center depth would be terrible. We also need his leadership and he's close enough to the rest of the core in age.
remember the last time Vancouver had a situation where they were going to move a top end goalie since they had Lou and Schneider, what did they do? traded both.
I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect from Van right now.
Could be a huge 10 player blockbuster or the 1st+prospect+cap/roster player trade for Miller we all see coming

dman34

May 6, 2011
Are Canucks fans expecting Rutherford to clean up Bennings mess?

Rutherfords last few years in Pittsburgh wouldn’t exactly inspire confidence in that notion if I was a Vancouver fan

completely different situations. JR was trying to squeeze another cup out of that core in Pitts. The Canucks are rebuilding.

Reactions: Canucks LB

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Not in a million years. The Rangers already have a better 1C, a competent 2C, and two top six LWs (one of whom is better than Miller and the other leading the league in goals). They already have a top 10 Power play and a top 5 PK, so Miller's ability there means little (he probably wouldn't crack the top PP unit, and the 2nd unit barely plays). The Rangers don't have any business paying 1C assets for a player who would be playing as either a 3C or an out of position RW. Has he even played RW since leaving the Rangers?

It just makes more sense to spend a fraction of those assets to go out and get an actual RW or 3C.
Is there a team in the league that would say nah we got too much talent already, don’t need more. Even Tampa loaded up in the last 2 years. Getting Miller would allow you to bump a 2nd line guy to the 3rd line. You need depth to win in the playoffs.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Is there a team in the league that would say nah we got too much talent already, don’t need more. Even Tampa loaded up in the last 2 years. Getting Miller would allow you to bump a 2nd line guy to the 3rd line. You need depth to win in the playoffs.

Which first line player did Tampa go out and get in the last two years? And how much did they spend?

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

Let’s not put that out there… I want to enjoy life for at least a bit before reality sets in that it sucks to be a Canuck fan. At least for now I can be hopeful that things will be different this time around, that trade would smash that fantasy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad