Friedman: "Okay, Jim is getting Ready" "You should be Prepared for Anything" | Who is Staying? Who is Leaving?

dustybreaks

Dec 31, 2012
Trading Pettersson would only come with massive overpayment which would make it worth the risk. We are talking like Lafreniere, Schnieder, 2021 1st and another grade A asset type of overpayment

My post was in reference to something that JR had done.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It wouldn't be the first time he's traded the same player twice! In a 5 year period, Joe Corvo was traded for, traded away, signed back as a free agent, traded away again and signed back as a free agent.

Not as epic, but I thought the Oleksiak mulligan was pretty funny.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
I feel like Canucks fans insisted I was wrong when I said Rutherford was actually going to be calling the shots and the idea that he'd purely be a "mentor" would end up false, just like it was when he signed on with the Penguins.

Good luck, Canucks fans. Welcome to JR's wild ride :laugh:
Could you imagine he trades for crosby lol

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Might be a hilarious hot take, but it’s an accurate one. Sutter on the IR, what’s new , got his money, off to robidas island
He's on IR because of the ongoing effects of long covid, he isn't able to play because of the covid infection he had a year ago. Its pretty f***ed

Reactions: 1989

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Chia traded the pick....JR traded it in January, not even closely related LMFAO

My point wasn't to be nasty.

But you said probably the stupidest post you had ever seen. Anybody who has been on this site for more than 24 hours will find a massive amount of really really bat poop crazy stupid posts. The [post you were describing might be wrong (I have no idea), but it is isn't even the stupidest post in this thread.

It always makes me chuckle when people say these general statements on a site like this when there are multiple posts I read every day that are simply outrageously almost insane takes.

The point was saying, come on, maybe a little hyperbole there.

Anyways, have a great night

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

SI

Feb 16, 2013
IMO, here are the players, who will be traded by the deadline -
  • Miller - IMO, he goes to the Rangers - total guess Schneider, Othmann, and '22 1st maybe there is another piece heading to Rags
  • Motte - to recoup some picks.
  • Halak - JR doubles down on the biggest organizational need and lands Drew Helleson, RHD
I don't see any other moves - Pearson owns a NTC and a any potential Boeser trade could be made in the offseason - of there is one... I for one would entertain a Boeser for Laine deal maybe there are other pieces that need to be added.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Yes but he would also bring a good return. I doubt a Hoglander trade is for picks it would be for a simlar asset, possibly a defenseman.

If I'm trading Hoglander it'd have to be a comparable D-man: around the same age, already established as a legit contributor, and definite upside.

Not sure how many of those are available.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
My point wasn't to be nasty.

But you said probably the stupidest post you had ever seen. Anybody who has been on this site for more than 24 hours will find a massive amount of really really bat poop crazy stupid posts. The [post you were describing might be wrong (I have no idea), but it is isn't even the stupidest post in this thread.

It always makes me chuckle when people say these general statements on a site like this when there are multiple posts I read every day that are simply outrageously almost insane takes.

The point was saying, come on, maybe a little hyperbole there.

Anyways, have a great night
Fair point, cheers man

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I know it’s been brought up repeatedly over the last couple months, but what would Canucks fans be looking to receive from Pittsburgh in exchange for Miller? JR has a history of stubbornly chasing “his guys” and I think Miller would be a fantastic add for the last sliver of the Pens’ window, putting them over the top from contender to a top cup threat.
Give us Marino, Addison and Kapanen and we will give you miller and Boeser and throw in Halak as a bonus

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Miller - IMO, he goes to the Rangers - total guess Schneider, Othmann, and '22 1st maybe there is another piece heading to Rags

Not in a million years. The Rangers already have a better 1C, a competent 2C, and two top six LWs (one of whom is better than Miller and the other leading the league in goals). They already have a top 10 Power play and a top 5 PK, so Miller's ability there means little (he probably wouldn't crack the top PP unit, and the 2nd unit barely plays). The Rangers don't have any business paying 1C assets for a player who would be playing as either a 3C or an out of position RW. Has he even played RW since leaving the Rangers?

It just makes more sense to spend a fraction of those assets to go out and get an actual RW or 3C.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Not in a million years. The Rangers already have a better 1C, a competent 2C, and two top six LWs (one of whom is better than Miller and the other leading the league in goals). They already have a top 10 Power play and a top 5 PK, so Miller's ability there means little (he probably wouldn't crack the top PP unit, and the 2nd unit barely plays). The Rangers don't have any business paying 1C assets for a player who would be playing as either a 3C or an out of position RW. Has he even played RW since leaving the Rangers?

It just makes more sense to spend a fraction of those assets to go out and get an actual RW or 3C.
Yep, makes no sense paying premium for a Centre only to move him to the wing like they did with Eric Staal 6 years ago.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yep, makes no sense paying premium for a Centre only to move him to the wing like they did with Eric Staal 6 years ago.
You need to go into the post season with some kind of depth. A player who can do well at multiple positions is a nice club to have in the bag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad