Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Wild

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
No, because Koskinen is no better.
Not doubting that but Oilers committed to Kosko financially so it’s weird that the guy who’s out the door gets two starts in a row. Only reason I can think of is showcasing and a little damage control of Talbots feelings.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Hmm

16/17-present
ca834adc-2016-4118-852c-0b5fda48b39d.png

Current season
1be4e2a4-52a1-4881-ba84-a516965e6da2.png

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
First Shot Tal-Bot. Guaranteed loss night again as they chase the game from inside the two minute mark of the first period.

Uh oh. I’ve turned full @GreatKeith negative on this team. This team is destroying my soul. :help: :laugh:

That first shot nonsense is just becoming an Oilers habit now. How many times in the last 20 or so games have the Oilers got to the first TV timeout without a goal against. I'll be back with the answer.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Not doubting that but Oilers committed to Kosko financially so it’s weird that the guy who’s out the door gets two starts in a row. Only reason I can think of is showcasing and a little damage control of Talbots feelings.
I dont think Hitch is sold on Kosko. He pretty much blamed him for losing the MTL game. Gave him a chance to redeem himself vs CHI but he wasnt good there either.
At this point an AHL callup would have his trust more than the 2 goalies here.

I am sure he doesnt care about Chiarelli committing to one long term. He wants to survive this year and go back in retirement mode.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Hitchcock is such a waste of space at this point. Why did this organization bring in a dinosaur when Tmac was failing because he was a dinosaur himself. The goals Talbot let in last game in the 3rd were brutal you can talk about the players in front of him all you want but that Strome goal was the back breaker that lost the team the game and you throw him back in after that performance. I'm so tired of seeing this team year after year more concerned with getting a late pick for a player that is clearly going to be gone after the year is up that they are actually handicapping their team in order to do it.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That first shot nonsense is just becoming an Oilers habit now. How many times in the last 20 or so games have the Oilers got to the first TV timeout without a goal against. I'll be back with the answer.

And so the answer (if I counted correctly) is 10 of the last 17 games where the opposition has scored before the first TV timeout and I think Kosko started 6 of those (again if I'm counting correctly).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hmm

16/17-present
ca834adc-2016-4118-852c-0b5fda48b39d.png

Current season
1be4e2a4-52a1-4881-ba84-a516965e6da2.png

Its interesting that in this seasons stats that Connors without either Drai or Nuge stats are that close to Connors WITH Nuge stats. Not only is the GF not that great but the differential, on 5 on 5, with McNuge is NEGATIVE. That is simply extraordinarily poor results. Two top picks on a line together, both highly paid and they don't even outscore. my lord

Whereas the McDrai columns with or without are night and day.

If anything its suggesting some dependence its how much Nuge is benefitting from linemates either 5on5 or on PP where he has a lot of his pts.

The other interesting thing is that this lineup is so bad, and the support players o bad that Connor doesn't even float without either of Nuge or Drai. That's some scary goal differential in the last columns.

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Howson being there epitomizes what's wrong with the Oilers. He and MacT sucked as GMs to the point where Chiarelli was brought in to relieve them. Instead of wishing them the best in their future endeavours, they just get shuffled to different positions in management. And still persist in their new jobs after Chiarelli is fired.

"You guys weren't good enough at evaluating players so you're now the left hand men to our new GM"

Reactions: TB12

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Took Hitchcock 1 month to lose the dressing. Did you expect anything else from these losers. They tune coaches out like a toddler tunes their parents out when they see crayons.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If you arent going to play Pulju in the top 6 send him down to the currently soaring Condors. He is struggling with confidence he said so himself, playing him 10 mins a night on the 4th line isnt going to help that.
This is really the only beef I have with the lineup. Then again do you blame Hitch or do you blame the braintrust that still has him up here?

Maybe Hitch sitting up with those two is more about everyone getting on the same page or at least understanding what's happening.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is really the only beef I have with the lineup. Then again do you blame Hitch or do you blame the braintrust that still has him up here?

Maybe Hitch sitting up with those two is more about everyone getting on the same page or at least understanding what's happening.
Hitch specifically requested to bring him up and keep him here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad