Confirmed with Link: Oilers Release 4th Jersey!

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
All 31 unis here.

My initial thoughts:

Great:
  • Chicago (Great black and red colour scheme)
  • Colorado (I love the burgundy Nordiques logo and fleur de lis)
  • Minnesota (Green and Gold Northstars colours with the Wild logo...nice)
  • Montreal (These blue jerseys might be my favourite of the bunch)
  • Ottawa (Simple red and black and it looks good)
  • Winnipeg (These look pretty cool in the dark grey with the reverse old Jets logo and no red)
Good:
  • Boston (Simple classic look but why the white cuffs?)
  • Buffalo (Simple and nice. Buffalo on the band at the bottom though?)
  • Calgary (These could've been great but still good)
  • Edmonton (Better than I was expecting given what was leaked previously)
  • LA (This is the best purple and gold jersey they've created IMO)
  • New Jersey (The forest green looks good and they got the banding and logo right)
  • NY Islanders (Simple and nice with the wide banding)
  • NY Rangers (Like the logo but a little too simple. A little red at the collar or yokes and at the bottom could've tied things together better)
  • Vegas (I thought this would look better given what was leaked)
Meh:
  • Anaheim (Apparently Ducks fans loved the '95 Wild Wing jersey though so good for them)
  • Arizona (I don't hate it but they could've done something better with purple and the kachina)
  • Carolina (Why a grey Whalers jersey? Could've been great...definitely a letdown)
  • Columbus
  • Dallas
  • Florida
  • Nashville
  • Philadelphia
  • St. Louis (Pretty good given what they were going for and had to work with, but I still am not a fan)
  • Tampa Bay
  • Vancouver (Why the fade? Why the orca logo? Leave garbage ideas in the past. I actually like the jerseys otherwise but they should've used the old Canucks skate logo in the circle in green and blue)
  • Washington
Eww Gross, Why?:
  • Detroit (Nice practice jerseys)
  • Pittsburgh (This looked cool in black, but white....just looks bland)
  • San Jose (Why light grey? The whole scheme doesn't tie well together and the grey just makes it bleh)
  • Toronto (Did they just copy a knockoff from China?)
I hope some of these look better on the ice with the whole uniform because to me some teams missed the mark and tried to stay too true to the reverse retro theme instead of focusing on putting out a good looking jersey using the reverse retro idea as a starting point.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is this one serious?

2FB36700-76CF-4AC5-8B76-9CC19AC44346.jpeg

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think the Canucks is gross....they should have went with the Bure-era Skate logo, maybe a red or yellow
Flames is meh...bland as usual

I like the Blues one....love the Kings, Devils and Avs one

did the Islanders even change theirs?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Anaheim’s is the worst. Yotes is ridiculously bad too. Vancouvers and Nashville’s are terrible. Really like Boston’s, New York Islanders and Minnesota’s.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
I feel like, once again, we have the worst new jersey in the league. No change to our logo, and a few colour swaps. I realize our logo hasn't really changed, but almost every other retro jersey in the series looks uniquely different and awesome from the standard modern jerseys, and ours just looks same old.

We need a complete overhaul of our logo and colours, imo.

Reactions: barry halls

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Anaheim’s is the worst. Yotes is ridiculously bad too. Vancouvers and Nashville’s are terrible. Really like Boston’s, New York Islanders and Minnesota’s.

I completely disagree on a few of those. Anaheim, Arizona, Vancouver, and Nashville are all great - they're obviously really wacky, but that's sort of the spirit of throwing back to the 90s. It's supposed to be wacky, that's a large part of the charm. I also really don't like the Islanders' set. It looks way too similar to what they currently wear (they've darkened the blue, and flipped the white and orange, both of which a changes so small they have to be pointed out). They missed an opportunity to bring back the fisherman.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Biggest winners (in no particular order):
Oilers
Canucks
Bruins
Capitals
Lightning
Hurricanes/Whalers
Avalanche/Nordiques
Wild/North Stars
Flyers
Canadiens
Golden Knights
Panthers

Biggest losers (again, no order):
Stars
Maple Leafs
Red Wings
Islanders
Jets

Basically every team that I didn't mention was pretty decent as well... Pretty good set for Adidas considering only 5/31 jerseys qualify as bad in my book, while many are great and most are very good.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Since Carolina and Colorado are wearing zombie franchise jerseys, the Coyotes should have worn the Jets and the Jets the Thrashers.

I don't understand the desert-scape at the bottom of the Coyotes jersey, it doesn't look good. If you want to add a cactus throw it on a shoulder patch or something or save it for the main logo on a future alternate jersey. The shade of orange isn't complementary either. Even the model wearing it doesn't like it, just look at his face. If they would have done some simple black banding at the bottom and on the arms like on the the jerseys for Chicago, Montreal, LA or Minnesota and added black yokes these jerseys could have looked alright. Sticking with a bad idea from previous jersey iterations is foolish IMO.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
On the contrary, they kick ass.
You meant *lick* right? Haha

Anyway, just goes to show how people’s tastes differ. I feel as though red and green have no business being together unless it’s Xmas...haha.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
At least the colours aren’t bad for edm’s. Many of these jerseys are using horrible colors (in Dallas’ case none lol), bringing back jersey logos they shouldn’t etc. It’s passable but doesn’t make me want to go out and buy it like say the avs and Minni ones.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Oiler jersey looks good.

Anaheim's is kinda dumb, Calgary is lame and boring, Columbus is ugly, Dallas is crazy ugly, Detroit is a practice jersey, Rangers have an ugly logo on a practice jersey, Ottawa is also getting close to being a practice jersey, Lol at the Leafs jersey (wtf is that). Those are the only ones I think are real downers.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
ugliest IMO:
Detroit
Toronto
Dallas
Winnipeg (just the bland colours)
Vancouver
Washington
NYI (did they even change?)