Confirmed with Link: Oilers Release 4th Jersey!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't love the idea but of the ones I've seen from the Oilers theirs will probably end up looking better than a lot of the others.

Lames one looks gross imo

Why make a nice looking jersey when the Flames fans will just wind up using them to wipe their horses asses and their cows feet before putting the jersey back on and curl up beside them in the barn every night?

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
The Oilers released a very basic preview of their upcoming 4th jersey today. Every NHL team tweeted a preview using the same template, so I wouldn't base too much off of it, but here it is:

I'm expecting something like this:

View attachment 376038 View attachment 376039

I love this idea but I don't like the orange shoulders. Put navy shoulders on the sweater and it would look great!

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Hideous.

I'm over the whole 'liking jerseys because theyre something new and different.'

The orange ones are hideous and those ones are hideous too.

If we need another jersey we should just bring back the mid to late-90s ones.

Edit: I'll never figure out how to add a pic to my post, but tried twice and now the embedded code is invisible when I go to edit this post so we might be stuck with a double picture if it ends up working.
QbgUKxSDRG2LRZFy9

QbgUKxSDRG2LRZFy9

These ones. Give me these any day over the orange

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I'll wait and see.

I didn't think our dark blue 3rd jerseys looked good in photos, but looked much better on the players on the ice.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton

These ones. Give me these any day over the orange

I don’t hate the addition of the orange, I really liked the looks on the ice of the Navy/Orange alternates.

My favorite of all was the McFarlane Jersey and it’s not even close, I’d love for them to try to work that back in as an alternate or try to alter the logo again for a season of an alternate.

I think they want the orange just because it’s different, like half the teams in the league have some shade of blue jersey.

I only actually own only 2 Oiler jerseys, one was a Hemsky from I think 03-04, then I bought a Mcdavid that has the Inaugural patch and C, because I was at the first game in Rogers and I made a little thing with the program and medallion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I think they want the orange just because it’s different, like half the teams in the league have some shade of blue jersey.

It also probably has to do with how heavily orange has become associated with the McDavid era. He was drafted in orange, Oilers played their last game at Rexall and first at Rogers in orange, '17 playoff run was in orange, 'Orange Crush' etc. For whatever reason it seems that Katz/OEG wants McDavid's time in Edmonton to be the 'orange era' and they've invested 5+ years at this point into that being the team's brand.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I don’t hate the addition of the orange, I really liked the looks on the ice of the Navy/Orange alternates.

I wish they kept the original orange. That sweater was sexy af.

My favorite of all was the McFarlane Jersey and it’s not even close, I’d love for them to try to work that back in as an alternate or try to alter the logo again for a season of an alternate.

I only actually own only 2 Oiler jerseys, one was a Hemsky from I think 03-04, then I bought a Mcdavid that has the Inaugural patch and C, because I was at the first game in Rogers and I made a little thing with the program and medallion.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
^^^ Need a different owner first.

I can't believe Anahiem is going with that weird typeface.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
imgres

imgres

If you compare these two images, you can see how the Oilers have flipped the colors of the original jersey. The sleeves use to be blue-orange-blue but now are orange-blue-orange & the shoulder area use to be blue-orange but now is orange-blue.

If I were to guess, the logo will probably change from orange-blue-orange-blue (with a white drop) to blue-orange-blue-orange (with a white drop).

(link to the original jersey shorturl.at/pFLM0)

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I like those to be honest, just reminds of the WHA. Same with the full orange that people hate. Just brings back good WHA memories.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Not a fan of this logo treatment, but also the blue looks navy, where the teaser makes it clear that it's royal.
Yeah, I don't think that the mock up is that realistic. The original 1979 jersey still had blue in the logo even though it was mostly orange.

Reactions: ujju2

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
It looks great, the teaser images have me ready to fork out some dough for one. The right shade of orange and the right shade of blue. Excellent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad