Confirmed with Link: Oilers Release 4th Jersey!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Thought the Pacific aside from the San Jose ones were top of the league. Arizona, Vancouver and our jerseys really pop.

How do you ruin so badly the iconic jersey of Detroit tho

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I hate the Av's and I still want to buy that jersey. Just beautiful. Canes and Habs are also very nice. Bottom of my list are Leafs, Wings, Stars, Canucks and Jets.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I like pretty well all of the retros but to me though it looks good I find the colorado one a bit annoying using the old Quebec jersey.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's OK, I think a version of the McFarlane era jersey with orange/mettalic copper instead of silver would've been a bolder choice.

Can't really argue with the classic Oilers white jersey remixed a bit like the Alberta Oilers whites though, the classic white + royal blue + orange just works even if you mix it up.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
All that did was make me realize Archie has some f***ing idiotic political opinions

Yeah the Covid stuff is dumb af. Overall though the more mainstream conservative/pro-Trump stuff doesn't surprise me (and I am a conservative so it doesn't bother me either). I know for a fact that Caleb Jones, David Perron, Cooper Marody, and others have shared/liked pro-Trump posts on instagram, as well as presumably many others (I only follow current and former Oilers and Capitals). Seems to me the hockey community includes a lot more conservatives than many other North American pro sports (basketball for example).

I hope this isn't considered political discussion. If so, please delete this mods.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Meh for the Oilers 4th. Would like to have had them use the ones circa 2006. Those were markedly different yet had some snap to them.

Reactions: barry halls

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The more I look at these the more I'm thinking these might be the best white jerseys the Oilers have ever worn. I just wish the name on the back was blue, and hope the pants are blue.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I'll take it. Simple and not really much creativity, but much preferred over the potential orange filled logos that were floating around the webisphere.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's really nice.

However, I think for a 4th jersey like this, I would have preffered they go with something bolder and riskier. This jersey is very similar to the road whites with a colour swap on the shoulders and letters. My favorite of these new reverse retros are the ones that look nice but also have something to talk about.

The logo was the spot to try to stand out imo. But like I said, it's still a really good looking jersey.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I think he’s just basing his off of how different they are.

Different doesn’t necessarily mean good, just like similar doesn’t necessarily mean bad.
Yup, he said he is basing it off of creativity. He already owns almost all of the jerseys.

In my opinion, the Oilers jerseys are top 10 in looks but creativity probably bottom 10. I'm going to buy one for sure though.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Wow that Maple Leafs logo is terrible...looks like a knock off of a cheap knock off jersey! Lol

5A575B46-89B8-490D-BFB2-08ED92155F75.jpeg

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
The Oilers released a very basic preview of their upcoming 4th jersey today. Every NHL team tweeted a preview using the same template, so I wouldn't base too much off of it, but here it is:

Edit: Jersey released!

LrLl8CH.jpg

l1Asv0JaVnr1YPx4Y.gif

Though I do kinda wish they fliped the logo colors as a homage to the WHA team.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The more I look at these the more I'm thinking these might be the best white jerseys the Oilers have ever worn. I just wish the name on the back was blue, and hope the pants are blue.

Or have the letters on the name bar outlined in blue like the numbers.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad