Confirmed with Link: Oilers Release 4th Jersey!

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The Devils jerseys are my favourite of all of them.

For me it goes something like
Top 5
1. Habs
2. Sabres (would be #1 if they didn't include the wordmark on the stripes)
3. Devils
4. Oilers
5. Ottawa/Boston

The worst 5:
1. Ducks
2. Canucks
3. Leafs
4. Jets
5. Falmes

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
The Mighty Ducks one is the best by far imo. Wouldn’t mind a Selanne jersey. I hate to admit it but those old flames jerseys were/are pretty nice too.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The Mighty Ducks one is the best by far imo. Wouldn’t mind a Selanne jersey. I hate to admit it but those old flames jerseys were/are pretty nice too.

Yes, they are pretty nice...

giphy.gif

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
How in the world does a jersey like NYI make the top 20 when they literally didn't do a thing to it?
Depends on the ranking system. If it is based of looks, the jersey looks nice. If it is based off looks + creativity, then it is bottom 5.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm not a big fan of it, just looks really generic imo. Same oilers logo and white on white. Lame.
It's just a road alternate. It does not invoke the WHA jerseys. It might have if our normal ones today were copper and blue, but they are already retro. So it's just a colour swap of what is normal.

It does look really nice though. I don't blame people for liking it. But for a 4th jersey, that one should be bold. Stand out. Look at what Carolina and Minnesota did, or even Colorado. Ride the fine line of going nuts with it, while also being stylish.

As it is, even though our 4th looks nice, we will get used to it extemely quickly because it's just so normal.

And maybe it's just personal taste, but I don't see what is so shameful about those other logos of the past. The modern one is the settled best one, but the other ones aren't bad.

Idk, if they really felt that the true retros of past were so ugly, they might as well have gone with the 90s-2000s copper and blue instead.

Reactions: barry halls

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
It's just a road alternate. It does not invoke the WHA jerseys. It might have if our normal ones today were copper and blue, but they are already retro. So it's just a colour swap of what is normal.

It's funny you write that, because to me this jersey does exactly that. It's a nice and subtle combination of their classic gretzky-era look and their inaugural WHA jerseys (which also featured orange yokes and orange lettering/numbers outlined in blue).

I agree, it's not nearly as bold as some of the other options out there, but I still quite like it.
Though part of me was also hoping for something a little wilder - the return of the Weight era roughneck logo, or maybe McFarlane's streaking gear logo.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's funny you write that, because to me this jersey does exactly that. It's a nice and subtle combination of their classic gretzky-era look and their inaugural WHA jerseys (which also featured orange yokes and orange lettering/numbers outlined in blue).

I agree, it's not nearly as bold as some of the other options out there, but I still quite like it.
Though part of me was also hoping for something a little wilder - the return of the Weight era roughneck logo, or maybe McFarlane's streaking gear logo.
I see the connection to the WHA jerseys but you'd have to really know about Oilers history to even guess it might be doing that. It fits too seemlessly with the other jerseys we have. If there was any part of the jersey that should have changed it should have been the logo imo. It would have put the jersey from safe/middle of the pack, to in the top 10 of these 4ths

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
They should've went with the copper and blue, I'm sure at some point we'll get that and the McFarlane jersey, gotta get McDavid into as many jerseys as possible while he's here.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I'm glad it's not loud like the Arizona jersey. Just imagine a bench full of high-contrast purple jerseys.

And I don't get the affection people have towards "blasty". It looks like a decal you'd find on a kids toy. The Flames current retros are far superior.

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If the Oilers ever go back to the classic colour scheme (either the royal blues or WHA orange jersey) I'd like to see this jersey as the primary road rather than the usual road whites. I think the orange shoulder yokes pop a lot more than the usual blue.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The league deciding on 4th Jerseys, what a nonstop lol marketing ploy, during a pandemic is reprehensible. Any attempt to get the Kings ransom our of the paying serfs. ;)

Shaking them down even during the worst pandemic in a century. I mean I'm being flippant, but this marketing ploy is cringeworthy as are all alternate jersey exploits. It has one function only. Obtaining your money.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The league deciding on 4th Jerseys, what a nonstop lol marketing ploy, during a pandemic is reprehensible. Any attempt to get the Kings ransom our of the paying serfs. ;)

Shaking them down even during the worst pandemic in a century. I mean I'm being flippant, but this marketing ploy is cringeworthy as are all alternate jersey exploits. It has one function only. Obtaining your money.

If you're so against it feel free not to spend your money on an alternate jersey. Nobody forced you to.

Reactions: Yeah15

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Wait a business is trying to sell a product to make money? What could be WORSE!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If you're so against it feel free not to spend your money on an alternate jersey. Nobody forced you to.

Its interesting that this is the usual reply. For sure I'm not going to be buying one and Gen X people are not such good consumers. I question needless purchase, consumption, and question this nature of one and its even ethical to question consumption for the sake of it.

This is commerce for the sake of nothing, which services nothing, which contributes nothing, for the sake of emptying pockets.

That'll be my last purposeful post in the thread but austerity is upon us, and nothing wrong with one message to that effect.

edit bah humdrum humbug

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino