Rumor: Oilers look to move a player with "term" for player who has a different "ingredient"

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah imo, Oilers have great C depth, not sure if they use Draisaitl at C, but have terrible wingers. Slow grinders.
If we wanted to run our centers as centers the depth goes McDavid, Drai, RNH, Strome, Khaira. That's probably top 3-5 for center depth. However we have to run one of those top 3 wingers as centers to make any sense

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hall, Eberle, 1st, and 2nd round picks for Adam Larsson, Ryan Strome, and Griffin Reinhart.

I don't know what Chiarelli is baking but I hope it has enough drugs in it to keep us all subdued for another summer
Ouch... I felt that all the way over here.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lucic is now unexpectedly on the TSN trade bait list. PLEASE LET IT BE LOOCH. As much as I like the guy, we would be better off without that contract.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's why trading Larsson makes sense...

Larsson’s a fine skater and a hell of hockey player. The only way trading Larsson makes sense is if there’s a better Larsson coming back. A true #1. Or if the value is so outlandish it can’t possibly be said no to.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That's why trading Larsson makes sense...

No, it doesn't and if you knew anything about the Oilers line up you'd know that.

For the millionth time, the Oilers have little organizational depth when it comes to RHD. They have Larsson and Benning as natural right-handers. They have Bear and Mantha (currently out with a serious eye injury) in the system who are RHD and have a legit shot at making it to the bigs. That's it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Larsson’s a fine skater and a hell of hockey player. The only way trading Larsson makes sense is if there’s a better Larsson coming back. A true #1. Or if the value is so outlandish it can’t possibly be said no to.
Lots of RDs out there with more speed and skill, though. Larsson is good, but more in the meat and potatoes vein.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
a player with "term" for player who has a different "ingredient"...

Hmmm, Chia's track record not so good with this type of move. Oilers fans all over the world bracing themselves for a Seguin/Hall types of move...

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
If we wanted to run our centers as centers the depth goes McDavid, Drai, RNH, Strome, Khaira. That's probably top 3-5 for center depth. However we have to run one of those top 3 wingers as centers to make any sense

Thing is you have Puljujarvi who I'm not sure might work out and then you guys gotta draft wingers. Lots of wingers. Yamamoto and Benson are on their way so that helps.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I’m hoping Lucic or Russell for somebody with speed and a breakout pass. Bad contract for bad contract would make sense... just a different ingredient. No to trading Larsson and Klefbom as they are on sweetheart deals on a cap strapped team (now - but not last season when they had tons of cap and didn’t use it)

I’m thinking Phanuef type bad contract.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don't wanna trade Klefbom, but trading him for a RHPMD or a winger kinda makes sense given how many lefties we've got.

Yep. Which is why all of the trades with Patches are insane and pointless. Not filling the need.

Reactions: thadd

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Thing is you have Puljujarvi who I'm not sure might work out and then you guys gotta draft wingers. Lots of wingers. Yamamoto and Benson are on their way so that helps.
Pulju has gotten worse since he was drafted. Benson is a long shot. Yamamoto will either be a top 6 guy or completely bust. We are so far away from decent wingers.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
What would you give for Petry ? For Weber with minor retention?

Love Petry but he’s not a major upgrade and frankly Klefbom has been better when not injured and I’ve followed Petry since NCAA. Oilers need to jettison a D if they bring in Petry.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
who do you have on the left ?

Was Hall, Maroon, Lucic, Nuge, Cags, etc. heck with so many lefties everybody plays LW. On the right since Eberle left? Draisaitl about 60% time and Ty Rattie, JP and Letestu (barf). It’s a sad right side because Draisaitl is wasted on RW.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wouldn't RNH ideally be a 2nd line left winger ? Pacioretty or Galchenyuk wouldn't make your LW elite but would give you a respectable 1-2 punch (assuming RNH is good at LW).
RNH looks very very good with McDavid so whoever we would add would push down Lucic

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad