Rumor: Oilers look to move a player with "term" for player who has a different "ingredient"

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
The reason why they post these proposals is because the Oilers GM is a moron and would make one of these "bonehead" trades.

but let me repeat what i have said in recent posts all over the net regarding Chia and getting fleeced in trades....he's now on an extremely short leash and making more counter productive trades just to save a buck like he has the last few years will no longer be tolerated if he wants to have a job here by this time next year ! o_O

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
but let me repeat what i have said in recent posts all over the net regarding Chia and getting fleeced in trades....he's now on an extremely short leash and making more counter productive trades just to save a buck like he has the last few years will no longer be tolerated if he wants to have a job here by this time next year ! o_O

Yup.

Daryl Katz is a meddler. If reports are true he’s responsible for the Oilers taking Yakupov over Murray in that draft and word his he did not take missing the playoffs well after getting a taste of sweet sweet playoff revenue. There were even rumblings of Nicholson telling him that RNH was not to be dealt when all the Nuge/Dumba rumours were swirling last summer (in hindsight, damn)

I think his days of having free reign to trust his gut and make whatever cockamamie trades he wants to are over and done.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
McQuaid is a dimeadozen bottom2D (oilers have plenty) and Cehlarik is nothing more than an American League guy. So basically Torey Krug for Klefbomb and the 1oth pick....

You are right about the deal not being in EDM favor.. but very very very very wrong about Cehlarik. He was poised to win a job in Bruins camp this year and got hurt, came back up and played on the 2nd line with Krejci, and then got hurt again. Unlucky season got him. He has a big NHL body, great puck protection skills and good hands. He will be an NHL player for someone, but now he is fighting with Heinen, DeBrusk, Donato and Bjork as other left shot wingers behind Marchand so big offseason for him obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad