Rumor: Oilers look to move a player with "term" for player who has a different "ingredient"

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
so is this Lucic or is it one of the dmen not named Larsson?

Klefbom is probably the only guy that fits that criteria with any real value.
sekera maybe but a team has to be pretty confident he can return to form considering his age, salary, and how awful he was after coming back from that injury

In all fairness he was playing with a knee-brace. He was complaining how it vastly affected his mobility

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
Pulju has gotten worse since he was drafted. Benson is a long shot. Yamamoto will either be a top 6 guy or completely bust. We are so far away from decent wingers.

Egregious piece of information. JP was +2 5v5 pts/60 with both McDavid/Draisaitl. There's plenty of stats to suggest he's doing well. Can't fault the guy for being stuck on Strome's line with anchor Lucic for more then half the season, playing limited minutes and no PP.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
In all fairness he was playing with a knee-brace. He was complaining how it vastly affected his mobility

yeah he obviously wasnt the same player. any team making a play for him would have to be convinced he can bounce back obviously

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Brent Seabrook has that ingredient you're looking for. I'm pretty sure he makes his own butter that will knock your socks off.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Stauffer is connected to the Oilers and often used as a sounding board with fans before a move is made (He discussed speculation/possibility of Eberle and Hall trades in advance of their departures). I'd wager this is based around a Klefbom trade, myself.

I'm not sure how Edmonton trades Klefbom and ends up a better team for it. Unless they add significantly, they're not going to get a true #1D for him... at which point, the question arises, what's the point? Wouldn't it make more sense to just try to add to what they currently have vs tinkering while not actually addressing needs?

There are things I think Edmonton could do. Add some speed, find a couple guys who might be expendable on their current teams who can play, but also provide a little more (Sheary, Comeau, McGinn, Z.Smith, etc)...

Edmonton has some high end talent, but they need more skilled/quality depth. That's only going to come from two places - kids stepping up or via FA/trade. Edmonton just needs to decide what they have and what they need/want. Tough places for them to be in.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Andrighetto + Timmins

For

Lucic+RNH +10th
All of these bonhead trade proposals where the oilers get completely fleeced just to rid themselves of Lucic’s contract. How about Colorado gives us Tyson Jost+And Soderberg and we give you a 7th round pick?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Krug, McQuaid and Cehlarik for Klefbom and #10 in this year’s draft.

McQuaid is a dimeadozen bottom2D (oilers have plenty) and Cehlarik is nothing more than an American League guy. So basically Torey Krug for Klefbomb and the 1oth pick....

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I'm rnh is staying. I think he plays with mcdavid they have great chemistry. imo lucic needs to go. somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad