LeBrun: Oilers interested in T Ennis, offering a 4th round pick

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Give us a 2nd and we’ll take Manning as well.
The Oilers are likely going to lose their 3rd round pick as part of the Lucic-Neal deal, so I can't imagine they'll trade their 2nd for Tyler Ennis. If they even decide to part ways with a pick in the first 2 rounds (which is not likely), it'll be for a more impactful player.

I think it's more a long the lines of 4th + prospect + Manning.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Oilers are likely going to lose their 3rd round pick as part of the Lucic-Neal deal, so I can't imagine they'll trade their 2nd for Tyler Ennis. If they even decide to part ways with a pick in the first 2 rounds (which is not likely), it'll be for a more impactful player.

I think it's more a long the lines of 4th + prospect + Manning.

Manning makes more than Ennis.

Sens rarely make deals where they take on more salary then they are giving

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
Manning makes more than Ennis.

Sens rarely make deals where they take on more salary then they are giving
Manning is a UFA at the end of the season. I highly doubt that would be a factor, even for Melnyk. A "better" deal that requires you to only take on a slightly higher salary for a few months surely isn't going to deter Ottawa from making the move.

Reactions: Navx94

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Can you give a scouting report of some sort on Ennis this year?

Positives
Quick waterbug type player. Can play both wings.

Able to stick handle and make tight quick twisting turns in tight spaces creating room for himself.

More of a playmaker than shooter. Usually only shoots when hes in tight. I've never seen him take a slap shot.

Often creates 2 - 3 scoring chances in tight on his own each game.

Willing to battle for the puck along the boards but not a physical player

Good to great speed

Can play the half wall on the pp.

Negatives
Gets knocked off the puck easily

Not great defensively.

His skill makes him a fringe 2nd line player but his lack of overall game doesn't make him a good 3rd liner.

I haven't watched enough of Yamamoto to say definitively that they are similar players, but from what I've seen they somewhat are. (If that makes sense lol)

Reactions: Wretched Oil

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Positives
Quick waterbug type player. Can play both wings.

Able to stick handle and make tight quick twisting turns in tight spaces creating room for himself.

More of a playmaker than shooter. Usually only shoots when hes in tight. I've never seen him take a slap shot.

Often creates 2 - 3 scoring chances in tight on his own each game.

Willing to battle for the puck along the boards but not a physical player

Good to great speed

Can play the half wall on the pp.

Negatives
Gets knocked off the puck easily

Not great defensively.

His skill makes him a fringe 2nd line player but his lack of overall game doesn't make him a good 3rd liner.

I haven't watched enough of Yamamoto to say definitively that they are similar players, but from what I've seen they somewhat are. (If that makes sense lol)

They are similiar lol except Yamamoto is very strong on the puck. It's hard to knock him off it. Nuge's first goal last night showed it

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'd love Ennis and Tierney for the oil, when healthy

RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - McDavid - Neal
Benson - Tierney - Kassian
Nygard - Sheahan - Archibald

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'd love Ennis and Tierney for the oil, when healthy

RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Ennis - McDavid - Neal
Benson - Tierney - Kassian
Nygard - Sheahan - Archibald
That third line would be quite something. I don't like Khaira one bit but he is a part of the PK

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He's called a few trades including the failed Kadri to Calgary trade, as well as the Smith and Talbot signings.

yes, because he comments on rumours that are already out there. It’s like if I predicted Alec Martinez was getting traded to Vegas before it happened. Does that make me an insider?

Reactions: Deplorable Lenny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad