LeBrun: Oilers interested in T Ennis, offering a 4th round pick

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I think he’s a better option than Ennis but Sens would definitely have to retain on Namestnikov.

Better option as in better player?

I think it's obvious Ennis is a faster better skater and puck handler. Ennis is a better playmaker. Both of their shots are insignificant.

Namestnikov is a semi skilled semi grinder that can do a little bit of everything.

Ennis is a little waterbug out there. He can skate circles around guys down low, change directions on a dime, which means he creates like 2-4 high quality chances almost every single game.

So if you want a guy who can almost seemingly create chances like a high end player without being a high end player, go with Ennis. If you want a more average, less flashy player who can kinda do anything, go with names.

But after watching both for most of the season, Ennis looks significantly better at offense and it's not even close. Ennis creates by himself. Namestnikov most certainly does not create anything by himself.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I think he’s a better option than Ennis but Sens would definitely have to retain on Namestnikov.

Ottawa will be fine retaining on Names. The whole point of the acquisition in the first place was to get assets by eating 3/4 of the cap hit for the year.

If you want secondary offence Ennis has been the better player this year. Names is a better PK and bottom six player though.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Better option as in better player?

I think it's obvious Ennis is a faster better skater and puck handler. Ennis is a better playmaker. Both of their shots are insignificant.

Namestnikov is a semi skilled semi grinder that can do a little bit of everything.

Ennis is a little waterbug out there. He can skate circles around guys down low, change directions on a dime, which means he creates like 2-4 high quality chances almost every single game.

So if you want a guy who can almost seemingly create chances like a high end player without being a high end player, go with Ennis. If you want a more average, less flashy player who can kinda do anything, go with names.

But after watching both for most of the season, Ennis looks significantly better at offense and it's not even close. Ennis creates by himself. Namestnikov most certainly does not create anything by himself.
This is a longer version of what I just said :)

Reactions: jbeck5

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Rather keep Ennis, he plays with ton of heart and has decent skills. Namestnikov would be the one to move. Could be had for a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: robsenz

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rather keep Ennis, he plays with ton of heart and has decent skills. Namestnikov would be the one to move. Could be had for a 3rd rounder.
He is a UFA keeping any of them would be absolutely moronic if they dont sign an extension prior to 3 pm.

Ennis + Tierney for a 2nd 2022 and Puljujarvi?

Reactions: Bileur

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He is a UFA keeping any of them would be absolutely moronic if they dont sign an extension prior to 3 pm.

Ennis + Tierney for a 2nd 2022 and Puljujarvi?
That's an average return to be honest. Why 2022? I'd rather trade them separately.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
At this point, I'd keep Ennis. We have enough picks but not enough players and Ennis has showed up almost every night this year to chip in, one way or another. Wouldn't mind extending him one bit.

Reactions: SensFactor

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
At this point, I'd keep Ennis. We have enough picks but not enough players and Ennis has showed up almost every night this year to chip in, one way or another. Wouldn't mind extending him one bit.

He still doesn't have a contract though, it makes sense to move him. I like his game, but asset management..

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He still doesn't have a contract though, it makes sense to move him. I like his game, but asset management..
I don't think there will be any issue re-signing him, and I think him being in the lineup is worth more to us than another 4th next year. We have 22 picks in the next two years - half of them in the first 2 rounds - and we'll probably accumulate more before 2021 draft. I say keep him unless the offer is really great. I wouldn't be upset if he's dealt for a 4th, but I would rather hold onto him than add another mid-rounder.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
You gotta have warm bodies. We acquired Ennis off free agency. We could get another **** player like him next season if we wanted. Keep him to keep the young guys in Belleville

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Ennis for Khaira could work for both sides. OTT doesn't need more 4th rounders IMO.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Ennis for Edmonton 2020 third rounder. If not, I agree with some other posters that we should just sign him. He's a good experienced player to help the young guys develop.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holland and Dorion just need to pull the trigger on this deal already.

Get it done lads.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

You guys got good value for Pageau, I still think my Samorukov + conditional 2nd offer (becomes a 1st if the Oilers make the WCF) was a good offer because who knows what those other picks become, Samorukov is a legit NHL prospect that brings elements the Sens don’t have. Nevertheless, Dorion did well on that deal though.

Now send Ennis our way for a mid round pick.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Thing that bugs me about T. Ennis is that this guy was literally coming in for PTO's last year, born in Edmonton wanted to play here and we passed him up. He ended up going to TO and playing decently well in a bottom 6 role and got some value back. Strong season again this year and now we have to give up a 4th for a guy who could be on a 2 x 1 contract right now. I can't be too mad at Holland because of the shrewd other signings he made (Nygaard, Haas, Archibald, and Sheahan) but damn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->